In this Discussion

flat cookie....

edited November -1 in General Discussion
this has never happend to me but lately it has.every batch of cookies i make ,i follow the directions exactly,perfect mesurements,right ingreedients.but when i take them out to cool they flatten.MY FRIGGIN COOKIES FLATTEN.they never get hard.there still soft always but i dont know what im doing wrong.

is there any one with baking skills that would care to help me and my pathedic cookie problem? mellow.gif

Comments

• QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Aug 28 2005, 02:31 PM)
    this has never happend to me but lately it has.every batch of cookies i make ,i follow the directions exactly,perfect mesurements,right ingreedients.but when i take them out to cool they flatten.MY FRIGGIN COOKIES FLATTEN.they never get hard.there still soft always but i dont know what im doing wrong.

is there any one with baking skills that would care to help me and my pathedic cookie problem?  mellow.gif
    i don't bake much (or ever really), but are you cooking them long enough? you say they stay soft...mmmm, soft-batch cookies...
    what, what was i saying earlier? huh.gif
  • i cook them exactly as the book says...
  • i don't have an oven, therefore am incapable of baking cookies... but i sure like eating them...
  • thats weird u dont have a oven..
    my cookies are makin me sad....
  • Hmm Maybe add a little bit more of baking soda? I havent baked any cookies in ages!You should try adding little of each thing instead of following the exact ingrediants?
  • well they taste good my way..there just flat..
  • I like moist (and flat) cookies. Please send me some.
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Aug 28 2005, 06:57 PM)
    well they taste good my way..there just flat..

I'll take the cookies too, as long as theyre soft, flatness matters not smile.gif
  • AGHHH! I love cookies! They're my favorite, I'd take cookies over candy and chocolate anyday! hmmm...it could possibly be the weather outside affecting how they rise and falter. Is it humid or rainy?
  • hehe im glad u all like cookies but i dont want myne to be flat...*tummy grumbles**
  • I want some cookies.
  • I hate when my cookies go flat! It's almost as bad as when bread goes flat. Has that ever happened to anyone? Yeah, it hasn't happened to me either, but I can pretend that it has. And I've heard that it sucks when it does happen.

Comments, anyone?