In this Discussion

Other than Ok go

Comments

• You all know my favorite band is Feeder. They have too many different styles-- My favorite song of theirs is 'Feel It Again', but that might be hard to find as it's a bside. If you can't find that, the most popluar song of theirs is probably "Just A Day", if you like the more poppy alternative fun stuff, or maybe "shatter" or "pilgrim soul". and for the slower songs, "Just The Way I'm Feeling" and "Comfort In Sound".

I also really really love Steve Burns (the guy who used to be Steve on Blues Clues, you know.). "Superstrings" or "Troposphere" or "Mighty Little Man". Or any of them, they're all brilliant.

Oh. and Hell Is for Heroes. Kamichi being my favorite song from them.
  • we are looking for blues clues, we are looking for blues clues..... biggrin.gif
  • WHEATUS - songs "Sunshine" and "The Song That I Wrote When You Dissed Me"

I also love Ben Folds - song "Annie Waits"
    Gabe Dixon Band - song "Expiration Date"
    Muse - song "Hysteria"
    Ryan Adams - song "Political Scientists"

smile.gif

P.S. Wheatus has a new album coming out very soon, so check them out: www.wheatus.com
  • its close

radiohead...or the faint
  • QUOTE (unknown @ Jun 8 2005, 11:40 AM)
    we are looking for blues clues, we are looking for blues clues..... biggrin.gif

Because I'm really smart! *gets her handy dandy notebook... and has no shame. biggrin.gif*

The new guy that replaced him just brought such horrible things into the show. I mean, wtf, blue TALKS now. I mean, a human voice. The dog speaks english. WAY TO RUIN THE SHOW NEW GUY WHO ISNT STEVE.

But yes. Back on topic. Steve's album, songs for dustmites... I got that on a whim, and had no idea what to expect. I still can't describe it to this day. It's very... atmospheric. There's a definate mood to the album, and I can't describe it. It makes me very happy, and calm. People didn't know what to expect from 'the blues clues guy'. And so many people dismissed it without hearing it. He left blues clues to work on this album, and I'm so glad he did, because it's just... definately one of my favorite cds.

I'll also mention um... um... Oh, I'd really like to plug Sandstone Veterans but their website is down so there's no way to hear their tracks or buy their cd. Shame. They're very awesome.

Oh. Snow Patrol. Are we all snow patrol fans yet? I know they had a little buzz here for awhile. Lots of good songs, but "Run", "How To Be Dead", "Spitting Games" and "Chocolate" are the four top on audioscrobbler. I recommend Chocolate.
  • THE VELVET TEEN
    and billy talent.
  • My favorite band is Oasis!!! The new album is awesome, I might see them in Atlanta, life cannot be any better....oh yea unless i had a boyfriend.
  • I feel bad for whoever said My Chemical Romance. They're absolutely horrid live. Ickkk.

However Wheatus is awesome. I haven't seen them live yet, though. Eve 6 was great live.

My favorite band is Green Day and my favorite song by them is the Judge's Daughter. However, Insomniac is easily their best album.

I'm a punk kid, so if I'm recommending stuff it's gonna be bands like H2O, Millencolin, Rise Against, Bad Religion, and such.

Also, I'd advise you to check out At the Drive In and Name Taken because they're great. And Park, too!

Damn.
  • Um...
    The Killers- Indie Rock and Roll
    The Bravery- Tyrant
    Bloc Party -banquet
    Bright Eyes- First day of my life
    Kaiser Chiefs- I predict a Riot
    Hot Hot Heat- Bandages
    Tegan and Sara - Speak Slow
    And some other people smile.gif
  • hmmmm

the futureheads, kaiser cheifs, bloc party, hot hot heat... i can't think straight. oh, the libertines, the strokes and the hives.
  • QUOTE (jezebelseven @ Jun 9 2005, 02:17 AM)
    Oh. Snow Patrol. Are we all snow patrol fans yet? I know they had a little buzz here for awhile. Lots of good songs, but "Run", "How To Be Dead", "Spitting Games" and "Chocolate" are the four top on audioscrobbler. I recommend Chocolate.

I'm a HUGE Snow Patrol fan!! I just saw them a few weeks ago in Atlanta!! Their opening band, Athlete, was amazing too....check them out if you like SP.

I saw Tegan & Sara at the Midtown festival this weekend.....they are awesome. Their songs are so serious and heartfelt, but they were total goofballs inbetween songs....love them!!

Kujoisbetterthanyou.....please come to the Wheatus board and introduce yourself....their new CD will be out very soon!

smile.gif
  • QUOTE (bertie @ Jun 14 2005, 05:51 PM)
    I saw Tegan & Sara at the Midtown festival this weekend.....they are awesome.  Their songs are so serious and heartfelt, but they were total goofballs inbetween songs....love them!!

ahh
    i heart tegan and sara. they are absolutely amazing. and theyre getting lots of exposure lately.
  • QUOTE (bertie @ Jun 14 2005, 06:51 PM)
    I'm a HUGE Snow Patrol fan!!  I just saw them a few weeks ago in Atlanta!!  Their opening band, Athlete, was amazing too....check them out if you like SP.

I saw Tegan & Sara at the Midtown festival this weekend.....they are awesome.  Their songs are so serious and heartfelt, but they were total goofballs inbetween songs....love them!!

smile.gif

I enjoy Snow Patrol a lot as well. I saw them twice (Dallas and Chicago) during their recent tour. Good stuff. Gary Lightbody (lead singer) is really funny and chatty during their shows, although I think his accent is pretty thick, so I only understand 2/3 of what he says. And he could use a haircut, maybe. And I agree that Athlete was amazing as well. They were really really good when they opened for SP in Chicago.

I keep hearing good things about Tegan and Sara, so I will have to check them out.
  • urm..hard to pick one song for each, but il try and pick my fav of each:

foo fighters - my hero
    biffy clyro - joy.discovery.invention
    radiohead - my iron lung
    muse - showbiz live
    arctic monkeys - bet she looks good on the dance floor
    mc lars - signing emo
    one last reason - go hide
  • QUOTE (bertie @ Jun 14 2005, 07:51 PM)
    I'm a HUGE Snow Patrol fan!!  I just saw them a few weeks ago in Atlanta!!  Their opening band, Athlete, was amazing too....check them out if you like SP.

I'm not allowed to like Athlete because they beat out feeder in the charts and they're a new band(compared to feeder at least) :X

I'm sad that Snow Patrol seems to keep skipping anywhere in my driving area. Same with Bloc Party. Kasabian's coming, though, so that's something.
  • argh, I don't like it when people refer to Snow Patrol as SP because it makes me think Smashing Pumpkins an;d then I get sad when they're not talking about them.

So uh... no specific songs.

The Smashing Pumpkins
    Abandoned Pools - their new EP just came out and they're back on my favorites list!
    Muse
    Kill Hannah
    MCR

thats all I'm thinking of right now
  • Oooh yay for my first post.

Other than...

The White Stripes- Black Jack Davey
  • QUOTE (Leikela4 @ Jun 15 2005, 01:50 PM)
    argh, I don't like it when people refer to Snow Patrol as SP because it makes me think Smashing Pumpkins an;d then I get sad when they're not talking about them. 

That was what I kept reading it as and then I realized it was my mention of Snow Patrol that started it. :X
  • The killers-Andy your a star
    Journey-dont stop believen
    oasis-new album