In this Discussion

Leeds Gig @ Joseph's Well

edited November -1 in OK Go
Just wondering if anyone's toddling their way to the well for the OK Go! gig. I am. With my lady friend... I hope it's great and I hope that anyone who is toddling along has a good time.

I love the well!

Comments

• I wish.
    Have a great time and tell us how it goes.
  • Will do...

I think I'm off work on Thursday, so a full report shall be expected. If I can remember anything!

Will certainly do my best.
  • Hah, i have a friend from Leeds, and he said the Well was, well a shithole. But it can't be any worse than Brixton windmill. HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!!!!
  • Yeah... the Well isn't fantastic, but it's 'intimate' (!) and one of the better places, outside of the Cockpit, that we have here. I guess we're lacking a little...
  • Man that was good!

I absolutely loved that. The crowd was great, the support (first one especially - you've got to find out more about Envy & Other Sins) was good - not so keen on The Bright Space to be honest. Both are playing at The Fleece in Bristol tomorrow.

A great anecdote as well - yesterday, well Tuesday now, they went to see Leeds play Wigan in the FA Cup Replay...:

"You lost graciously! We had great seats, like three or four rows back. Behind us was a guy and his son, and the guy was like [northern voice] 'You f***ing w@nkers. Break his f***ing legs!' [etc...] And eventually the son thought he'd have a go. [puts on squeaky voice] 'You @rses!' [northern voice] 'OI!' [puts on squeaky voice] 'Well they are!' We loved it man."

biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'm so glad I could see them, they most definitely have to come back again to dance for me!

If anyone has some photos, and there's loads of you out there somewhere, then I'd love to see them.

Oh, and thanks to the nice girl who was dancing near me, but up, and everytime you knocked into me, you smiled and apologised. That was lovely, once even playing with my hair by way of apology! Was appreciated. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (HSX @ Jan 19 2006, 12:39 AM)
    Oh, and thanks to the nice girl who was dancing near me, but up, and everytime you knocked into me, you smiled and apologised. That was lovely, once even playing with my hair by way of apology! Was appreciated.  tongue.gif

Cutesies.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jan 17 2006, 10:20 PM)
    Hah, i have a friend from Leeds, and he said the Well was, well a shithole. But it can't be any worse than Brixton windmill. HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!!!!

I'm from Leeds too, and yup, the Well is a bit of a dive! Still, there aren't too many decent places for gigs there and it's just the best of a generally bad bunch... Except for The Cockpit and occasionally the uni.
  • QUOTE (HSX @ Jan 19 2006, 01:39 AM)
    Man that was good!
    A great anecdote as well - yesterday, well Tuesday now, they went to see Leeds play Wigan in the FA Cup Replay...

Hold on a second... OK Go went to see Leeds Utd play?!! sad.gif I would have gone with them!! I 'm a massive Leeds fan! Was a good game they got to see as well! Can't believe they went to that!
  • Yup, they went to see Leeds lose graciously to the yellow team...
  • i loved the
    Behind us was a guy and his son, and the guy was like [northern voice] 'You f***ing w@nkers. Break his f***ing legs!' [etc...] And eventually the son thought he'd have a go. [puts on squeaky voice] 'You @rses!' [northern voice] 'OI!' [puts on squeaky voice] 'Well they are!' We loved it man."
    line, was so funi.

its a bit harsh to call the well a dive tho, its cosy, and gr8 4 gigs like that. its better that some where huge cz @ least you can see. The New Rosco is alot worse that jo's well bt again its a gr8 place 4 gigs. the places that are a bit of a shit hole have the best atmosphere. tongue.gif

If anyone has some photos, and there's loads of you out there somewhere, then I'd love to see them.

ive got some great ones bt am having a bit of trouble uploading them on my computer bt i will do asap
  • I, for one, would love to see those piccies of yours!

The Well is a place I love, but it is a bit crappy. I agree that it's nice to get so close to bands though.