In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

edited November -1 in OK Go
Hi y'all. tongue.gif
I've noticed that there are many people here who know a lot about Ok Go. There are also many people here who are new to Ok Go, but who are dying to know more (like me for instance).

I'm never quite sure where to post questions about the band without sounding like a completely hopeless newbie. Therefore, I've created this thread for newbies to ask questions about the band and for all you oldbies to answer them.

Talk to you all later ****waving bye bye

Comments

• First question: I know Damian is the lead singer. But is he the one who is singing C-C-C Cinnamon lips? And if so, how do they get his voice to sound so funny?
  • I don't know yet how to put pictures up, so I'll just send the linky. I wanna know, what year do you guys think this picture is from. They all look so young and innocent.

http://campuscircle.net/interviews/images/okgo.jpg
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 18 2006, 02:31 AM)
    First question:      I know Damian is the lead singer. But is he the one who is singing C-C-C Cinnamon lips? And if so, how do they get his voice to sound so funny?

Tim Nordwin is the one singing on Cinnomon Lips and Damian is singing backups. It's one of their oldest songs (Tim apparently wrote in in the days when he had hair) and it's a shame that they don't sing it during concerts anymore. I remember hearing in one interview or another that they're sick of doing it or something.
    Not quite sure when this picture was taken, but can I guess this is pre-OK Go album because Damian has short hair. Was this during his Colt 45 t-shirt days?
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Mar 17 2006, 08:37 PM)
    Tim Nordwin is the one singing on Cinnomon Lips and Damian is singing backups.  It's one of their oldest songs (Tim apparently wrote in in the days when he had hair) and it's a shame that they don't sing it during concerts anymore.  I remember hearing in one interview or another that they're sick of doing it or something.

Ha ha, I suspected that was Tim, but for some reason I talked myself out of thinking so. Thanks Connyfoo. What other Ok Go songs does Tim sing?

Anyone got a picture of Tim with hair? I'd love to see that.
  • I should add for all you newbies that is you want to post a question about the band, no question is too dumb. If you want an answer, even if it's a basic question that everyone else knows the answer to, post it anyway! This is your little spot to get your answers (assuming all those expert fans are willing to share what they know and they usually are more than happy to).
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Mar 17 2006, 10:38 PM)

OMG. Cillian Murphy in Disco Pigs much?

I know I make this reference about once a week, but for serious...(Also, please note that Cillian plays a character named Damian in his next film. laugh.gif )
  • Tim sings another song, the name escapes me atm, its one of the old school songs about a easy chair

we are so dozzy?

sumthin like that
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Mar 18 2006, 12:44 PM)
    Tim sings another song, the name escapes me atm, its one of the old school songs about a easy chair

we are so dozzy?

sumthin like that

"Aren't We Dozy." Yeah, I forgot about that. Although on the live recording, both he and Damian are singing.
  • its a long retired song though
  • How old are the Ok Go boys and when are their birthdays? Friends keep asking me and I don't know, so you must know, ha ha.
  • i would also like to know this...

i know it was rustys earlyer this month
  • Ages:
    Damian- 30
    Rusty- 27
    Dan- 31
    Tim- 29/30 (not quite positive)

I know that Damian's birthday is October 7th, and Rusty's is March 7 or 8th. Don't know about Dan or Tim.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm about 98% sure of this info...
  • HHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! jedi_grrlie I love your Cillian-Damian comparisons. They're so true! And they are both so lovely!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 18 2006, 06:11 PM)
    Ages:
    Damian- 30
    Rusty- 27
    Dan- 31

I know that Damian's birthday is October 7th, and Rusty's is March 7 or 8th. Don't know about Dan or Tim.

dan's birthday is... July 28th, I think.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 19 2006, 10:11 AM)
    Ages:
    Damian- 30
    Rusty- 27
    Dan- 31

im pretty sure rusty's is the seventh, not the eighth.
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ Mar 19 2006, 10:28 AM)
    im pretty sure rusty's is the seventh, not the eighth.

Yeah, there was some debate about that over at the JC. I never got a straight answer. It's one of those two for sure.
  • Here's a hard question: Where was each boy originally from before Chicago? (either born in or lived in before Chicago)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 22 2006, 05:04 AM)
    Here's a hard question:  Where was each boy originally from before Chicago? (either born in or lived in before Chicago)

Dam's from Washington DC.
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Mar 17 2006, 07:38 PM)
    Not quite sure when this picture was taken, but can I guess this is pre-OK Go album because Damian has short hair.  Was this during his Colt 45 t-shirt days?

mmmmmmDan, he looks bloody hot in this pic smile.gif I http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/style_imag...cons/icon12.gif dan !!!!!!!