In this Discussion

A Message From Andy

edited November -1 in OK Go
Dear OK Go Fans,

For those of you who don't already know, I, Andrew Scott Duncan (Andy), have decided to move on from OK Go. It seems to me that I'm at a critical point in my life where my commitments at home outweigh those involved with touring. I've found that life on the road is not where I am at my best. Unfortunately, the timing of this realization leaves me sad, as I believe that this upcoming record that we made together totally rules and there are even better times to be had: the boys are going to move up and beyond.

They say that hindsight is 20/20. So only the future will tell whether leaving OK Go was the right thing for all of us. But for the moment there are a few things that I do know:

1. I will not miss Damian's relentless flatulence
2. Dan's penchant for boondoggling and swaggling
3. Tim's reluctance for being open about our feelings for each other

Aside from that, I also know one other thing: that OK Go is a great band. The most motivated, playful and talented group of guys I've ever worked with. All the hard work and play that we've done as a band has taught me life lessons that will surely endure through my midlife crisis and beyond.

In the meantime I've got music and yoga classes to teach and a film score/soundtrack in the works. Currently I'm producing a group out of LA/SF called the Seahorse Liberation Army making le dance music for le discotheques and loving every minute of it, scrapping it up, and sending it through the other guy's window.

So thanks to everyone who has supported me and kept me supplied with toothpicks & such. Rock on everyone, and fight the good fight.

I'll see you when I see you.

Love,

Andrew Scott Duncan,
taxpayer

Comments

• Andrew.

Good luck. I'm starting yoga this week, but my teacher will not be nearly as cool as you. Hopefully I will see you sometime in the future.

Love,
    Kelly
  • Aw, you'll be missed, but good luck and have a fabulous time with all the other stuff you're doing.
  • damn it! i had always hoped that you and Damian might spontaneously make out in the middle of a show, but now my hopes are ruined. thanks a lot!
  • oh mr. duncan i am so very sad but so very glad that you are doing what you need to do. last time i talked to you (so long ago...when you were in colorado) you takled about your family so i know that everything will be good now but you will be missed EVER so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sydney
  • Andy...
    Even though you're leaving ok go... and you will be missed greater than you can imagine... I hope you'll be happier. The strange thing about this is that for Christmas I received the Ok go buttons with you guys on them. But a couple days ago I had a nightmare that you fell off... it's foreshadowing and creepy and we'll all miss you...
    Love,
    Hannah
  • god this is the second goodbye letter i've read from OK Go.... I hope they don't just fall to pieces. I'm so sad. I tell atleast one of my friends everyday that Andy left OK Go sad.gif Its so sad, but at the same time its good that Andy can do what makes him happy. So good luck!!! xxx
  • Wow, my first post ever is a goodbye post....this sucks.

I never got to see you live with OKGO, Andy, but I hope I can catch you in the future with your new projects.
    Best of luck to you.

I can't believe this....my two most favoritest bands in the world have announced that a member has left...in the same damn week (Mike M. is leaving Wheatus)!!! This is too sad. This is too weird.

sad.gif
  • Andy,

So long and thanks for all the fish. Good luck with everything you do in the future.

Drunk English Guy

cc
  • Andy will be marvelous in anything he chooses to do in life.
    He holds that amazing power, very similar to the ones that a superhero has.

My favourite Andy time was when we hung out outside of the Clearwater Theatre in West Dundee and talked about the COD. Good times.

Good luck in everything you do.
    cool.gif
  • best of luck to you. i'm glad you're doing things that make you happy. i know we all look forward to hearing your creations. rock on mr. duncan. rock on. \m/

on another note, i do think we're all going to cry like little babies. or emo kids. we'll miss you. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (RiverSylphide @ Feb 2 2005, 06:58 PM)
    on another note, i do think we're all going to cry like little babies.  or emo kids.  we'll miss you.  sad.gif

I second that.
  • QUOTE (cc/uk @ Feb 3 2005, 12:32 AM)
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

Ok. That cheered me up! Loves Douglas Adams.
  • sad.gif

i don't think there is a possible replacement who can jam out on a keyboard solo like Andy can...
  • that sucks.

i never got to see ok go live.

:-/

g-g-g-g-g-get over it. ha.
  • sad.gif ok go will never be the same they one of my favorite bands. good luck with everythin you do in the futuure.
  • I have seen you guys in concert 3 times now, and Andy, you will definately be missed. The first time I saw you was in Columbus Ohio in april of 2002, and I was instantly in love with your music... and without you it won't be the same. However, I do hope that you are happy in everything you do, and if you feel that this is what is right for you then good luck!
  • *sigh* well, he'll be missed sad.gif

Ohh, now i have to make a poster only with pics of Andy (i do weird stuff like that)

And i've seen okgo live! This is so sad! Now there's two missing, and who knows what happens next! Their new album fly away or something.....

Anyway, i'm sure that the other stuff our Andy does will rock!

didn't someone give him a silly nickname once? It was hillarious!!

I'll miss him.........

*kim* mellow.gif
  • I think he was once called Slam Duncan. Which is genius. Also, I was eating corn on the cob this weekend and watching Anchorman (in which refrence is made to a corn cob pipe) and I could not get the term "corn pone" out of my head. It's so mysterious.
  • aww, yeah... Slam Duncan smile.gif that was genius biggrin.gif
  • i still have my circle of duncan patch...
    but it's lying around somewhere because it was too big to put on anything i own.