In this Discussion

6.10 - 6.12.05 California Shows

edited November -1 in OK Go

Comments

• Best Show Ever biggrin.gif
  • Saw you guys with the chiefs tonight for the first time, i was stuck in traffic on the way there so i only got to saw about half of the set but HOLY SHIT you guys immediately caught my attention and i'm an instant fan! awesome dance at the end....and i love the mod(best way to describe it? no offense) outfits =) keep it up guys!
  • i'm moving to socal in september. ok go better have tons of shows while i'm out there.
  • and maybe we can go see them!
  • it was a great show. okgo did wonderfully, and once they were done i heard a lot of exclamations of "i loved them" from those around me. the new songs were all quite good, and i absolutely loved the new dance. a really good job boys. the second act was horrible. jason faulkner or whatnot? really boring, long set. i hated that band by the end of it. kaiser chiefs were wonderful. i'd never heard their music before, but i really enjoyed the energy level of their set and how much fun they were. and the soap at the end was cool. a really good show, minus the jason faulkner. perhaps i'll post some pictures later.
  • First time poster here - just thought I'd come to show my support for this lovely band.

I've had OK Go's album for quite a while and thought it was fab, but never got into them much as a band, although I don't know why. So, last night was my first time seeing them perform live - and they were brilliant. The new dance at the end probably won them over more new fans than they'd expect, and their overall performance was fantastic. Jason Faulkner (the second support band) were absolutely awful in comparison.

And for those that want to know: Kaiser Chiefs are tops. This wasn't the first time I've seen them live, and they pulled it off once again. Ricky is amazing and, thankfully, the crowd thought so as well. Not sure what their reception would have been in the States. I would've been happy if it was just an OK Go/KC show.
  • Im so sorry you all didnt like Jason Falkner sad.gif I woulda KILLED to see Ok GO and Jason on the same bill, my two favorite musical acts... hence the nick "Falknerd" Im sure it was wonderful smile.gif
  • i liked him the first time i saw him open for travis...while he didn't have a band, his band was an ipod....
  • i missed the galaxy show and i went to the avalon and i got there too late and missed okgo.... i want so bad to goto san diego and see them tonight, but i'm not 21 and i'm afraid that i will get my fake taken away, since sd is so strict.

i'm so jealous of all of you who got to see them... hopefully they will be back soon

but as for faulkner and the kaiser chiefs at avalon... faulkner was kind of boring, but his album is really great. the kaiser chiefs were amazing live, i saw them a little while back at the troubadour, but they were 10 times better this time
  • Hate to sound picky... but its FALKNER tongue.gif no 'u' in the name tongue.gif Had to put that out there, I saw the time he opened for Travis as well, it was GREAT, perhaps hes better off opening for someone a little more low-key, rather than following a hyper rock band, I can see where people may have been put off a tad if they hadnt heard his music before, but trust me, hes a GENIUS smile.gif
  • Great show in San Diego 6/12. I was there to see Kaiser Chiefs, having never heard of OK Go, but they won me over with their infectious energy and, of course, their music. Still, I wouldn't have bought their CD and signed up for their emal list if it hadn't been for the Kaiser Chiefs tribute dance at the end. Now I'm a die-hard fan.
  • QUOTE (Sedes @ Jun 13 2005, 09:49 PM)
    Great show in San Diego 6/12.  I was there to see Kaiser Chiefs, having never heard of OK Go, but they won me over with their infectious energy and, of course, their music.  Still, I wouldn't have bought their CD and signed up for their emal list if it hadn't been for the Kaiser Chiefs tribute dance at the end.  Now I'm a die-hard fan.

Kaiser Chiefs tribute dance? Do tell!
  • QUOTE (Leeds @ Jun 14 2005, 12:42 AM)
    Kaiser Chiefs tribute dance? Do tell!

After their set OK Go announced that since it was their last night sharing
    the bill with Kaiser Chiefs they had something special planned for the boys
    from Leeds. The stage was cleared and OK Go stood in formation, sans
    instruments. What followed was a meticulously choreographed, complex dance, including slo-mo Matrix-like fight scenes, simulated synchronized swimming, and much, much more. It's really impossible to describe; you had to be there. It was funny but they were actually quite good, especially the bass player.
  • QUOTE (Sedes @ Jun 14 2005, 06:54 PM)
    After their set OK Go announced that since it was their last night sharing
    the bill with Kaiser Chiefs they had something special planned for the boys
    from Leeds.  The stage was cleared and OK Go stood in formation, sans
    instruments.  What followed was a meticulously choreographed, complex dance, including slo-mo Matrix-like fight scenes, simulated synchronized swimming, and much, much more.  It's really impossible to describe; you had to be there.  It was funny but they were actually quite good, especially the bass player.

Oh, they do that at every show... It's what they're known for. But I personally thought Damian (the lead singer) was the best. ;D
  • THE Jason Falkner from Jellyfish? If so, wow. I'm glad you guys had a great time at the OK Go show, at the same time, ahhhhh I'm so jealous of you guys.
    Tim (the bass player) is the best, btw laugh.gif
  • Yup, THE Jason Falkner from Jellyfish smile.gif
  • I went to the San Diego show. My God, that dance is amaaaaaazing! biggrin.gif
    I'm really at a loss for words to describe the experience. It was just... THAT good.