In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (Falknerd @ Mar 21 2006, 11:09 PM)
    mmmmmmDan,  he looks bloody hot in this pic smile.gif  I http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/style_imag...cons/icon12.gif dan !!!!!!!

and i cant make a heart icon, i truly am a nerd i (heart) dan!!! there, thats better smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Jedi3741 @ Mar 19 2006, 01:10 AM)
    HHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! jedi_grrlie I love your Cillian-Damian comparisons. They're so true! And they are both so lovely!

biggrin.gif

and i cant make a heart icon, i truly am a nerd i (heart) dan!!! there, thats better

Hee hee.

Here's a hard question:  Where was each boy originally from before Chicago? (either born in or lived in before Chicago)

Rusty grew up in Worcester, MA, and I know he went to NYC for college, and then he moved out to L.A. So he wasn't really part of the whole Chicago thing.

I'm not sure about Dan, Tim, or Andy, though.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 19 2006, 12:06 PM)
    Yeah, there was some debate about that over at the JC. I never got a straight answer. It's one of those two for sure.

Rusty mentions it in one of his bloggings. March of last year.

It's the 8th. (don't argue I just checked)

Also, that Damian/Cillian thing is just creepy. seriously...
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 22 2006, 05:04 PM)
    Rusty mentions it in one of his bloggings. March of last year.

It's the 8th. (don't argue I just checked)

Also, that Damian/Cillian thing is just creepy. seriously...

Creepy-eerie-omg-creepy or creepy-ew-creepy?
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Mar 17 2006, 10:38 PM)

OK, so just by looking at it, it must be pretty archaic. Look at Tim's hair! I've never ever seen his hair like that. And Dan looks extremely young. This has to be one of their first photos EVER.

Also, I know that Tim is the same age as Damian but was born the year after. You know, like they were the same age group during summer when they would go to camp together and were in the same grade level. However, no idea what Tim's bday is.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 24 2006, 04:37 PM)
    OK, so just by looking at it, it must be pretty archaic.  Look at Tim's hair!  I've never ever seen his hair like that. 

Wanna see those early sideburns even closer up? Here they are in all their glory (assuming I can actually post it up here, I am terrible with computers):

• Whoo-hoo! I was able to post a pic. That means my computer skills have improved just slightly.

Here's a question: Why did Andy #1 (Andy Duncan) leave the group? I could've swore I saw him in the background of the making of "Oh No" working in the studio with the boys. Does he still work with them, but he only wants to do studio work?
  • Does anyone know where I can find tabs for It's Tough to Have a Crush? I wanna learn how to play it.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 24 2006, 08:59 PM)
    Whoo-hoo! I was able to post a pic. That means my computer skills have improved just slightly.

Here's a question:  Why did Andy #1 (Andy Duncan) leave the group? I could've swore I saw him in the background of the making of "Oh No" working in the studio with the boys. Does he still work with them, but he only wants to do studio work?

Good question. Andy Duncan finished the album before he left the group. His explanation was that he didn't like being on tour, but being as Juggling Clubbers are, they predicted that this is not the case. Here's the actual statement from Andy:

Dear OK Go Fans,

For those of you who don't already know, I, Andrew Scott Duncan (Andy), have decided to move on from OK Go. It seems to me that I'm at a critical point in my life where my commitments at home outweigh those involved with touring. I've found that life on the road is not where I am at my best. Unfortunately, the timing of this realization leaves me sad, as I believe that this upcoming record that we made together totally rules and there are even better times to be had: the boys are going to move up and beyond.

They say that hindsight is 20/20. So only the future will tell whether leaving OK Go was the right thing for all of us. But for the moment there are a few things that I do know:

1. I will not miss Damian's relentless flatulence
    2. Dan's penchant for boondoggling and swaggling
    3. Tim's reluctance for being open about our feelings for each other

Aside from that, I also know one other thing: that OK Go is a great band. The most motivated, playful and talented group of guys I've ever worked with. All the hard work and play that we've done as a band has taught me life lessons that will surely endure through my midlife crisis and beyond.

In the meantime I've got music and yoga classes to teach and a film score/soundtrack in the works. Currently I'm producing a group out of LA/SF called the Seahorse Liberation Army making le dance music for le discotheques and loving every minute of it, scrapping it up, and sending it through the other guy's window.

So thanks to everyone who has supported me and kept me supplied with toothpicks & such. Rock on everyone, and fight the good fight.

I'll see you when I see you.

Love,

Andrew Scott Duncan,
    taxpayer
  • Sorry, duplicate post. Look below.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Mar 24 2006, 09:09 PM)
    Does anyone know where I can find tabs for It's Tough to Have a Crush? I wanna learn how to play it.

I can only find them on Don't Ask Me tabs on the Juggling club. Go here for the discussion from the Juggling Club. I'm sure if you post a comment on that one you'll get some more responses.

Also, this site has t a lot more, including the chords for "Crush." Hope this helps!
  • wow, great job answering that Andy Duncan question, HelloLover. Wherever did you find that info?

I think Rusty looks better as a part of the band, rather than Andy #1. What do you think? (Please Andy Duncan fans, don't kill me! I just like how Rusty looks in the band. He blends well.)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 25 2006, 02:25 AM)
    wow, great job answering that Andy Duncan question, HelloLover. Wherever did you find that info?

I think Rusty looks better as a part of the band, rather than Andy #1. What do you think? (Please Andy Duncan fans, don't kill me! I just like how Rusty looks in the band. He blends well.)

It was a pretty popular post and question on the Juggling Club for a while, I know because I asked it once. I agree about the Andy thing, he looks better with them. However, in concert you'll notice that he just doesn't fit. They never really bond all to much and when he does come out after the show, it's usually not with the other guys. He's only done one interview before, too, and that was with Kikky at the Orlando show. Kikky is another Juggler and she did the Orlando Fan Correspondant along with me, you can check out the videos on YouTube. Also, Andy really is a professional recording artist: he's been in a lot of other bands and is featured on some other albums. He really is just a replacement, but it seems to be working out well enough. He'll never have the same chemistry with the band as Andy Duncan did, though, but they are all trying their best to cope and that's all we can expect.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 25 2006, 03:08 AM)
    It was a pretty popular post and question on the Juggling Club for a while, I know because I asked it once.  I agree about the Andy thing, he looks better with them.  However, in concert you'll notice that he just doesn't fit.  They never really bond all to much and when he does come out after the show, it's usually not with the other guys.  He's only done one interview before, too, and that was with Kikky at the Orlando show.  Kikky is another Juggler and she did the Orlando Fan Correspondant along with me, you can check out the videos on YouTube.  Also, Andy really is a professional recording artist:  he's been in a lot of other bands and is featured on some other albums.  He really is just a replacement, but it seems to be working out well enough.  He'll never have the same chemistry with the band as Andy Duncan did, though, but they are all trying their best to cope and that's all we can expect.

Well, he's only been in the band for a year, which isn't really not a long time, when you consider that OK Go's been around for a good eight years, and that Tim and Damian have known each other for far longer. I feel like he's slowly falling into his place in the band. I mean, yeah, he'll never replace Andy Duncan, but if he sticks with the band for a long while, I feel like he's going to be another integral part.
  • Agreed. I think having him do the blog was a good idea. It really made us and him feel like he belonged.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 25 2006, 04:00 AM)
    Agreed.  I think having him do the blog was a good idea.  It really made us and him feel like he belonged.

Yeah. I still feel like he's the little, lost, forlorn band member, off in the corner when I look at some of my concert pics...

...but that may be because I tend to stand on the side of the stage away from Andy, so he just looks smaller.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 25 2006, 04:02 AM)
    ...but that may be because I tend to stand on the side of the stage away from Andy, so he just looks smaller.

Hahahahhahhahahahahahaha. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 25 2006, 02:21 AM)
    Hahahahhahhahahahahahaha. laugh.gif

I had just the opposite problem. I was standing next to Andy and Tim looked smaller. Of course, it may also be time for me to change the perscription in my glasses.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 25 2006, 04:29 AM)
    I had just the opposite problem. I was standing next to Andy and Tim looked smaller. Of course, it may also be time for me to change the perscription in my glasses.

Again, hahahhaahahahha. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 24 2006, 07:32 PM)
    I can only find them on Don't Ask Me tabs on the Juggling club.  Go here for the discussion from the Juggling Club.  I'm sure if you post a comment on that one you'll get some more responses.

Also, this site has t a lot more, including the chords for "Crush."  Hope this helps!

Thanks..hopefully I'll learn it..If I can do it..it seems really really easy...I'll post it on YouTube..many I can find a singer to sing it for me..because I hate my voice.