In this Discussion

Concert Thread

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I just got tickets to see Hot Hot Heat and Dropkick Murphys today so i figured I'd make a concert thread. I also really wanna get tickets to U2 and kings of leon, Mission of Burma and Queens of the stone age. I'd also lurve to see Ok Go but yet... not east coast date.

Comments

• in the next two months i am seeing xiu xiu, hot hot heat w/ louis XIV, modest mouse, okgo, u2 (i'm pretty sure), the moving units w/ the secret machines and autolux, bloc party, the flesh w/ bang!bang! and the dirty things, the music (hopefully, unless i go to new york), death from above 1979 w/ controller controller, I love you but I've chosen darkness (my newest addiction), martime,
    anddddd that basically takes care of all my weekends until early april. unless I go to new york in march in which case I will miss bloc party and see ben kweller in ny instead.
  • whoa, you got to a shit load of shows. I'd love to see as much shows as you do but boston concerts are often 18+ or really expensive.
  • most of these are 18+ and unfortuantely I happen to be 17, but i have successfully coaxed my cousin into letting me use her id for all of these, because well, honestly, we look nothing alike, but everyone thinks we do. so it works.
  • Hmm, the Austin gig doesn't appear to have a venue that I can find, so I dunno, ha ha. As long as it's not 21+ I am f**kin' there.
  • WHY ARE YOU ALL SEEING HOT HOT HEAT. it's unfair. i want to see them. GR. they never came back after cancelling their concert here 2 years ago!.
    i want to see:
    [authority zero]
    [relient k, name taken, mae]
    [armor for sleep, something corporate]
    [interpol]
    and im already seeing OK GO duh!
  • Yeah, hot hot heat never come here! I dunno who else i'm going to get to see.
  • Possibly Bloc Party and The Ponys in April and a festival show at the end of April, but nothing else cause I'm not allowed to go to shows on weeknights.
  • hmmmm I saw Yeti just now (they're John from the Libertines side project and they were really really good and john was so beautiful smile.gif)

on valentines day ryan's taking me to see bloc party
    and we've got the killers and the hives coming up too

plus loads of small random bands that nobody has ever heard of smile.gif yay!
  • ais if you go to new york tell me and maybe ill go.

i think i'm going to see the dresden dolls with REGINA SPEKTOR.
    but it's sold out. but this group of 17 year olds at my school haev tickets and cant get in because its 18+ (and i have a fake id) so HOPEFULLY one of them will sell their ticket to me.

&im going to see bane and with honor.
    but that show is going to be so-so.
    amazing bands, just not sure of the other people attending.
  • QUOTE (ella @ Jan 28 2005, 02:18 PM)
    i think i'm going to see the dresden dolls with REGINA SPEKTOR.

you must see dresden dolls!!!
  • BANE! yes.
  • In two months I'm seeing The Thermals. And possibly Bloc Party. If it isn't sold out.

Envy me.
  • QUOTE (Rabid Rabbit @ Jan 30 2005, 01:03 PM)
    Envy me.

i do envy you...
    but for your avatar...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jan 30 2005, 07:08 PM)
    i do envy you...
    but for your avatar...

Yes, it's the coolest, isn't it cool.gif wink.gif