In this Discussion

A few questions......

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Some of you remember me for making this thread at the H&V boards. I thought that maybe I can get some more answers here.

These are just some questions that I've always wanted to ask a woman, but never had the nerve to. Please answer honestly.

1) What is it with girls and shopping for shoes, or anything for that matter???? huh.gif

2) Does size really matter, um, you know, down there? unsure.gif

3) What are you really looking for in a guy? come on, be honest.

4) Why do you defy all logic when arguing? It's extraordinary. blink.gif

5) When confronting someone, why do you do it in groups? It's frustrating to deal with all of you at once!

6) What's the true path to a girl's heart?

7) Okay, say that a guy did something really stupid, and you're pissed at him. What does a guy have to do to earn your forgiveness?

8) What do girls really want??? blink.gif huh.gif I'm clueless. tongue.gif

9) Do you share everything with your friends? Is nothing a secret?

10) Why do you ask loaded questions? (questions where no matter what the answer is, you get pissed at us for it) laugh.gif

11) Do subtleties really matter, like in a relationship? Do they really make all the difference in the world?

Comments

• 1) Because having new and different stuff is so much fun, and looking good does help boost self-esteem.

2) I have no idea.

3) Funny, vaguely good looking at least (you wanted honesty), music-lover, liberal

4) Sometimes it's just so damn funny to confuse people. But also, not all girls do this--I don't.

5) I've never done this. But I feel like I've answered that question for you before...

6) Being sweet wins you major points in my book.

7) Apologize and explain his reasoning--at some point when I'm less angry.

8) Someone who is good in bed. Or just someone who is fun to be with and who I can relax around.

9) I share nothing with my friends. Seriously. They don't know who I like now, who the last guy I liked was, that I'm depressive...

10) I can't say that I've ever done this, so I don't know.

11) I've never been in a serious relationship, so I'm not an expert, but I feel like it's really hypocritical to be subtle about something than get upset if a guy doesn't get it. Subtlety is not a guy's strong suit, so it shouldn't be too important in a relationship. Of course, if you've been together for a really long time, than a guy should start to be able to read some signals. But expecting a guy to understand everything a girl says and does is ridiculous.

Hope that helped somewhat, even though I have very little experience with relationships.
  • YES!! MO!!! biggrin.gif

1) well, i can answer for myself.. and it's just cause buying new things gives you more options to wear, and new shoes can totally make or break an outfit.. seriously. like shoes get worn out so fast (at least for me) and there are some ill just never throw away even though they're super worn, but there's this weird gratification after going shopping that i've accomplished something. It's really satisfying to come home with a bag of new things to wear and get compliments on.. it's weird, I know.

2) well unless you stick your hand down someone's pants, you're not gonna find out til it's too late, and i guess if its so bad that it outweighs the guys personality... or at least the girl thinks so, then the guy should work on his personality and not invest in a pump... so i'd say no. it's allllllll about personality (and looks but preferences about looks change once you get to know someone...)

3) as i said before, personality is most important... if you don't click there's nothing.. no point i having a relationship if you dont get along. humor... and then looks... hair especially is important.

4) just accept it.

5) exactly! that's the point.

6) make her laugh.. seriously if you can make her laugh, like actually laugh not just chuckle, that's half the battle. it's really not so hard to get a girl to like you, i dunno why guys think it is.

7) do something cute. like cheesy and cute. i dont care how much a girl says she hates cheesy crap, thats just a lie. everyone appreciates it.

8) chocolate

9) nope.

10) some do, not all... like if i asked "do i look fat in this?" and a guy said yes, id be like okay and change...haha but a lot would probably freak out so i cant answer this question.

11) yes
  • 1) i'm a bit of a crazy shopper, but recently i've reallised that shopping is caused by companies telling you that you want things, and magazines and the whole celebrity culture that we live in. wear THIS if you wanna be cool and you life will be better if you pay fifty bucks for moisturiser. don't get me wrong, i still buy stuff, but instead of feeling really happy and excited when i get home and look at all the stuff i've bought on my bed, i just feel a bit empty, because most of it i don't need and only bought because i wanted it and could afford it.

2) there are far more important things.

3) someone who i can adore and who will adore me back. someone thoughful, who won't get scared by my huge gestures. someone with a pretty smile and who can tell a good joke.

4) because we can? sometimes we do have very logical arguments, and men don't seem to like this, so i guess you cause us to revert to silly arguing.

5) i don't do this. but i think girls often need moral support and other girls feel that they need to be supportive, that's why we do things in packs.

6) definitely not through her pants. get to know her, be nice to her, listen to what she says to you and then show her you've listened by: getting tix/suggesting you go see a band she's mentioned, buying her something she says she really wants, reading abook she loves, refering to members of her family by their names and not "your sister/brother/cousin/mother" etc.

7) say sorry and truly mean it.

8) happiness, pretty shoes and periods that only last one day.

9) no, but it's nice to tell people about things and i'm pretty sure that it's emotionally good for you.

10) because we're gluttons for punishment

11) it's the little things that count, because they prove that you care. a well thought out gift is so much more special that a flashy expensive one.

h xxx
  • QUOTE (husna @ Feb 19 2005, 06:51 PM)
    7) say sorry and truly mean it.

Ooh, that's a tough one to do. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (minia @ Feb 18 2005, 12:21 AM)
    7) do something cute. like cheesy and cute. i dont care how much a girl says she hates cheesy crap, thats just a lie. everyone appreciates it.

This is so true, I think. ha ha. Unless she doesn't like you "like that" at all. Then it's just kind of creepy.
  • I've noticed that this board isn't really active. blink.gif
  • QUOTE (Mo_Papparani @ Feb 17 2005, 11:55 AM)
    Some of you remember me for making this thread at the H&V boards. I thought that maybe I can get some more answers here.

These are just some questions that I've always wanted to ask a woman, but never had the nerve to. Please answer honestly.

1) What is it with girls and shopping for shoes, or anything for that matter????  huh.gif

2) Does size really matter, um, you know, down thereunsure.gif

4) Why do you defy all logic when arguing? It's extraordinary.  blink.gif

5) When confronting someone, why do you do it in groups? It's frustrating to deal with all of you at once!

7) Okay, say that a guy did something really stupid, and you're pissed at him. What does a guy have to do to earn your forgiveness?

8) What do girls really want???  blink.gif  huh.gif  I'm clueless.  tongue.gif

10) Why do you ask loaded questions? (questions where no matter what the answer is, you get pissed at us for it)  laugh.gif

11) Do subtleties really matter, like in a relationship? Do they really make all the difference in the world?

1. i shop when i'm bored. my current obsession is shopping for pjs. fun times..

2. hmm. kind of but not really.

3. someone who's into me, honest, playful, i can get along w/ and have fun w/, someone who's not stupid and not a douche bag

4. i don't, i'm extemely rational when arguing.

5. i don't.

6. consideration, to know you're thinking of them and they matter.

7. depends on the screw up. some girls may make up their minds before it happens, like "if he ever did this, i couldn't stay" and you'll have to deal with it and move on, but if it's less of a big deal, just let them know you're sorry pretty much. as much as think a guy is a douche for something, if you like them at all, you want to forgive them, and just a little remorse on his part is enough to give you an excuse to forgive him, pretty much.

8. see #3 and 6

9. i share next to nothing with everyone.

10. because seeing you try to come with a response tells us more about the answer, like if you hesitate or avoid it or whatever, that means a lot..

11. yes, definitely.. if i hang out w/ someone, usually it's just playing around or talking about stupid stuff makes me feel better about him after he leaves, vs. some big deal thing or conversation. pretty much need to just leave them feeling happy about you and themselves in most of the interactions you have, and you'll stay together and it'll be great.
  • In response to #1, which is all I feel like answering right now. I actually hate shopping. I just want to get in and get what I need and get out. But when I found out my cat died and I went shopping, I seriously did feel so much better. So, I guess I only really enjoy shopping as therapy, or checking out eclectic knick knack type stores.
  • 1) What is it with girls and shopping for shoes, or anything for that matter????
    I, oddly enough, LOATHE shopping. I only go when I absolutely HAVE to and even then I make sure I know what I want before I go so I can get in and get back out in 15 minutes.

2) Does size really matter, um, you know, down there?
    Kind of

Intelligence, creativity, similar interests, wit, honesty, punctuality and yes, I have to be attracted to him.

4) Why do you defy all logic when arguing? It's extraordinary.
    I don't. In fact, I'm more logical than any guy I have ever dated.

Once again, I don't. I quit doing that in 6th grade. It's as bad as having your friends ask a guy out for you.

Make me laugh and you will win

Depends on what it is. Generally speaking though, I am very forgiving. A little downfall of mine I suppose.

8) What do girls really want??? I'm clueless.
    Power and great sex.

Usually only one friend, who can likewise, keep a secret.

10) Why do you ask loaded questions? (questions where no matter what the answer is, you get pissed at us for it)
    I try not to. In fact I can't remember the last time I did. However, I think that most men in general are a little too paranoid when it comes to the "loaded question" thing. If I ask you if what I am wearing makes me look like shit, I'm not trying to trick you, I really want to know. I have to go out in public for crying out loud.

Only if they are creative and sincere.
  • dear sir,
    i think i said this to you before, but i will say it again:
    these are all stereotypes that do not in the least apply to all girls. and they also don't apply entirely to girls. boys can be illogical in arguments, and a lot of girls don't like to shop.
    i don't get why you're asking these questions and imagining that they apply to everyone with breasts.
    love,
    jessie.
  • 1) What is it with girls and shopping for shoes, or anything for that matter????

girls are prettier than boys. so they look better in things. so they enjoy finding these things they look good in. conclusion: boys are ugly.

2) Does size really matter, um, you know, down there?

not really

humor, good taste in music/movies, respect, not egotistic, etc

4) Why do you defy all logic when arguing? It's extraordinary.

i try not to if im serious

i havent done this..but ive seen it. girls are just vicious

not asking cheesey questions like this one

it totally depends on what he did. if a guy does something really really stupid. well not stupid..just something bad to me...i wouldnt want to talk to him, eventually i would, but not right away. so basically the first step is to get me to talk to you without being angry. and usually doing cute things work. or just nice things. my boyfriend lied to me about some stuff in his past once while we were in hawaii ON my birthday and i got totally upset and i couldnt talk to him and i ddint plan on it for a while, but he came to our condo with starbucks in hand and was like, "lets talk" and i was totally impressed

8) What do girls really want??? I'm clueless.

respect, honesty, cute things, to know that you're thinking about them all the time

haha pretty much.

10) Why do you ask loaded questions? (questions where no matter what the answer is, you get pissed at us for it)

because guys expect it.

i need a more specific question

and yeah, like the other person said, a lot of those are stereotypes, and although they may apply to some women, they definitely do not apply to women alone.
  • Wow...

Get off your PC and join the social world outside your room. (no offense)
    Just go find out the answers on your own... lifes made for livin.
  • 1) I'm not really a shopping girl.. sometimes I hate doing it. It's not every girl smile.gif

2) nope (unless it's abnormally small lol)

3) intelligence, similar interests, humor, physical attraction

4) I don't think being a girl has anything to do with this

5) It's a way to get what you want to say out, but not have to really get into depth and talk about it (obviously cause other people are there)

6) Make her feel special.

7) An honest to God "I'm sorry" will do it for me. I don't need flowers or candy or anything of that sort.

8) Girls want to find their Prince Charming (though Prince Charming is very different to different people)

9) I only tell my friends stuff that I really need help/advice on

10) It's giving you a chance to try to explain yourself for whatever happened. Even though we already know what we think about the situation.

11) Subtleties are important. They are what make a relationship.
  • QUOTE (anangryfish @ Mar 8 2005, 05:30 PM)
    dear sir,
    i think i said this to you before, but i will say it again:
    these are all stereotypes that do not in the least apply to all girls. and they also don't apply entirely to girls. boys can be illogical in arguments, and a lot of girls don't like to shop.
    i don't get why you're asking these questions and imagining that they apply to everyone with breasts.
    love,
    jessie.

Dear jessie,

I've been anticipating a reply such as yours. In this day and age, where nobody can say anything without some uptight person like you complaining about every little thing that's wrong with it, ie people who can't take a joke, it's hard to entertain the mind and just relax without being "politically correct" and shit about it.

It seems to me that you just need to not take things so seriously, like this thread, for example. In all seriousness, IT'S JUST A JOKE! rolleyes.gif

Now, I'll admit that most of this, I don't necessarily believe to apply to ALL women. I also believe that some of this applies to a few men, too (and I MEAN a few).

Why am i asking these questions? Well, contrary to your belief, these things I ask about are very common, and just believing that it's not doesn't make it so. It still goes on, believe it or not. If it didn't go on, i wouldn't have made this thread in the first place, and if I did anyway, it wouldn't really make any sense, as you believe. Besides, I'm curious about these things, as I've said in the first post here. Now, I know that I probably have stated it like I've never talked to a girl before, like the stereotypical nerd, but that was just me trying to sound smart, which apparently didn't go over so well. biggrin.gif

But seriously, your counter-arguments are weak at best, using only trivial hypotheticals as proof.

In closing, stop nitpicking every little thing and just relax. Geez. dry.gif I didn't really start this thread with a serious mind to begin with.

Love,
    Mo

p.s.
    It's interesting you said "to everyone with breasts" and not "to women" cause there are some men who have breasts, too. Come to think of it, your argument negates itself with this statement because that implies that my "beliefs" also apply to men.
  • QUOTE (CrssEyedNSmilin @ Mar 8 2005, 07:40 PM)
    Wow...

Get off your PC and join the social world outside your room. (no offense)
    Just go find out the answers on your own... lifes made for livin.

*takes a breath*

*stops before he says anything*

this isn't worth it. mellow.gif
  • dear mo,
    as it happens, i am not in the least PC. sexist jokes are my favorite, actually. you say you're joking, but that's not what it seemed like to me. as i say, i'm not a PC sort of person, but i do take offense to real stereotypes because they just multiply and take over the world... like in those goddamn Alien movies. but, whatever. i wasn't trying to make a carefully planned out arguement, but i think that you can see from the replies that, especially on this board, a lot of these questions don't apply. that's all i'm saying.
    and if you're talking about man-boobs, that totally doesn't count unless they can lactate. which i have certainly never heard of.
    i'm not trying to beat you down with a fork or anything, i just wanted to answer your questions and realized that most of them don't apply to me and thought you should realize that we're not even a little bit all alike. ask us about our periods if you want, or about bra shopping or something, but these questions... eh.
    love,
    jessie.