In this Discussion

please tell me the truth

edited November -1 in General Discussion
ok so...

you know how when you like someone

and you don't tell anyone because you don't want it to turn into anything it's not

and like...you always do little things for attention and make up things just so you can talk to them or try to see if they're noticing you or changing ways to get to classes just so you can see them

is it odd that like...i dunno, that you could just totally feel that you would be awesome together?

oh god, lol its already sounding creepy!!

you know...not like...well just sort of like you just know that it would be fun and you'd get along and he should give you a chance or you should just talk to him and how you just know that it would be great.

is that kind of...i don't know. is that creepy? because it totally feels creepy!!!

Comments

• definitely not creepy.
  • haha it just feels creepy, and saying/typing what youre actually thinking makes is seem creepy

you know the whole

we'd be so good together

LOL SEE?! TOTALLY from like...swimfan or fatal attraction or something.
  • haha don't worry, doll. everyone thinks like that when they've got a crush. try not to think of it as being creepy, because it totally isn't.

<3
  • yes, definitely NOT creepy. but i do the same thing, so of course i wouldnt see it as creepy.
    the guy i fell in love with last year, i didnt HAVE to change how i walked because we had our last three classes together, and we made a deal to always wait for each other. and we would have the best conversations. and i never got the confidence to just go and hug him goodbye the ENTIRE year. and every time i would regret it. and it's just like, gah. i could picture myself with him and i dont know. i could just talk to him nonstop and he's the sweetest guy ever. but he's like, one of the stars of the football team and incredibly gorgeous and i had no chance w/ him.
  • that is a huge factor in deciding who you like and who you think is totally hot

the whole "within-your-league" thing

there are like...

NO GUYS in my school who i'd find attractive that were both nice smart and funny AND in my league

if i like them, they're probably really hot and already have a girlfriend and wouldnt even talk to me

and if they like me

then theyre totally smelly and stupid and have pet tarantulas

but i really like this one guy

and i dont think hes that much cooler than i am

lol i might even be cooler than he is...hes just a big old nerd but still

heh i dont know
  • haha well he isnt REALLY out of my league. it's just when it comes to being in a relationship. he goes for the preppy, full of makeup, snobbish girls. but we were really good friends, and then this year, we dont talk as much.
    whenever i tell someone about somebody i like, something goes wrong. and i never learn my lesson. ever ever ever.
    there are tons of hot guys
    but the only people i really like are the ones im friends with first.
  • hhahahah awww u are so cute!!! that is nottt creepy! its just a crush! alll girls do that! especially the changing the way to your classes thing! HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA. i used to do that ALL the time!!!! and its so normal to think you could be so great with someone.

who is this guy????
  • I think girls are weird in that when they kinda first start liking someone, it's totally a like cute schoolgirl butterflies in the stomach crush. And they get giddy and idealistic. But then that phase passes and you either realize that you still really liek them, but in a less obssessive (for lack of a better word) way or you realize it's not gonna happen and maybe you were wrong about thinking you'd be good with them in the first place. Does that make sense? Anybody agree?
  • i TOTALLY 89273897128% agree, julie. my current crush---maybe its a little more than a ""crush" but seriously...when i first started liking him, he owuld PHYSICALLY make my stomach hurt. and not the regular "im nervous" butterflies...like, actual PAIN. whenever he said anything nice to me, my stomach owuld hurt SO bad!!!!! i couldnt even eat!!!! cause my stomach would just eb hurting so bad that nothing could go down. physical reactions to someone's words=always a good sign. hahaha.

i think girls develop strong feelings/attachment much faster than boys.

my stomach has calmed down now though. hahahaha.
  • QUOTE (Goosey @ Mar 8 2005, 02:35 PM)
    i TOTALLY 89273897128% agree, julie. my current crush---maybe its a little more than a ""crush" but seriously...when i first started liking him, he owuld PHYSICALLY make my stomach hurt. and not the regular "im nervous" butterflies...like, actual PAIN. whenever he said anything nice to me, my stomach owuld hurt SO bad!!!!! i couldnt even eat!!!! cause my stomach would just eb hurting so bad that nothing could go down. physical reactions to someone's words=always a good sign. hahaha.

i think girls develop strong feelings/attachment much faster than boys.

my stomach has calmed down now though. hahahaha.

1. it's not creepy, it's cute.

2. aw, crushes are so much fun. i feel like i have to be crushing on someone, even if it's the hot stocker boy at wal mart.

3. i'd agree that girls probably crush easier, and guys will be like "i want to sleep with her" right away, but i'm pretty sure it's a scientific fact that men fall in love faster than women.
  • OMG Amina, so so right. It seems like girls "fall in love" faster than boys, but once boys fall in love they're more likely to stay that way, whereas girls will like suddenly fall out of "love" sometimes.

And i'm pretty sensible about liking people, I get way more freaked out when I think people like me than when I like them. ha ha ha. I don't know why but yeah, i've even had it make me feel sick (like your stomach thing), he he he.
  • my reactuion to someone liking me depends on my situation. when i am committed to somebody, its like...THATS IT. i am loyal like a dog. i am pretty much blind to every other guy. so when someone likes me when im committed, it annoys me. i get REALLY mad when someone likes me while im committed to anothe rguy...i just feel like "Ew. why are you looking at me? dont look at me. and dont feel things for me. only HE is allowed to do those things. you can go die!" hahahahahha. but if i am not committed at that time, im like "oh wow. im so pretty!!!!" HAHHAHAHHAAHAHAH.

and oh my god! are u serious?!?! guys fall in love faster than women?!?!?! woah.
  • 1. holy crap julie...thats the EXACT description

2. that whole, physical pain thing is really true. when i'm within a 5 feet radius of this person, i get nervous stomach cramps and its like...i cant even talk. its like COMPLETE WORD DIARRHEA and its so embarrassing

3. and this guy. is someone. lol i dont know why im so afraid to put this up, i dont know anyone who'd see this. but i dont know. anyhow. he has a name. lol ill post it later once i grow out of my state of paranoia. and hes not a hottie, but i think hes handsome. hes very smart and very tall and ...

actually you know i dont think ive ever seen him smile. i see him walking like, everywhere but he always has the same look on his face. like this: mellow.gif and its so cute. he looks at his feet when he walks. he is on the track team. he is vice president of the math club. he is the only junior in the ap chemistry class. he is 2nd chair bass player...oh!! and hes like, the only person in the school who was able to solve this ridiculous chemistry problem. (that i almost solved...i did something really stupid though. it would have been right if i didnt do something dumb like 10 + 2= 13) and he did this english project last year when we had to re-tell this story in any way.

and he did this absolutely hilarious song that involved the best lyrics ever. and he sang so horribly, but it was SO CUTE.

and i tried to talk to him, but i think he was really scared because he ended up just nodding yes or no or giving me one word answers. but then i think he noticed me after that because i was talking to my friend who he knows and he came up to us and stood there sort of awkwardly trying to think of something to say to me, but then he ended up just talking to my friend about science class and completely excluding me from the conversation.

his name is paul. and he is a junior.

ps: amina, i am just like you, very very loyal to whoever i like and i feel guilty thinking about anyone else.
  • QUOTE (Goosey @ Mar 8 2005, 03:09 PM)
    and oh my god! are u serious?!?! guys fall in love faster than women?!?!?! woah.

it's a true story, so says my human development and family relations book. maybe they're less likely to say it though, but it's true. and in like all of my "relationships" the guy has been the one to want things to be more serious first, they always bring it up and say they like me or whatever.
  • QUOTE (sara with no h @ Mar 8 2005, 07:50 PM)
    actually you know i dont think ive ever seen him smile. i see him walking like, everywhere but he always has the same look on his face. like this:  mellow.gif and its so cute. he looks at his feet when he walks. he is on the track team. he is vice president of the math club. he is the only junior in the ap chemistry class. he is 2nd chair bass player...oh!! and hes like, the only person in the school who was able to solve this ridiculous chemistry problem. (that i almost solved...i did something really stupid though. it would have been right if i didnt do something dumb like 10 + 2= 13) and he did this english project last year when we had to re-tell this story in any way.

he sounds way adorable. aww
  • he is adorable, though

and also though....that is so strange!!

guys getting serious first? i kind of dont really believe it

but if you say so!! haha youd know a lot better than i would

maybe it just sounds odd to me because all of my friends, including myself, consist of good girls who wait for marriage and would like to be married between the ages of 18-25.
  • i feel i should be adding sum kind off huge male imput here on how things are with men etc..

"guys getting serious first? i kind of dont really believe it"

well depends on the guy some are just...."OMG I MUST SLEEP WITH THAT"

where as some(mabey just me) are all...lets be good mates first etc..

i feel this is acctully adding nothing to anything...doh

actully ive no idea on the average age on here...not that that really changes anything...arg im confusing myself

neways you can ask me (the manly man that i am....) Q's and junk and stuff to find stuff out.....like one of those problam pages...but with less sex..
  • lol

your reply did help...trust me, it was not pointless at all

we do understand that nothing in the world can be applied to any group of people..and we're pretty smart about generalizations and things like that

me..i'm young. very young, and this is just a crush...nothing serious at all. heh i just came here for a little advice and stuff.

oh i had another question

for people like amina and stuff

you know how when people ask you what you want to do when youre older and all that stuff? well i always tell them truth about me...i want to go to school, and i want to be a chemist of some sort...and i want to be married before i'm 25 and save myself for marriage and have kids when i'm young.

is it just me...or is the ONLY reaction you get when you say stuff like that "what a waste!" it's very sad...it's just that i know what i want...and i'd like to start a family young...but everyone..including my mom, lol thinks that its a horrible idea and i would be wasting my time, life and brains if i did something like that.

they act like its the worst thing in the world that a young girl just wants to settle down...i dont know. i guess it is old fashioned, but i dont think theres anything wrong with that. dry.gif but pssht. theyre so mean about it.
  • That's not cool Sara! They shouldn't have that reaction. Sounds like your life is going to be pretty awesome. Like yeah you want to be a mom, but you also have career goals. Best of both worlds! I'm like a pretty independent person, and I like being on y own and stuff, so I know for me I still want to wait a while before settling down and maybe having kids, but for some people that's their dream and they find that really fulfilling. Your mind may change someday, true, but like doing what makes you happy is never a waste!
  • exactly!!

my mom is always feeding me the "it doesnt matter to me what you want to do when you grow up, as long as youre happy" stuff. and its really nice of her. and i do believe her, because shes letting my brother do international relations AND dance

but then im like...i want to be a chemist for NASA, she gets so excited, but then i also tell her i want to have kids before im 25...and i want like, at least 3 kids. shes all "dont do that, blah blah blah" i think maybe she just gets sad...she DID have my brother when she was 17.

lol but thats just because she got knocked up...it wasnt part of her plan. but if its something i want to do, it would be totally different.

one of my band directors told me that people who get married young always get screwed and get divorced...and its so lame of him to even say that. not everyone who marries young is like that. i dont know...sometimes i think theyre all right though and that if i do try and go down that road, ill just end up as some fat grumpy old housewife....who will get divorced and then have to get a job and never see her kids.

i don't know. i know i've always been an idealist...but i don't feel like changing that right now. i'm still a teenage girl. we're naturally romantic and unrealistic, right?