In this Discussion

Franz Ferdinand

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Has anyone seen the new video or the heard the new single. damn i love it, its so damn catchy. makes me wanna dance. lol! i love the new video, cause i have the biggest crush on alex kapranos (especially when he had eyeliner going on). haha i know i have weird taste, but i just love guys from the UK biggrin.gif

Comments

• Haha yes, I love the new song. We listened to it on the plane ride back from Kansas City. I heard they have the video out, but I haven't seen it yet, I probably should get on that.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 4 2005, 10:02 PM)
    Haha yes, I love the new song. We listened to it on the plane ride back from Kansas City. I heard they have the video out, but I haven't seen it yet, I probably should get on that.

yah i saw the video on mtv2.com
  • I love the new song as well. I haven't been the hugest fan of Franz in the past, but I think that "Take Me Out" is genius. And "Do You Want To" could not be more catchy. I like listening to it in the morning, right before I get to work, because it puts me in a good mood. The best days are when there is nobody else in the elevator with me, so I can dance my little heart out all the way up to the 17th floor. tongue.gif
  • Ok, I just caught the video, and wow, very.. interesting! I have to admit that before they start performing at the end, when they took their places, I thought they were going to start dancing! (look what OK Go has done to me, now I expect bands to perform dance routines in their videos)
  • Curse Franz Ferdinand and their infectious melodies! I like the video but he does look like dennis the menace a bit.
  • hehe i love franz ferdinand.i have there last cd.r they comin out with a new one???i think its a little soon.i dont have any money
  • i love the franz...but ive hardly heard this new song at all =(

i feel ive been under a big rock...in a cave....
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Sep 5 2005, 04:57 AM)
    Has anyone seen the new video or the heard the new single. damn i love it, its so damn catchy.  makes me wanna dance. lol!  i love the new video, cause i have the biggest crush on alex kapranos (especially when he had eyeliner going on). haha i know i have weird taste, but i just love guys from the UK  biggrin.gif

oh dear. how can you like him. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! He's such a scottish ginger hahaha

not that theres anything wrong with the two afore mentioned things, its just HIM.....

so at work today i saw a little bit of red eye and cillian murphy was geting stabbed and i nearly cried HAHA. he's so pretty. i don't care if he's the evil one. he shouldn't die!!!!!!

EDIT: Iused to love franz ferdinand. now they bore the hell out of me, they're so samey and it makes me sort of angry/annoyed and yea, don't get me wrong, they're good live, they just bore me now.
  • ive heard like 30 seconds of it. which i liked. but i wanna hear more
    i think their cd is good, but i cant listen to it anymore. its too the same. i still like them though.
  • I like the new single and the new video. It made me laugh. I am so mad though because they are coming to Chicago and I have to go to this stupid college night at my school the same night. Stupid Loyola *shakes fist angrily* Not cool. They will come back to Chicago though, right? I mean...it's a big city, right? I will just keep thinking that. unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Sep 5 2005, 04:53 PM)
    oh dear. how can you like him. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! He's such a scottish ginger hahaha

not that theres anything wrong with the two afore mentioned things, its just HIM.....

so at work today i saw a little bit of red eye and cillian murphy was geting stabbed and i nearly cried HAHA. he's so pretty. i don't care if he's the evil one. he shouldn't die!!!!!!

EDIT: Iused to love franz ferdinand. now they bore the hell out of me, they're so samey and it makes me sort of angry/annoyed and yea, don't get me wrong, they're good live, they just bore me now.

haha i know when i saw him get stabbed i wanted to scream. i felt like saying cillian let me nurse you back to help. lol damn cillian is just so fine.

GirlInTheDark i believe the album comes out in oct.
  • Right! This'll work!

So as I was rambling ...

Met Nick and Bob too, but didn't really get a chance to talk at all like with Alex. Nick was really nice but seemed realllly baked (and my pic with him definitely shows it, lol), and Bob was really nice, too. I told him he was great that night and he said, "Oh, cheers," all genuine. smile.gif He didn't stay out there long at all--I almost didn't even see he'd arrived among the milling people. He apparently had gone to sleep but so many fans were asking for him someone went and got him. What a guy. Paul didn't come out, at least not as long as we were there. Esther was there with him, though--we saw them watching the Cribs from the balcony. smile.gif

w/Nick
    w/Bob
    hee
    Alex lying on stage
    live Nick
    Paul on guitar

And some from September, where we managed to get in the FRONT ROW--my first time ever ever in the very very front at a show. I was sooo happy. Btw, I didn't have a digital camera yet (didn't for the more recent show either)--that's why some of these are grainy from blowing up and cropping later.
    Alex rock star pose
    Alex
    Nick
    Bob
    Paul
    a bunch

Btw, I hope none of this sounds like bragging--I don't mean it that way. I'm still astounded that any of this even happened.

P.S. My mention of Katy having an Alex-meeting story too--she's jedi_grrlie, if you haven't connected the dots.
  • How did you manage to get good spots? Wow, you're so lucky! I was about to go to this Franz (Kaiser Chiefs)+ others gig back in June. When I learned that the gig was 20 minutes away from my home, I quickly look for tickets. But alas, they were sold out. I was this close to going to that gig. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Bob looks adorable as always, but Nick looks a tad smashed.

And here's a Bob-pic to accompany my post. Hehe

• QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 2 2006, 07:42 PM)
    Right! This'll work!

Met Nick and Bob too, but didn't really get a chance to talk at all like with Alex. Nick was really nice but seemed realllly baked (and my pic with him definitely shows it, lol), and Bob was really nice, too. I told him he was great that night and he said, "Oh, cheers," all genuine. smile.gif He didn't stay out there long at all--I almost didn't even see he'd arrived among the milling people. He apparently had gone to sleep but so many fans were asking for him someone went and got him. What a guy. Paul didn't come out, at least not as long as we were there. Esther was there with him, though--we saw them watching the Cribs from the balcony. smile.gif

w/Nick
    w/Bob

hee... Bob's so cute in that pic.

he's my favorite. I'm not a huge fan of Franz, but I do like them.

you're very very lucky, sheri!
  • We went there early and sat around in line. Doors opened at 7:00, I believe, and we got there about 2:00. There were about 10-15 people ahead of us in line. We did the same thing in April although we went somewhere to eat and didn't get in line till about 3 maybe (?). My goal was to try to get right in front again, but it was not to be. There were a lot more people there lined up early this time. However, we were still like, five rows back maybe, so it was still excellent and again, I'm not complaining.

That really really bites. Talk about twisting the knife--only 2o min. away! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Luckily I didn't have any trouble getting tickets. I don't even know if they sold out either time.

A timeframe for if you try to meet them when smile.gif you get to see them--they came out an hour to an hour and a half after finishing their sets. The show in April was the tour with Death Cab for Cutie and we had no interest in them, so we went outside after Franz was done, went around to the back by the gate where the tour buses were, and waited.

Bob seems like a really cool guy smile.gif But I'm an Alex/Nick girl wink.gif

Bob looks so not-awake in my pic with him, it's hilarious.

Thanks, Meg! *happy sigh again*
  • I'm sure I'll try to force my friends to come with IF there is going to be a Franz gig near me again. They're not...music fans.

So, the Fanclub is out, did you Franz-fans join? biggrin.gif

Fans from the U.K. already got their Franz goodies, I can't wait for mine to arrive (Especially Swallow Smile) but I don't have a turntable. mad.gif

Again, I will post Franz pictures to accompany my posts. tongue.gif

Linked, because it is huge. Really. I'm liking Nick in this pic.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/Flo.../edinburgh7.jpg
  • hells yah nick looks soo hot in that pic!

but this one is one of my fav. of alex
    alex
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Sep 3 2006, 02:01 AM)
    hells yah nick looks soo hot in that pic!
    alex

huh.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif

I think that's fairly amazing no matter who it is. tongue.gif

thank you for that!
  • QUOTE (Floreyn @ Sep 2 2006, 08:30 PM)
    So, the Fanclub is out, did you Franz-fans join? biggrin.gif
    I did smile.gif

Linked, because it is huge. Really. I'm liking Nick in this pic.
    HO-ly SHIT, I'm liking BOTH!

QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Sep 3 2006, 01:01 AM)
    hells yah nick looks soo hot in that pic!
    alex
    biggrin.gif

I'm fond of this one
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Sep 3 2006, 01:37 AM)
    I'm fond of this one

nice!!! damn alex is just too hot for words!!