In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Mar 29 2006, 01:07 AM)
    Whereas I, as a history major, would never survive college as a science major. I hate science and math. I'm dreading having to take a lab science next year to fufill a requirement for graduation. Instead, things like the misspelling of verbose in someone's post bother me. haha.

What are you planning on doing with your French major?

I'd never survive as a science major, either. I have friends who are in the science programs here at Smith, and I've heard horror stories of six hour labs... And the Engineering program is craaaaazy.

What am I planning on doing with my French major? That's a very good question. I don't really know. I'm going abroad next year, so hopefully next summer I'll get some kind of internship abroad, whether in France or Portugal. (I'm a Portuguese minor as well. Yay Romance Languages!) I'm thinking of applying for a Fulbring to study in Portugal after my senior year, but that would be a bunch of work.

I've always said that I want to teach English as a second language abroad, but really, I more of want to travel all over Europe. When I went to Italy in 10th grade, my tour guides both taught ESL in Italian high schools and did the guiding thing on the side, which I thought was really kinda' cool. That trip was what made me decide that I wanted to study languages. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 28 2006, 10:24 PM)
    What am I planning on doing with my French major? That's a very good question. I don't really know. I'm going abroad next year, so hopefully next summer I'll get some kind of internship abroad, whether in France or Portugal. (I'm a Portuguese minor as well. Yay Romance Languages!) I'm thinking of applying for a Fulbring to study in Portugal after my senior year, but that would be a bunch of work.

I've always said that I want to teach English as a second language abroad, but really, I more of want to travel all over Europe.

No, don't go abroad! We would all miss you too much!
  • I'm going abroad, too!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 28 2006, 10:30 PM)
    I'm going abroad, too!

You mean you'll follow jedi_grrlie to the ends of the earth? She really must be a jedi then if she's got that kind of power. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 29 2006, 01:26 AM)
    No, don't go abroad! We would all miss you too much!

Dude, I'll be in Paris. They have the Internet in Paris. Don't worry.

Karleigh, you and I won't be abroad at the same time, and that makes me sad. sad.gif <--- me, being sad
  • I am still in high school. But I want to be a music major, and minor in Psychology. I still don't know whether I shoulc sing Jazz and record, or do theatre and act. I could go either way. Maybe I'll be an actress first, then have kids, and record on the side...? unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Mar 29 2006, 01:32 AM)
    I am still in high school. But I want to be a music major, and minor in Psychology. I still don't know whether I shoulc sing Jazz and record, or do theatre and act. I could go either way. Maybe I'll be an actress first, then have kids, and record on the side...? unsure.gif

I really wish I had at least minored in Theatre. Don't get me wrong, I've known I've wanted to go into languages for a long time, so I'm happy being a French/Portuguese major. But I really wanted to minor in theatre as well, and the classes just never fit. And now I'm kind of regretting it. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 28 2006, 10:32 PM)
    Dude, I'll be in Paris. They have the Internet in Paris. Don't worry.

Paris has the internet now?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 29 2006, 01:36 AM)
    Paris has the internet now?

Apparently.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 28 2006, 09:34 PM)
    I really wish I had at least minored in Theatre. Don't get me wrong, I've known I've wanted to go into languages for a long time, so I'm happy being a French/Portuguese major. But I really wanted to minor in theatre as well, and the classes just never fit. And now I'm kind of regretting it. sad.gif

You can still take classes. You're not dead yet. You sound like you've only got six months to live or something. There's still hope for you I'm sure. I mean, I don't know you very well, but you seem like the thespian type.
  • QUOTE (cadillac64 @ Mar 29 2006, 01:39 AM)
    You can still take classes. You're not dead yet. You sound like you've only got six months to live or something. There's still hope for you I'm sure. I mean, I don't know you very well, but you seem like the thespian type.

I graduated Honor Thespian cum Laude from my school, thank you! smile.gif

I just haven't been involved in as much theatre in the past year and a half as I did in high school, and I miss it- DAMMIT I FORGOT TO LEARN MY LINES!

Sorry. I just remembered that I actually am in a production....
  • No more school convos, I'm getting tense just thinking about it **cringe**
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 29 2006, 01:42 AM)
    No more school convos, I'm getting tense just thinking about it **cringe**

Dude, I didn't do like, any homework, and I have so much I have to do by Monday. *dies*
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 28 2006, 10:42 PM)
    No more school convos, I'm getting tense just thinking about it **cringe**

Hellolover86, my little documentarian, you hit the nail right on the head. (Did I just totally make up a word that doesn't exist?)
  • Possibley. I like it.
  • You made up the position, didn't you, Tempe?
  • No, Tempe did. So there tongue.gif
  • I was speaking to Tempe. tongue.gif
  • We-Hell, aren't we being smart?
  • Tempe is not only good at making up words that don't exist. She is also the Queen of Random. In fact this post is rather random.