In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Mar 28 2006, 01:07 AM)
    Yeah, the number's at least 7 years old, there's a slim to none chance that it still works. I've never come across that number anyways.. sorry if I sounded mean in my reply, I didn't mean to be!

And Katy, I've been hanging onto this quote for a LONG time, and since you enjoyed the use/use thing so much, I thought you might like this:

You know what is weird, that 'impact' is not a verb. And it drives me f---ing nuts to hear everybody talk about how 'we are impacting this week,' or how 'it impacted.'

Damian's really picky with words  cool.gif

EDIT: I meant U T I L I Z E , but apparently J O R G E has a filter on that as well.

Actually, I was more or less responding to Karleigh, who was being snarky. tongue.gif

(I still <3 you though.)

I LOVE that quote! I remember when he posted that during that whole debate. Man. That thing was hilarious. I was in the library, trying to read for Soc., and I checked the blog, and immediately abandoned the homework for the research section and the OED, trying to prove him wrong. Only find out he was right. So then I bowed to the great power use has over the U-Word-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

Edit: On a similar note, my friends and I were debating about whether or not you're supposed to put two spaces after a period when you're writing a paper. You're supposed to, but my roomie was being obnoxious about it, so it was pissing me off. But that conversation would definitely have been more amusing with Damian around...
  • OMG, I hate it when people don't put 2 spaces after periods. What is wrong with them??????? Then there are those people that don't put 2 spaces after colons....don't get me started mad.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 28 2006, 03:09 PM)
    Edit: On a similar note, my friends and I were debating about whether or not you're supposed to put two spaces after a period when you're writing a paper. You're supposed to, but my roomie was being obnoxious about it, so it was pissing me off. But that conversation would definitely have been more amusing with Damian around...

you do put 2 spaces right? That's like the only thing i remember from my typing/business class. btw im horrible with the whole grammar rules. that's why im a chem. major. bonds,cyclohexanes, methyls are so much easier to understand. but then again that's me!
  • Yes, that is you. I'm not a chem or math person. I'm good at History, English, and Psychology.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 28 2006, 08:53 PM)
    Yes, that is you.  I'm not a chem or math person.  I'm good at History, English, and Psychology.

yah i also like political science. but there is no way in hell i am changing my major ever again!!
  • I just declared mine today. Now all I have to do is get a C in Stats **cringe**
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 28 2006, 08:56 PM)
    I just declared mine today.  Now all I have to do is get a C in Stats **cringe**

ugh stats. brings back horrible memories of last term. ended up with an a but i really worked my ass off so much.
  • The hard part about stats is that it's combined with a lab here. So, basically, I have an A in the lab part but like a D in the stats part. WTF.
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Mar 28 2006, 10:48 PM)
    you do put 2 spaces right? That's like the only thing i remember from my typing/business class. btw im horrible with the whole grammar rules. that's why im a chem. major. bonds,cyclohexanes, methyls are so much easier to understand. but then again that's me!

You're supposed to put two spaces. Nobody but the NY Times staff and Boston literary nuts do.

The problem with me and grammar is that I'm a French major, and I've been writing in French for so long that I now write like a French person in English. Which basically means when five short words would suffice, I write fifteen more. Really. My JYA app. statement was two pages long, and my English major roomie cut about 3/4 of a page out of it for me.
  • That just means you're verbous. Nothing wrong with that.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 28 2006, 08:13 PM)
    You're supposed to put two spaces. Nobody but the NY Times staff and Boston literary nuts do.

The problem with me and grammar is that I'm a French major, and I've been writing in French for so long that I now write like a French person in English. Which basically means when five short words would suffice, I write fifteen more. Really. My JYA app. statement was two pages long, and my English major roomie cut about 3/4 of a page out of it for me.

If i could spell "Jaque la bleu" I would. A French major? Wow, that sounds hard!

Celebrate the fact that I've now got 200 posts. I am no longer a newbie. I hope to one day be in your league, jedi_grrlie. And what do you think of me opening my house to the boys next time they're driving across from TX to CA and need a place to stay? I've got a nice house. Ha ha. I really just like showing off my house (which is really my mommy's house. She'll be so pleased when she hears about the roach broaches in her lovely AZ home. She'll be so pleased she'll kill me! Ha ha)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 28 2006, 08:28 PM)
    If i could spell "Jaque la bleu" I would. A French major? Wow, that sounds hard!

Celebrate the fact that I've now got 200 posts. I am no longer a newbie. I hope to one day be in your league, jedi_grrlie. And what do you think of me opening my house to the boys next time they're driving across from TX to CA and need a place to stay? I've got a nice house. Ha ha. I really just like showing off my house (which is really my mommy's house. She'll be so pleased when she hears about the roach broaches in her lovely AZ home. She'll be so pleased she'll kill me! Ha ha)

I think if you had a party there I should know about it being a fellow ok go fan and arizonian. Lol. No matter what city you are in!
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Mar 28 2006, 08:50 PM)
    I think if you had a party there I should know about it being a fellow ok go fan and arizonian. Lol. No matter what city you are in!

Absolutely! If they were to stay at my place, you'd be so invited. I think having the two of us around might go to Damian's head. He might start to think we're his personal maids or something. But oh well. We'd just have to put up with it to have Ok Go stop on by.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 28 2006, 09:03 PM)
    Absolutely! If they were to stay at my place, you'd be so invited. I think having the two of us around might go to Damian's head. He might start to think we're his personal maids or something. But oh well. We'd just have to put up with it to have Ok Go stop on by.

I wouldnt mind cleaning up after the party!! It would be worth it!!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 28 2006, 09:13 PM)

nice a french major. i don't think i could major in anything in a foreign lang. or libreal arts. i tried but it just wasn't me. i'm a selfproclaimed chem. dork and i won't deny it. i tried to but i couldn't .
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Mar 28 2006, 10:00 PM)
    nice a french major. i don't think i could major in anything in a foreign lang. or libreal arts. i tried but it just wasn't me. i'm a selfproclaimed chem. dork and i won't deny it. i tried to but i couldn't .

a chem person. I too am a science person, but bio is my field. The fact that you can do chem astounds me. More power to vinyl!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 28 2006, 11:03 PM)
    a chem person. I too am a science person, but bio is my field. The fact that you can do chem astounds me. More power to vinyl!

thanks, but yah i enjoy chem it just interests me. i'm a pre-phar. but i'm also a bio minor, even though im not that big into bio.
  • Whereas I, as a history major, would never survive college as a science major. I hate science and math. I'm dreading having to take a lab science next year to fufill a requirement for graduation. Instead, things like the misspelling of verbose in someone's post bother me. haha.

What are you planning on doing with your French major?
  • QUOTE (lightamatch4me @ Mar 28 2006, 09:19 PM)
    I wouldnt mind cleaning up after the party!! It would be worth it!!

Clean up? No no no, my dear. What I'm proposing is that the next time Ok Go is in Phoenix, rather than stay at an expensive hotel, I am offering my home for their use, free of charge. I have no one else in this big ole house. Some musically gifted boarders would be nice.

Now, If the boys were to stay at my lovely home instead of a hotel, you would not be in charge of clean up. No no no. You will be my guest for the evening to share in the excitement.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 28 2006, 10:08 PM)
    Clean up? No no no, my dear. What I'm proposing is that the next time Ok Go is in Phoenix, rather than stay at an expensive hotel, I am offering my home for their use, free of charge. I have no one else in this big ole house. Some musically gifted boarders would be nice.

Now, If the boys were to stay at my lovely home instead of a hotel, you would not be in charge of clean up. No no no. You will be my guest for the evening to share in the excitement.

That would be a lot of excitement!! Lol With OK Go there, there would be a party!