In this Discussion

Warped Tour anyone? Get presale tickets!

Comments

• My friend almost got pushed into a mosh pit at a Bowling For Soup concert..she said it was pretty scary..I have never been in one..but if I go I'm gonna be freakin' scared. My friend and I have this thing where we put out hands on our hips so people won't try to get in front or move us. All we have to say is "Cheerleading pose" All I know who I'm postivily going to see over the summer is Rooney..and that shouldn't be scary. Is there any mosh pits at OK Go ones?
  • There were a lot on the MCS tour, but I've heard they aren't like that when they headline because usually the fan base is a little older.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Apr 1 2006, 03:38 PM)
    My friend almost got pushed into a mosh pit at a Bowling For Soup concert..she said it was pretty scary..I have never been in one..but if I go I'm gonna be freakin' scared. My friend and I have this thing where we put out hands on our hips so people won't try to get in front or move us. All we have to say is "Cheerleading pose" All I know who I'm postivily going to see over the summer is Rooney..and that shouldn't be scary. Is there any mosh pits at OK Go ones?

Well Damian mosh pitted waist high into the crowd and then back onto stage. But yeah, MCS was also playing, so the people who were mosh pitting were probably part of the MCS crowd. During some of the Ok Go songs there was mosh pitting. The security guards were so cool. They didn't care if you had a camera and were taking pics. They were just there to keep the mosh pitting under control. Even Damian at the end of the show said he'd like to thank security, that they were the best security the band had ever seen. He said usually security in most places they play "are a bunch of assholes. And you guys are just great."
  • He didn't mosh, he crowd surfed. Moshing is where people push around in a circle.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 1 2006, 04:25 PM)
    He didn't mosh, he crowd surfed. Moshing is where people push around in a circle.

Thank you, I was wondering what you would call going waist high into the crowd. I will add that to the dictionary in my brain.
  • Aw, guys, moshing isn't that bad.
  • No, moshing is bad. The point of moshing is to push and hurt people. I've had this arguement with my roommate and no one wins, I guess it's a matter of opinion.
  • That's not really the point at all, it's just usually the end result when you're doing it with the wrong people.
  • Yeah that's not the point at all. The point is to get into the music. People who hurt you probably think they're really hardcore when in reality they're just assholes. Mosh pits can be a lot of fun if you want to be in them and you like the band.
  • Yeah, exactly. Thanks for making it sound prettier.
  • I see your point. I've really never seen that side before.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Apr 1 2006, 05:38 PM)
    My friend almost got pushed into a mosh pit at a Bowling For Soup concert..she said it was pretty scary..I have never been in one..but if I go I'm gonna be freakin' scared. My friend and I have this thing where we put out hands on our hips so people won't try to get in front or move us. All we have to say is "Cheerleading pose" All I know who I'm postivily going to see over the summer is Rooney..and that shouldn't be scary. Is there any mosh pits at OK Go ones?

There was a mosh pit at a Bowling for Soup concert????? Are you kidding me???

I went to a Dropkick Murphys concert on my 20th birthday- boy, was that an experience. The moshing and crowd surfing there was insane. It also didn't help that I was afraid for my life, being the only Yankees fan in a sea of diehard Sox nutters. My roomie went to their St. Patrick's Day show in Boston, and said that it was three times as crazy. blink.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 2 2006, 12:31 AM)
    There was a mosh pit at a Bowling for Soup concert????? Are you kidding me???

Who even goes to Bowling for Soup concerts?
  • my 14 year old brother wants me to take him to warped tour this summer... i have absolutely no desire to go, but i'd feel bad if i just refused because i don't feel like it. oh boy.
  • Warped is actually a lot of fun. I've found a lot of cool bands at it (I've gone twice), and it's really easy to meet band members, even of the better known bands. Sure, there are a lot of annoying fangirls and preteens running around, but it can still be a really great day. Hell, I got to see Dropkick Murphys who have a fantastic live show, and I met the lead singer of one of my favorite bands last summer. Take a friend or two who you can be goofy with and you'll have a good time.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Apr 1 2006, 06:46 PM)
    No, moshing is bad. The point of moshing is to push and hurt people. I've had this arguement with my roommate and no one wins, I guess it's a matter of opinion.

I just realized, getting kicked in the teeth by mosh-pitters and such....heck that means mosh pitting keeps me in business! blink.gif (I'm a dental student)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 3 2006, 06:36 PM)
    I just realized, getting kicked in the teeth by mosh-pitters and such....heck that means mosh pitting keeps me in business! blink.gif (I'm a dental student)

Well, that is a benefit.
  • The next presale ending dates are April 13 for Dallas, Boise, Virginia Beach and Chicago! April 14 for New York, Montreal, Old Bridge, Denver, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, San Antonio, and Phoenix!
  • Disregard whatever I wrote above. I thought we were talking about Ok Go, not the Warped Tour
  • I always do.