In this Discussion

Guess people's ages from their artwork/pictures...

14567810»

Comments

• QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Feb 5 2006, 07:26 PM)
    First up, I probably have no idea what I'm talking about because I suck at drawing (and they all are sups good, by the way!)

The cillian murphy picture - his lips look a bit feminine and his cheekbones look a bit harsh.  But I like how there's a closer up pic of his eye.  That one looks really gooooood.

And for your new picture, the umbrella one.  Is it just me or does the dude have a peanut head?

THANK YOU!!

Yea, some people have said that before. The lips. And what do you mean by harsh? Too big? I agree, if so. XP' Thanks about the eye. I'm dissapointed it didn't look much like him, though....x_x

Hah hah, peanut head. XDD' It's definately possible!! How can I fix it? Square off the chin? It looks pretty round.
  • i love all your pictures, i would love to have one on my wall
  • Maybe make it bigger? Like, if I cover up the bottom half, it looks proportional. Then if I cover the top half, it looks fine too. But together, something looks wonky.

Maybe everything is too long. Something weird happens in the torso area and I don't know what.
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Feb 5 2006, 08:13 PM)
    Maybe make it bigger?  Like, if I cover up the bottom half, it looks proportional.  Then if I cover the top half, it looks fine too.  But together, something looks wonky.

Maybe everything is too long.  Something weird happens in the torso area and I don't know what.

Hm...I'll try that!

I have habits of making the torso rather warped. It probably is that it's too long; that's usually the case. I'll try to shorten it today; I'll post the results after school.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 5 2006, 08:12 PM)
    i love all your pictures, i would love to have one on my wall

Hah hah, thank you. But, can't you point out anything wrong? How about the hand holding the umbrella in the Mary Poppins-esque picture? People have told me that hand looks funny; but I can't see it. Do you? What could I do to fix it?
  • impo i think the hand looks fine

and im a really picky photographer so that means sumthing?
  • His body gets smaller from the bottom up again. It seems like the higher on the page, the smaller things get. His head is too small for his body, and his torso almost seems triangular. You might want to work on the fingers that are wrapped around that umbrella. They don't look real.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 6 2006, 06:46 AM)
    impo i think the hand looks fine

and im a really picky photographer so that means sumthing?

Really? Awesome, then! Now I just have to fix the torso and head (the usual time I draw is our history class in band, but they canceled it because no one would shut the hell up, so I had no time to draw during school.)

Also, I need you people's opinions for a moment, if you wouldn't mind.

I'm doing a picture of a guitar; a custom fender stratocaster. I was going to do it fully in ballpoint pen, red and black (or green and black, I hadn't decided yet), with just a bunch of fun and weird designs surrounding it. Then I thought I'd use my new prisma pencils for it; they blend very well, and I could turn it to a more psychadellic-ish picture, with plenty of colour.

Then, after much thought, I decided to go back to the ballpoint pen. Upon thinking, do you know how hard it is to colour large areas successfully with a ballpoint pen? So I was thinking of going to sharpie, because everyone loves sharpie and you can do some pretty amazing things with them, then I thought about it bleeding, a lot. So now I'm back to the coloured pencil, but only using either the grey scale, black and one other colour, or all colours.

So, my question is, should I go back to ballpoint pens in one of these colour pairs:
    Black and Red
    Black and Green

Or should I go to coloured pencils using one of these:
    Grey scale
    Black and Red(s)
    Black and Green(s)
    All colours

Opinions, please? Thank you!! I'll scan the guitar right now so you can see what I'll be doing it on.
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Feb 6 2006, 03:03 PM)
    His body gets smaller from the bottom up again. It seems like the higher on the page, the smaller things get. His head is too small for his body, and his torso almost seems triangular. You might want to work on the fingers that are wrapped around that umbrella. They don't look real.

Alright; thanks!
  • black and red biros would be best...they dont bleed do they? english biros dont
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 6 2006, 03:19 PM)
    black and red biros would be best...they dont bleed do they? english biros dont

There it is. Fender stratocaster = classic and coolest electric guitar. Besides the Gibson SG. I still need to finish the pickups, vibrato arm, and volume/tone knobs. And the whole headstock. The guitar is meant to be at an angle, so smaller on the left and larger on the right...yea.

Frets are kind of messy, but the picture wasn't that big to begin with, it's hard to draw 10 or so frets...strings, obviously, not done yet either. Bridge still being worked on, and I need to clean it up more. Straighten it out and clean the lines.

Anyways, that's just to give you a visual as to what it is I'm asking your opinion about.

Also, even though it's at an angle, I think the headstock is too large; so upon your verification, I'll be downsizing it.

And as far as I know, red and black ballpoints don't bleed. Never have for me. Well, every once in awhile the ink builds up, but it's rare.

Erm..yes. Anyone elses opinions for the colours? I would like to use ballpoints, but as I said, they can be hazardous to colour large areas with. Those prismas are mighty tempting, but...I still would like more opinions. I could practice a lot with the ballpoints. XD'
  • thats looking really good again
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 7 2006, 02:15 AM)
    thats looking really good again

Thank you;

I was thinking...ballpoints are a difficult medium to master, and I was thinking of switching to pencils instead.

The colours that most people have said were shades of black and shades of red, so what do you think of that, with pencils? This way, I would have a lot more to work with, plus the blending option.
  • red and black always looks good with guitars right? thats how i picture a guitar when anyone ever talks about them
  • Yeah go with reds and black. That pic will look fabulous when it's done. You're really talented.

The head does look slightly big, but not so much that it needs to be changed. It fits with the rest of the picture cause of the angle.
  • Yes; then red and black it is!!

Oh, alright then. I guess I'll just finish up the body, ink it quickly, and begin colouring!

One last thing; I apologize for not knowing the correct term, but on a fender strat, the inner-body; that white plate...should I leave it white here? I think I should. Or leave it white and do random designs in a light grey on it? Somebody also suggested doing it black; but I think that would make the picture TOO dark.

...y'think I could write "OK Go" on it and sell it to them for $$$? Draw in a paisley background?

...I think it'd be cool...