Foooov!

That being said, please listen to this Very Important Message:

A special message from TIM:

Real Audio
Windows Media

That's it!

Comments

• Hey hey everybody,

the Ann Arbor show was SUPER MAD AWESOME!!

the set list was amazing, and there was a sweet dance to cinnimon lips at the end, it was one of the better experiences of my life,

yet i can't ignore the ringing in my ears that just won't go away.....
    has anyone had similar situations?

will it go away?

or has OK Go deafened me for LIFE?
  • QUOTE (unkempt_sock @ Mar 20 2005, 11:12 AM)
    Hey hey everybody,

the Ann Arbor show was SUPER MAD AWESOME!!

the set list was amazing, and there was a sweet dance to cinnimon lips at the end, it was one of the better experiences of my life,

yet i can't ignore the ringing in my ears that just won't go away.....
    has anyone had similar situations?

will it go away?

or has OK Go deafened me for LIFE?

I DEFINITELy WOULDNT MIND BEING [partially] DEAFENED bY OK GO! it's be entirely worth it.
    was it your first loud concert? it does go away. DON'T WORRY.
  • Yes, the show in Ann Arbor was indeed awesome. I was right up front, directly in between Damian and Rusty the whole time, so I understand the whole ear-ringing thing! Rusty fits into the band quite nicely, I must say.

I think the most surprising thing about the show, however, were the opening bands - Minor Story and Longwave. They were incredible...especially Longwave. Too bad they don't play around Michigan very often. Did anyone else buy their cd? It's entirely worth it. I'm beginning to think I'm as big a fan of Longwave as I am of Ok Go - and that's saying something.
  • mmmmmm longwave. lots of people on the board like longwave biggrin.gif.
  • ok, now that you guys reminded me, i would truly love to look back and say, "damn, im glad that OK Go deafened me"

it will be a good reminder of how sweet the concert was
  • laugh.gif I got the chance to check out OkGo at their concert in Ann Arbor. Have to say it was a most excellent performance. I'll attmept to post pics, but I am throwing the warning out...I am computer challenged...so we shall see what happnens. Regardless....awesome show guys. I am taking it upon myself to speak for the entire state of Michigan (rather bold...I know)....COME BACK!!!! I need another cool concert to go to.
    Anyone else attned the show at the Blind Pig?
  • By the way...loved the Cinnamon Lips dance performance. Your moves out do any boys bands by far. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (intricatesilver @ Mar 20 2005, 04:15 PM)
    Yes, the show in Ann Arbor was indeed awesome.  I was right up front, directly in between Damian and Rusty the whole time, so I understand the whole ear-ringing thing!  Rusty fits into the band quite nicely, I must say.

I think the most surprising thing about the show, however, were the opening bands - Minor Story and Longwave.  They were incredible...especially Longwave.  Too bad they don't play around Michigan very often.  Did anyone else buy their cd?  It's entirely worth it.  I'm beginning to think I'm as big a fan of Longwave as I am of Ok Go - and that's saying something.

Longwave was an awesome band. I am listening to cd as I type. OK Go is still at the top of my list by far, but they were worth buying the cd. ...........
    and the ringing does go away.
  • TIM - I brought you a wig last time!
    #10 OK Go show for me and first band that I've seen in double digits...only took me about 2.5 years.

OK Go Setlist (Blind Pig, Ann Arbor, 3/18/05)
    Bye Bye Baby
    Good Idea
    No Sign
    There's A Fire
    Don't Ask Me
    Let It Rain
    Here It
    Get Over It
    Crash The Party
    TV
    Return
    Les Mis*
    The Fix Is In
    Oh No
    Invinceable
    You're So Damn Hot
    Do What You Want
    ENCORE: Choreographed boy-band dance to C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips!**

*Les Mis wasn't written on the setlist, but Damian and Tim performed the skit while Andy changed Damian's guitar string...And then he fetched them some cofffee, jk!
    **The encore was not written down either and was a TOTAL surprise to me! I couldn't help shrieking like a little girl and twice! I have been waiting to see the dance live, but didn't expect it with a new band member. I wish I hadn't run low on film by then, cuz that was definitely the highest highlight of the show!

Other highlights/notes:
    +The interview and sound check before the show was an honor.
    +I do miss the shows with Andy Duncan and Burleigh D., but "bare bones" 4-piece OK Go with new Andy Rusty rocks quite well. (Their new songs are more rock-ish.)
    +I noticed Andy kept signaling to turn his vocal mic up, but I think he sounded fine and does fit rather nicely into the band.
    +I love when some guy in the crowd shouts remarks to the band, like "your pants are tight!" as one had cared to inform Damian that night.
    +Dan was literally smoking during his drum solo.

Opening bands : Minus Story and Longwave.
    Minus Story - an ok 5-peice band, with lead singer on keyboards. I wasn't that impressed with his vocals, but the crowd was decently receptive.
    Longwave - so second time I see them and they are a lovely 5-piece band with former Sea Ray's keyboardist! Pleasant surprise. I liked their show so much better this time around. Such nice guys too. I'm an official fan now.

Some of my photos may be posted later.
  • its thursday..... ears still ringing....

begining to give up hope......
  • QUOTE (unkempt_sock @ Mar 24 2005, 12:31 PM)
    its thursday..... ears still ringing....

begining to give up hope......

Perhaps you should get that looked at...
  • QUOTE (intricatesilver @ Mar 24 2005, 03:06 PM)
    Perhaps you should get that looked at...

agreed sad.gif
  • *bump* I was gonna write my review in a new post, but then I noticed that my initial post was #10 and decided to edit it into that. what a cool co-inkidink.

but unkempt_sock, that sounds like it might be a problem. do you not go to rock shows often? i remember when i first started going to shows, it took at least a couple days to recover from ringing and deafness. now i have to be smack in SUPER loud, blaring speakers, to experience overnight ringing and short-term deafness...but maybe that's a bad thing for me healthwise. and earplugs are a good thing. your ears will thank you for it. i hope your ears will be okay!
  • I'd have to second getting your ears checked. I stood pretty much directly in front of the speakers at two OK Go concerts in a row (Toledo and Napoleon) and my ears were fine right afterwards.

You have to have good hearing to enjoy OK Go in the future!
  • ok kids, heres the story

my ears were ringing from the 18th since now

today i went to the doctor and SHE said that i have strep AND an EAR INFECTION!

hopefully that is the culprit

i have to take 2 fucking HUGE horse pills a day for ten days.... i think things will be lookin up for me then.

but thanks for all the support you guys... forum goons like us are nice people

rock on
  • Yeah and ear plugs are definitely your friends at shows--unless you want to be deaf by the time you're 25.'

I hope you feel better, strep suuucks (as do ear infections).
  • Shades, thanks for sharing the nice review. It made me giggle for some reason and the "Your pants are tight" thing cracked me up.

QUOTE (shades of blue @ Mar 22 2005, 02:24 AM)
    +I do miss the shows with Andy Duncan and Burleigh D., but "bare bones" 4-piece OK Go with new Andy Rusty rocks quite well.  (Their new songs are more rock-ish.)

More rock-ish?!?! Ahhh, I can't wait to hear new songs!

*Les Mis wasn't written on the setlist, but Damian and Tim performed the skit while Andy changed Damian's guitar string...And then he fetched them some cofffee, jk!

Damian cannot change strings by himself?? tongue.gif
  • Thank you, setsumi. I'm glad my review made you giggle. wink.gif

but you know what i just realized? that i suck even more, cuz i'd forgotten that damian spells his name with a second "a" and not with an "e" like someone else i know! and i used to spell that Damian's name wrong all the time...

....well, damian cannot change his guitar string while he is performing Les Mis for us. i thought it a bit amusing that Andy was changing it for him like a good doggy...also, i thought it almost funny that he kept having to signal to turn his vocal mic up, like maybe someone didn't want him to be heard that much...and maybe i should keep my silly thoughts to myself?! unsure.gif

OK Go was great. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (unkempt_sock @ Mar 27 2005, 06:32 PM)
    today i went to the doctor and SHE said that i have strep AND an EAR INFECTION!

I hope you feel better soon!!!
  • its official, IM FUCKED

all the ear infection medicine is gone.... ringing remains

ill never hear AGAIN...... god damn it, im pissed