In this Discussion

You Rock, Dan!

edited November -1 in OK Go
I just felt like it was about time that someone posted a thread about everyone's favorite drummer, Dan Konopka.

His drum solos are wicked awesome! How can you not love him?!?

Comments

• Seriously! I thought his drum solo was the greatest. I loved that he played on the drums, the equipment, his seat, the wall behind him. So inventive. Oh Dan...you're silly! I would've enjoyed a drum stick throw though. Just think about it man. Just an idea. I still love him without it:)

My old pediatrician was Dr. Konopka...cool huh? Yeah, I think it is. lol. She was hardcore Polish. It was awesome.
  • ha ha, yay for Dan!

COWBELL SOLO!

Wow, there are other Konopkas in the world. lol.
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Apr 27 2005, 04:54 AM)
    Wow, there are other Konopkas in the world. lol.

There may be other Konopkas, but I know which one I like best! laugh.gif
  • I think my brain is wired to this forum.

Last night (around the time this was posted) I had a dream about how everyone was swarming Dan telling him how amazing and underappreciated he is, at a gig. Weird.
  • Awww! I'm thinking it's almost mandatory that that actually happen:) Dan totally deserves all that love.
  • Remember my "Nordwind for Mayor" shirt I was going to make? Well, maybe I'll have to make a separate one of each of the guys. But since this is the Dan love thread...

(it won't let me put it up as a picture??)
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/swee...431/danlove.bmp

biggrin.gif tongue.gif
  • Genius! Pure genius, I say! Haha...love the lyrics biggrin.gif

I'm all in favor of you going all creative and making one for each of the guys. lol. I think that would be fabulous cool.gif
  • Um, yes ... if only words could explain my loooooooove of Dan Konopka. Although, I feel the pic below does a good job of trying ... yes, look at it in all it's glory. (AND YES ... Dan Konopka himself has touched that glorious sign that proclaims my undying love ... )

• I love it... awesome... I think we all heart dan.. and those who don't are in the closet about it...
  • I don't know how you couldn't heart Dan...he's probably the most fantastic Dan Konopka ever!
  • This thread is making me so happy! Everyone showing so much appreciation for Dan the Man!
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Apr 27 2005, 09:55 PM)
    I don't know how you couldn't heart Dan...he's probably the most fantastic Dan Konopka ever!

Yeah I think that's a safe assumption...
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Apr 27 2005, 09:57 PM)
    This thread is making me so happy! Everyone showing so much appreciation for Dan the Man!

Yes if he only knew.... someone who's goin to a show soon tell him about our appreciationness
  • Don't worry, Clem.. err.. Carin and I will be at the Montreal show, I'll be sure to tell him about it!

Maybe I'll actually have to make that Dan shirt and wear it.
  • Haha! Pam I might have to enlist you to make me one as well, if you make yourself one. lol. We'll be the "Dan The Man" squad!

We must wear shirts underneath though...I fear the Dan love might hinder our other plans...lol laugh.gif
  • Good point. We'll only wear them when we are around Dan. Maybe I'll just have to make one of each of the guys, and we can keep tearing them off as we get to each guy. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Apr 27 2005, 10:03 PM)
    Haha! Pam I might have to enlist you to make me one as well, if you make yourself one. lol. We'll be the "Dan The Man" squad!

We must wear shirts underneath though...I fear the Dan love might hinder our other plans...lol laugh.gif

you should totally do that...I MISS DAMIAN he was so cute... make sure to report all the details of the show so I can live vicariously through you while in my second period free...
  • laugh.gif You know what, I like that idea. lol. Ooh! We could get them to sign them. Now that would be crazy.

Ok, I'm done thinking about thise tongue.gif

No worries Sally, I'm quite sure Pam and I will report back with a minute by minute, step by step report(I couldn't think of a better word....damn me) of what happened:)
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Apr 27 2005, 10:12 PM)
    laugh.gif You know what, I like that idea. lol. Ooh! We could get them to sign them. Now that would be crazy.

Ok, I'm done thinking about thise tongue.gif

No worries Sally, I'm quite sure Pam and I will report back with a minute by minute, step by step report(I couldn't think of a better word....damn me) of what happened:)

you could have said "blow by blow"... but that would've been wierd....

but thanks...you guys are awesome
  • Yeah, it would've....hence why I didn't:)