In this Discussion

3.23.05 Pittsburgh Show

edited November -1 in OK Go
Go.

Comments

• The OK Go show last night was honestly one of the best experiences of my life.

It was probably the smallest venue ive ever seen, but the crowd was better that most of the recent shows ive been to.

First a local band My Sexiest Mistake played, and they were great. They had a girl singer and they pointed me out and told me that they loved me.

Then a band From Georgia called We Versus The Shark Came on, and we were already amazed by the frist band, these guys just blew us away. They were extermely talented.

Then The Sun finally got there and played some great music. It was a mix of Weezer and The Killers and Minus the Bear, They had a few violent lyrics but they were still pretty good.

OK Go came around and while Tim was tuning his bass, We gave him what he wanted in his audio blog... free form origami.

the set list was as follows...

bye bye baby
    good idea (new)
    no sign (new)
    theres a fire
    dont ask me
    L.I.R. (new)
    here it... (new)
    get over it
    crash (new)
    T.V. (new)
    the fix is in
    oh no (new, title of the new cd as well)
    invincible (new)
    youre so damn hot
    D.W.Y.W (new)

C-C-C- Cinnamon Lips dance

also somewhere up in the beginning, Damian broke a string, and while Andy fixed it, Tim and Damian did a number from Le Miserables... or something.

They were great live, Andy did a good job being new too. I was waiting for Return (i got the set list, and they wrote it down, but they scratched it off) but in Pittsburgh, we have crappy venues, and there wasnt enough channels on the PA to play Return.

After the show we got to meet them, and Damian actually wrote outhow to play Return for me, so i can jam around with my acoustic.

This was one of the best experiences of my life. I love OK Go Forever.

derek
  • oh man that was awesome of damian to write it out.
  • Everglow, i remeber when the girl in My Sexiest Mistake said that, that was so awesome. I was really impressed by the opening bands, usually the ones I end up see ing are really bad. Except I was kind of afraid of the guy in the second band who looked like Bob Villa with the tamborine...
    Could that have been the smallest stage in the world? seriouly, I think the only think lighting them were 5 light and 2 of them were flood. I talked to Damian after the show and he said that it was hard to find a venue in Pittsburgh, which kind of suprised me. They said they'd find a better one when they come back after OH No is relaesed.
    I couldn't believe how cool OkGo was. I liked OkGo before hand but now I love them. I don't think I ever seen a band take the time to meet their fans. I even had a nice chat with Damian about 60's rock because I told him he looked like Jim Morrison(from the Doors). It was so awesome, he even gave me the title of a cd he's been listening to (Which by the way Damian, you can keep your 16.50, it's awesome). I had a great time and if they happen to spot by your town, you should really check them out.
  • When I went to see OK Go in Pittsburgh, I was fully expecting NOT to have a good time because I was going by myself. But that was the best night of my life, hands down. PS- The opening bands really surprised me. I didn't think they would be that great, but I was completely wrong.

Once OK Go came on, I was in the front row, right in front of where Rusty was playing. I was blown away by how well they all played. They sounded really polished and they looked as though they were having a really good time. The new songs sounded really awesome. Now I'm reeeeally excited for their new CD. The dance to C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips was the best thing I have ever seen. Amazing.

After the show, I managed to get Rusty's set list and ask everyone to sign it. Though I didn't get to talk to the band for very long because I was in a rush, they seemed very nice.

All in all, they were sooo awesome. I'm really excited because I'm going down to DC (my hometown) and I'm going to get to see them live again. If any of you get the chance, you MUST see them.
  • Wow...thanks for sharing your lovely experiences and glad you all had a good time!

QUOTE (_the_everglow_ @ Mar 24 2005, 10:54 AM)
    This was one of the best experiences of my life. I love OK Go Forever.

derek
    Awwwwwww!
    I was in the front row, right in front of where Rusty was playing.

I think I was right behind you, sveici. Have fun in DC you lucky girl
  • QUOTE (ItalianAmiche @ Mar 27 2005, 04:55 PM)
    I think I was right behind you, sveici.  Have fun in DC you lucky girl

I'm not sure if you were with this group of girls, but when Damian was talking in between songs he was like "We haven't played in Pittsburgh in 2 or 3 years because there aren't many good places to play anymore" and some girl behind me yelled "YOU CAN PLAY AT MY HOUSE" hahhah that was so funny.
  • I thought the show was really great. I wasn't too excited about the area that ModernFormations was in, but I was glad that they found a place to play.
    I got there around 8, so I missed My Sexiest Mistake. I thought Me versus The Sharks were really good and I was happy to see The Sun play. OK Go definitely blew me away. I've been in love with their music from the first time I heard them (I believe I saw their music video for Get over it on OnDemand a little over a year ago). I was pretty close the the stage, there was maybe two people in front of me. I wasn't too thrilled about having to be shoved every two minutes for people to pass me to get onto stage though. I was in a really tight space... but I still enjoyed the show (and danced). During one of the last songs I went out of the crowd to buy a shirt, so I had to watch the dance number from the back. Afterwards, I did get to talk to Damian for a bit and give him a hug smile.gif . I really hope they'll come back again soon. I'd love to see them play again.
  • QUOTE (_the_everglow_ @ Mar 24 2005, 03:54 PM)
    also somewhere up in the beginning, Damian broke a string, and while Andy fixed it, Tim and Damian did a number from Le Miserables... or something.

Hey, do you guys notice the scheme? I mean, Damian's breaking strings and Rusty changing them for Damian are written on the show script. Also, Damian's tearing his pants from the crotch is another strategy for liven up their concert wink.gif .
    Anyhow, I'm dying to see OK Go live sad.gif .
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ Apr 1 2005, 01:15 PM)
    Anyhow, I'm dying to see OK Go live sad.gif .

So do I.

I had no chance of seeing to them because I live in Korea.
    Poor me! Is not awful?? i-i