In this Discussion

The Killers in Japan

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I saw The Killers shows in Nagoya, Hiroshima and Osaka. Man, they were so fuckin' AMAZING. Yeah, I'm sure that people who have seen their concert know how fun it is. They showed us further more better live than the one at Fuji Rock Festival last summer. They've made a great progress, it was obvious to my eyes and my ears. It seemed that they've got self-confidence in their performance and they know what they should do on stage. Brandon (he's lost much weight, huh?) sang like a Karaoke King and moved like a marionette. Haha, it was hilarious. As for The Killers, brimful of cheapness and cheesiness all turn good. A delicate balance of uncoolness and coolness. I was stunned at them, at the same time, they made me giggle. That's why I love them.

They played all the tracks from HOT FUSS except "Belive Me Natalie" and "Everything Will Be Alright", plus "Indie Rock'n'roll", "Under The Gun" and a very The Killers-ish new song called "Where Is She". Brandon rarely talked on stage, was it usual for him? Well, even if he had spoken much we Japanese could not have got what he said. Ha! When he talked to us, "May I ask a question? *pause* If I had a chance, can I change your mind?" and they started play that song, I was like "Ew, that's sassy" but I liked it anyway tongue.gif.

I did many stupid things to liven up the shows. For example, I made "Kill Me now" t-shirts for each concert. Brandon said he recognized them, I feel flattered that he liked them. And at a show I shouted, "Brandon, you make me hot", he looded so embarrassed and covered his face with his hand. In Osaka I handed him a rose and he said thanks and took it anyway, it didn't work well tho. I guess they're not good at managing unexpected things or they just hate to be interrupted. I felt a bit lame sad.gif. Ah, I asked my friend whether I might throw panties at them, she answered "Please, don't. If you do it, I'll never talk to you again", so I gave up wink.gif. After the show in Osaka, I said to David that it was the best show, and he answered "Oh thank you. You're the best". teehehe.

I saw lots of people from the UK/US in every place, you know. I could not believe The Killers played at such small venues, besides, the tickets were fully available. Particularlly in Hiroshima there were only 90 persons and loooooooot of space. Well, it must have been kinda precious experience for those visitors, Japanese crowd, and The Killers tongue.gif.

Btw, Brandon won the best dressed man of 2004 in the poll of the NME magazine, didn't he? So, it's rather shallow but I cannot help letting you know about their outfits.
In Nagoya - Brandon: black suit, white shirt with black and pink stripe tie, black leather shoes/David: white jacket, Aerosmith (sp?) t-shirt, regular fit faded jeans/Ronnie and Mark: I didn't remember. Maybe Mark put on a black jacket with a pink "Somebody Told Me" patch on the shoulder.
In Hiroshima - Brandon: dark green jacket (really cool), white shirt with black tie under the shirt, same shoes/David: same clothes/Ronnie and Mark: sorry, I didn't remember. haha
In Osaka - Brandon: pinstripe dark gray jacket, lavender shirt with black tie (looked so gorgeous)/David: same clothes/Ronnie: sorry.../Mark: black suit, white shirt with pale pink scarf (the color was pretty but it looked like towel, haha), the familiar black converse

phh, that's all now smile.gif.

Comments

• QUOTE (setsumi @ Mar 10 2005, 12:02 AM)
    And at a show I shouted, "Brandon, you make me hot", he looded so embarrassed and covered his face with his hand. 

hehe...
  • aw, that was a good review! i enjoyed. i'm glad you liked them too, i agree, they do get better each time.. brandon gaining confidence and what not. he usually doesn't talk much on stage though, this is true. hehe. i liked the outfit decriptions too. i'm surprised brandon changed it up so much, he's been sticking to like a black suit the last few times i've seen them.
  • I'm seeing them here on April 17th! Thanks for the review, it made me even more excited to see them biggrin.gif
  • April 12 for me
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ Mar 10 2005, 06:02 AM)
    I saw The Killers shows in Nagoya, Hiroshima and Osaka. Man, they were so fuckin' AMAZING. Yeah, I'm sure that people who have seen their concert know how fun it is. They showed us further more better live than the one at Fuji USS except "Belive Me Natalie" and "Everything Will Be Alright", plus "Indie Rock'n'roll", "Under The Gun" and a very The Killers-ish new song called "Where Is She". Brandon rarely talked on stage, was it usual for him? Well,Rock Festival last summer. They've made a great progress, it was obvious to my eyes and my ears. It seemed that they've got self-confidence in their performance and they know what they should do on stage. Brandon (he's lost much weight, huh?) sang like a Karaoke King and moved like a marionette. Haha, it was hilarious. As for The Killers, brimful of cheapness and cheesiness all turn good. A delicate balance of uncoolness and coolness. I was stunned at them, at the same time, they made me giggle. That's why I love them.

You are so lucky,I missed it,that's so bad,isn't it