In this Discussion

Q for people who've gone to a show on this tour

edited November -1 in OK Go
How long have the shows run?

Comments

• Not long at all. Open End show started at 9pm (opening act) and ended at 10:45 I think.
  • at the denton show they played a good 45minutes or more (they started at midnight and it was almost one when i left)
  • hm ok good. hopefully itll be over by 11 so i can stay a little longer w/o being out too late
    thank you!
  • QUOTE (CrssEyedNSmilin @ Feb 27 2005, 11:22 PM)
    Not long at all.  Open End show started at 9pm (opening act) and ended at 10:45 I think.

Were there only 2 bands playing? or 3?
  • Ok Go isn't even playing for an hour ?!??! sad.gif
  • it probably depends on the venue and if they opening or whatever...in denton they were the last to play. their were 2 bands before them and the doors (bar) opened at 10 pm for all ages (before that time it was 21 and up) and the first band started at 1015 ish
  • QUOTE (turtle @ Feb 28 2005, 06:58 PM)
    it probably depends on the venue and if they opening or whatever...in denton they were the last to play.  their were 2 bands before them and the doors (bar) opened at 10 pm for all ages (before that time it was 21 and up) and the first band started at 1015 ish

how long did each opening band play?
  • Spongie, Congress' website is listing the supporting band as "local pop punkers Still Nameless" and a start time of... 9:30pm. Argh. Too bad your parents don't let you travel with strange people, even they are UHS alums, because we'd be more than happy to drive you home if it's way late. Anyway, if it's a local band, they can't play more than 30-45 minutes before the crowd gets restless I'd bet. But assuming everything's on time, which it probably won't be (though I'm used to the fiasco that was the Rialto, affectionately enough), I'd say 11-11:30pm is on the mark for an end time. What time do you need to be ready to go at?

Say, do you think the Louis XIV show later this month @ Congress will be rockin'?
  • I saw them at the Empty Bottle and for 2 bands it took about 2 hours. OK Go did not play all that long, I wanna say about 50 minutes or so... may have something to do with Rusty not being too familiar with the music yet? Still... it was a great show
  • QUOTE (Suggrr @ Feb 28 2005, 08:48 PM)
    Spongie, Congress' website is listing the supporting band as "local pop punkers Still Nameless" and a start time of... 9:30pm.  Argh.  Too bad your parents don't let you travel with strange people, even they are UHS alums, because we'd be more than happy to drive you home if it's way late.  Anyway, if it's a local band, they can't play more than 30-45 minutes before the crowd gets restless I'd bet.  But assuming everything's on time, which it probably won't be (though I'm used to the fiasco that was the Rialto, affectionately enough), I'd say 11-11:30pm is on the mark for an end time.  What time do you need to be ready to go at?

Say, do you think the Louis XIV show later this month @ Congress will be rockin'?

i've heard Louis XIV is good!
    Yeah im hoping it's done by 11 30 at the latest. but i want to meet the boys! stupid opening band! i wish there wasnt one! and i wish it wasnt so late. but im still going. yeah
    ill be there around 8 30. early yes, but i want in first!
    ill see you there! allison's gonna be there too! yay!
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Feb 28 2005, 09:42 PM)
    how long did each opening band play?

hmmm i guess a little more than 30 min ...10- 15min change over...