In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 25 2006, 12:25 AM)
    wow, great job answering that Andy Duncan question, HelloLover. Wherever did you find that info?

I think Rusty looks better as a part of the band, rather than Andy #1. What do you think? (Please Andy Duncan fans, don't kill me! I just like how Rusty looks in the band. He blends well.)

As a loyal Duncan fan, while I do like Rusty, he'll never be Andy. For any of you who have seen OK Go with Andy, there was this spirit, and he never failed to amaze me.

BUT! I've seen OK Go with Andy Duncan well over 10 t imes, and I've only seen them with Rusty 3-4 times. So I guess that could be why too.

Rusty is doing a good job, but he doesn't fill Andy's shoes...not yet at least! (for me!)
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Mar 25 2006, 09:59 AM)
    Thanks..hopefully I'll learn it..If I can do it..it seems really really easy...I'll post it on YouTube..many I can find a singer to sing it for me..because I hate my voice.

You know, I sing...... biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (melanie @ Mar 25 2006, 11:55 AM)
    As a loyal Duncan fan, while I do like Rusty, he'll never be Andy. For any of you who have seen OK Go with Andy, there was this spirit, and he never failed to amaze me.

BUT! I've seen OK Go with Andy Duncan well over 10 t imes, and I've only seen them with Rusty 3-4 times. So I guess that could be why too.

Rusty is doing a good job, but he doesn't fill Andy's shoes...not yet at least! (for me!)

I think Andy Duncan fit the best musically and personality-wise, but Rusty looks better in pictures, I think.
  • Yey, I started a debate!
  • In honor of the new yahoo account I want to throw out the following question. What are the appendices? Is it a bunch of recordings Tim and Dam made to sell at concerts in the early days? I'm not too sure, so please nobody think I'm stupid. I'm just hopelessly naive and seek your guidance to put me on the proper path.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 27 2006, 01:05 AM)
    In honor of the new yahoo account I want to throw out the following question.  What are the appendices? Is it a bunch of recordings Tim and Dam made to sell at concerts in the early days? I'm not too sure, so please nobody think I'm stupid. I'm just hopelessly naive and seek your guidance to put me on the proper path.

Appendices is a record that Tim and Dami did in 1998, before OK Go was actually formed, I believe. So it's like OK Go before they were OK Go. I don't know much more than that. (Also, apparently the actual CD had Damian's phone number on it when it was released... ohmy.gif)
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 26 2006, 11:23 PM)
    Appendices is a record that Tim and Dami did in 1998, before  OK Go was actually formed, I believe. So it's like OK Go before they were OK Go. I don't know much more than that. (Also, apparently the actual CD had Damian's phone number on it when it was released... ohmy.gif)

Lol! Wow, that's so cool!!! Was that album available in many record stores or just in Chicago or just at concerts?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 27 2006, 01:39 AM)
    Lol! Wow, that's so cool!!! Was that album available in many record stores or just in Chicago or just at concerts?

No idea. I'm assuming just locally in Chicago, but I really don't know. You'd have to ask like, Carin or Pam or Chels for info on that, they've been around far longer than me.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 27 2006, 01:09 PM)
    No idea. I'm assuming just locally in Chicago, but I really don't know. You'd have to ask like, Carin or Pam or Chels for info on that, they've been around far longer than me.

They'll just have to post here, I'm too lazy to leave my thread. But thanks for the info that you do have.
  • (you should definitely venture away from this thread, you'll learn so much more:))

..I don't know much about The Appendices, but since they are so old I'm quite sure they were only available locally in Chicago ...probably sold at local record stores and not big chains or anything. And I'm pretty sure they're quite hard to come buy, if possible at all.

Pam might be a better authority on this, so hopefully she'll drop by and correct me if I'm wrong.
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Mar 27 2006, 07:17 PM)
    (you should definitely venture away from this thread, you'll learn so much more:))

..I don't know much about The Appendices, but since they are so old I'm quite sure they were only available locally in Chicago ...probably sold at local record stores and not big chains or anything. And I'm pretty sure they're quite hard to come buy, if possible at all.

Pam might be a better authority on this, so hopefully she'll drop by and correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know Pam yet. What's her screen name?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 27 2006, 10:21 PM)
    I don't know Pam yet. What's her screen name?

Pam = sweeetpea. She hasn't been around a lot. But she should be.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 27 2006, 07:23 PM)
    Pam = sweeetpea. She hasn't been around a lot. But she should be.

My thread rocks and sweeetpea should stop on by.
  • Dude, Katy, that phone number is probably not valid anymore because Damian lives in flipping Los Angeles now. I mean, dude, that's a long time to keep a cell number.
  • As far as I know, I don’t believe that Appendices was ever sold other than a few small Chicago record shops. It was a demo CD and I believe it was more to shop around for labels. Damian’s contact info wasn’t found on Appendices (to my knowledge), but on the Six Song Demo. Both showed up on Ebay a few years ago but I haven’t heard of any trading hands in a LONG time.. I think one sold for $60 back in 2002, so I could only imagine someone would pay even more for one today.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Mar 28 2006, 12:25 AM)
    As far as I know, I don’t believe that Appendices was ever sold other than a few small Chicago record shops. It was a demo CD and I believe it was more to shop around for labels. Damian’s contact info wasn’t found on Appendices (to my knowledge), but on the Six Song Demo. Both showed up on Ebay a few years ago but I haven’t heard of any trading hands in a LONG time.. I think one sold for $60 back in 2002, so I could only imagine someone would pay even more for one today.

I'd pay. Dude, would I pay.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Mar 28 2006, 12:25 AM)
    As far as I know, I don’t believe that Appendices was ever sold other than a few small Chicago record shops. It was a demo CD and I believe it was more to shop around for labels. Damian’s contact info wasn’t found on Appendices (to my knowledge), but on the Six Song Demo. Both showed up on Ebay a few years ago but I haven’t heard of any trading hands in a LONG time.. I think one sold for $60 back in 2002, so I could only imagine someone would pay even more for one today.

Oh, well, it was the Six Song Demo, then. I didn't say that the number was still working, nor that one should try to find this record solely for the sake of trying to call the number. I was just saying that I heard from someone else that it was there.

I'm sometimes not a very reliable or sensible source of information, am I?
  • Yeah, the number's at least 7 years old, there's a slim to none chance that it still works. I've never come across that number anyways.. sorry if I sounded mean in my reply, I didn't mean to be!

And Katy, I've been hanging onto this quote for a LONG time, and since you enjoyed the use/use thing so much, I thought you might like this:

You know what is weird, that 'impact' is not a verb. And it drives me f---ing nuts to hear everybody talk about how 'we are impacting this week,' or how 'it impacted.'

Damian's really picky with words cool.gif

EDIT: I meant U T I L I Z E , but apparently J O R G E has a filter on that as well.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 22 2006, 04:04 PM)
    Rusty mentions it in one of his bloggings. March of last year.

It's the 8th. (don't argue I just checked)

Also, that Damian/Cillian thing is just creepy. seriously...

haha, yeah it's definitely the 8th. I had asked Andy when I was interviewing him, and he said that Damian announced it was Andy's birthday at the show on the 7th(at Emo's, I think?) because there wasn't enough alchohol in the dressing room that night, and so instead of having to go out and buy more, everyone bought "the birthday boy" and friends free drinks. He then went on saying that having two birthdays is inevitably better than just one, which I completely agree with.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Mar 28 2006, 01:07 AM)
    Yeah, the number's at least 7 years old, there's a slim to none chance that it still works. I've never come across that number anyways.. sorry if I sounded mean in my reply, I didn't mean to be!

And Katy, I've been hanging onto this quote for a LONG time, and since you enjoyed the use/use thing so much, I thought you might like this:

You know what is weird, that 'impact' is not a verb. And it drives me f---ing nuts to hear everybody talk about how 'we are impacting this week,' or how 'it impacted.'

Damian's really picky with words  cool.gif

EDIT: I meant U T I L I Z E , but apparently J O R G E has a filter on that as well.

You didn't sound mean, how could you??? You're SWEETpea for cripe's sake.

LMFAO laugh.gif