In this Discussion

A million ways at Coldplay

Comments

• QUOTE (Vendro @ Sep 5 2005, 12:46 PM)
    haha 40 year old virgin.

"You know how I know YOU'RE gay?"
    "How?"
    "You like Coldplay..."

The audience totally cheered at that part.

Hehehe, Im gay and HATE Coldplay, Now i must question my like for boys.......
  • I think we've all come to a general consensus, we pretty much all hate Coldplay (me included).
  • when me and my friend get board, we go and watch ppls tvs from the road.we just bike around and watch them...most ppl get pissed and close the windows...well maybe they souldnt have there curtians open at night..nut suckers......
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Sep 5 2005, 06:17 PM)
    when me and my friend get board, we go and watch ppls tvs from the road.we just bike around and watch them...

that's kinda creepy... though one time i watched the simpsons thru the window of belle & sebastians tour bus... haha...
  • QUOTE (ConversationFear @ Sep 5 2005, 02:55 PM)
    Add me to that list as well, please.  dry.gif

er, me too.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Sep 5 2005, 07:50 PM)
    that's kinda creepy... though one time i watched the simpsons thru the window of belle & sebastians tour bus... haha...

!! I *heart* Belle And Sebastian.
  • Belle and Sebastian are amazinggg
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 5 2005, 10:08 PM)
    Belle and Sebastian are amazinggg

Such a fun band live.
  • QUOTE (Vendro @ Sep 5 2005, 09:20 PM)
    Such a fun band live.

i thought they were kinda boring live... though i may be taking my frustrations with the fact that i was far away, the theater was cold, and the guy two rows behind me kept screaming STEEEEWIE after every song, out on the actual performance of the band... i still wub.gif them regardless...
  • Coldplay was my favorite band but they don't get me excited at all anymore. Playing the OK Go video at the interval is fine because OK Go can steal lots of Coldplay fans.
    I don't know much about gay people but my only gay friend likes cheerful fun music, he says "Coldplay? Whiners!!". I love him for that wink.gif .
  • i wanna join the coldplay bashing. BOOOOOOOORING. seen em live. they headlined over the foo fighters at the first festival i ever went to. man they sucked.

EDIT: oh yea chris martin called his baby apple. how shit is that haha. its not even like a brilliant fruit, its just sub-standard and boring (tho yummy!!)
  • What?! I love Coldplay! When they first came out I too thought they were very boring but what caught me later on were the lyrics, I love their lyrics and it just matches to the kind of style they play. They are fantastic to me....just my opinion...Going to see them next next week too! I'll tell you guys if they show OK Go also! I love Belle and Sebastian too but their early stuff not feeling the newwer stuff...
  • Coldplay makes my ears bleed. Chris Martin is definitely included on my list of most annoying singers ever.
  • QUOTE (peopleperson @ Sep 4 2005, 10:41 PM)
    I saw Coldplay last night at the PNC bank performering arts center (i think i got the name right)...and between the opening band Rilo Kiley and Coldplay, OK Go's dance video for "A Million Ways" came on.

Same thing happened at the Columbus show. Did yours have audio? They showed a few videos here, but none with audio, so instead I was singing for OK Go. People looked at me like I was wierd. Pah. laugh.gif
  • nope, no audio....and i also sang.

i think the people around me were too stoned to care tho.

that's what i get for getting the cheap lawn seats.

::sigh::
  • QUOTE (peopleperson @ Sep 10 2005, 08:58 PM)
    that's what i get for getting the cheap lawn seats.

Hehe, I got fairly screwed over-- we ordered best available, which ended up being in the middle, but not even in the covered section, so basically, the very back of the seated area. I kept sneaking into the aisleways to take pictures, and the guards kept yelling at me.

I'm glad we didn't get lawn though, admittedly-- the hurricane rain had just passed through the day before so it was a disgusting pile of mud.

Next time, I'll order the seats on the side that are further up-- I could've gotten better pictures, just somewhat angled from the side.
  • Add me to the list of those who dislike Coldplay. It isn't so much that I don't like any of their music as I get tired of them essentially releasing the same two songs over and over. Boring. That's cool about them playing the video though.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Sep 6 2005, 11:28 AM)
    i wanna join the coldplay bashing. BOOOOOOOORING. seen em live. they headlined over the foo fighters at the first festival i ever went to. man they sucked.

EDIT: oh yea chris martin called his baby apple. how shit is that haha. its not even like a brilliant fruit, its just sub-standard and boring (tho yummy!!)

Yeah, I don't mind there music... but I wouldn't spend money on it or them... and he's stupid for calling the baby Apple. I saw an interview and Gwyneth said that he picked the name, not her.
  • I don't really like Coldplay. They have a few songs that I really like, but other then that, they don't offer much to me. I think all their songs sound the same(for the most part), and that's no fun for me.

QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Sep 5 2005, 08:50 PM)

I did that too! But it was Louis XIV's tour bus, and they were watching "School Of Rock."
  • hahaha, i just randomly clicked into some girls journal and she had a review of a coldplay concert in there:

"Between sets, the large TV screens at both sides of the stage played some music videos of artists I'd never heard of. One of them was so weird - it had four guys doing a Napoleon Dynamite-like dance number. That cracked me up. "

hehe, i replied telling her it was ok go...