In this Discussion

Dream concert/tour

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Wouldn't it be great if all your favorite bands went on tour together. No matter if they quite go together or not...

For me, I think my dream concert/tour would have to as follows:

OK Go
Franz Ferdinand
The White Stripes
w/special guest The Kaiser Cheifs

I would cut off my left arm and beat myself with it to go to that show!

Who's next?

Comments

• My dream tour would be Elvis Presley. No opening act. I don't even care that he'd be in his 70's, he is my favorite artist of all time, and ...it would be beyond amazing.

Too bad he's dead. sad.gif

Also, I saw OK Go open for Kaiser Chiefs. It was pretty sweet.
  • sgt. pepper era beatles with blue album era weezer

or

the lucksmiths / tullycraft / sondre lerche

or

the magnetic fields / jens lekman / jonathan richman / beat happening (it could be promoted as the monotone tour)
  • that dog., sElf, ben folds five, and weezer plays only blue and pink songs.

...oh, and darbie takes me.
  • QUOTE (76 @ Jun 24 2006, 09:55 PM)
    that dog., sElf, ben folds five, and weezer plays only blue and pink songs.

...oh, and darbie takes me.

wub.gif
  • Ok Go, Something Corporate, Sugarcult, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, 33 West, and Ludacris.

I thought I'd go big. If not that, then Ok Go and Goo Goo Dolls.
  • OK Go and Gogol Bordello.

Hell yeah.
  • I don't think I'd really like it if I knew/liked all the bands that my favourite band were playing with... I like to be surprised by support acts I think are going to be poor turning out to be amazing! I'm quite looking forward to the OKGo/MCS tour, as I like both of the bands, and I've never really had it where I've owned like, albums from 2 of the bands playing (other than festivals but that doesn't count).
  • seeing as there is no limit, take mine as a festival line up

The Strokes, The Vines, Ok Go, Kings of Leon, Nine Black Alps, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Archie Bronson Outfit, The Stills,
    The Futurheads, Bloc Party, Interpol, The Clash (if only), Maximo Park, Hot Chip, Death Cab for Cutie
  • The Smiths
    James
    OKGo
  • ok go, that's all i ask
  • QUOTE (countrykicks @ Jun 25 2006, 10:16 AM)
    seeing as there is no limit, take mine as a festival line up

The Strokes, The Vines, Ok Go, Kings of Leon, Nine Black Alps, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Archie Bronson Outfit, The Stills,
    The Futurheads, Bloc Party, Interpol, The Clash (if only), Maximo Park, Hot Chip, Death Cab for Cutie

Okay, this festival would kick ass big time...what would you call it?
  • rufus wainwright/ Ben Folds five (but also performing some ben solo songs) with Scissor Sisters opening

Ok Go/ We Are Scientists with Flight of The Conchords opening

End Of Fashion/ Artic Monkeys with Kings of Leon opening
  • oh no wait, oh my god

the night starts with scissor sisters, then ok go do a complete set, then it's time for a duet with ok go and scissor sisters, then scissor sisters start doing their Take Me Out cover and LE FRANZ COMES OUT AND DOES A DUET! WHOA BABY!
  • QUOTE (countrykicks @ Jun 25 2006, 03:16 PM)
    seeing as there is no limit, take mine as a festival line up

I've seen all of those bands, apart from The Clash, Archie Bronson Outfit (who I've never actually heard of) hot Chip and DCFC... seen most of them at the same festival too lol
  • OK Go, Death Cab for Cutie, All-American Rejects, The Postal Service, Spice Girls, Secret Dakota Ring, DZUSA, Heart, The Lashes, The Strokes, Jack's Mannequin, Frou Frou, Jem, Annie, NIN, Marilyn Manson (I've always wanted to see him live, let me imagine that he woulnd't murder me) and Raffi.

This is possibley the most random group, but if Raffi and Spice Girls were there, it would really bring me back. Who doesn't like Raffi?
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jun 26 2006, 01:51 PM)
    OK Go, Death Cab for Cutie, All-American Rejects, The Postal Service, Spice Girls, Secret Dakota Ring, DZUSA, Heart, The Lashes, The Strokes, Jack's Mannequin, Frou Frou, Jem, Annie, NIN, Marilyn Manson (I've always wanted to see him live, let me imagine that he woulnd't murder me) and Raffi.

This is possibley the most random group, but if Raffi and Spice Girls were there, it would really bring me back. Who doesn't like Raffi?

I love that you said the Spice Girls. I'm also quite fond of your line-up ...I feel I would have to tag along.
  • the strokes, the killers, yeah yeah yeahs, the dresden dolls, regina spektor, ok go, the ditty bops...
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jun 25 2006, 12:10 AM)
    OK Go and Gogol Bordello.

Hell yeah.

Oh. My God. I'd possibly sell my soul to go to that show. That would be the most INSANE show ever. I don't quite know how the fans of the two bands would get along...but man, that would be some quality entertainment there.

Also, I'd love to see Franz and OK Go on tour together. Franz, OK Go and the Cardigans would be even better.

And I would like to see OK Go, The Go! Team and Get Set Go play a tour together. The "Get Set, OK...Go Team! Tour." Wouldn't that be great?

As for none OK Go......I'd love to see the Beatles in concert. Or, I'm with Karleigh, the Spice Girls. NOT together, though, haha. Tragically, both are impossible.....well, one more so than the other....
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 27 2006, 05:21 AM)
    Oh. My God. I'd possibly sell my soul to go to that show. That would be the most INSANE show ever. I don't quite know how the fans of the two bands would get along...but man, that would be some quality entertainment there.

I know! I would like to think that the fans of both would combine under the need to rock out. It would be pure chaos. I just can't decide who should open for whom.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jun 27 2006, 09:59 AM)
    I know! I would like to think that the fans of both would combine under the need to rock out. It would be pure chaos. I just can't decide who should open for whom.

As much as I love OK Go headlining, I think they'd need to open. They have a lot of energy, but it'd be way too hard to beat out Gogol Bordello.