In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• The only thing I clearly recall right now is seeiong OK Go on CD:USA. They did "Oh Lately...". And I know I've heard "Get Over It" on random VH1 commercials and spots.

OHHH...AND they were featured on VH1's Best Week Eever...their pannel was talking about the "A Million Ways" video for a quick second. This was a while back though
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Jun 26 2006, 01:11 PM)
    TV: Cheyenne..DWYW
    Don't ask why I was watching.

ugh, that show is appaling, yet i've seen most of the episodes because i'm a fan of self torture. i don't know what irks me more: cheyenne's nose or her father's beaver haircut. hearing ok go on it was like watching your boyfriend make out with anna nicole.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Jun 26 2006, 03:44 PM)
    hearing ok go on it was like watching your boyfriend make out with anna nicole.

laugh.gif
  • Yesterday morning on GMA there was a short clip (about 1/2 sec or so) of OK Go's latest video on treadmills. I think GMA was talking about the Al Gore/Global Warming parody on YouTube and how it's possible for anyone to post videos online. They showed clips of people lip-synching, etc. When they showed the clip of OK Go they said "odd videos", which kinda made me laugh.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 8 2006, 09:32 PM)
    GMA?

i'm assuming that stands for good morning america...
  • Oh, thanks darbs.
  • Ive yet to see anyone comment about how Damian and Tim were in that "sex myths" thingy on MTV. I remember watching it on National AIDS day and being shocked when I saw them.

Does this count?
  • Yes, but where is that from?
  • iTunes. I saw it yesterday while I was looking for some new music.
  • Hotness, thanks K-K-K-Kelsey.
  • Anytime. I just love seeing the boys out there. I flipped when I saw it. My dad thought I was on crack. It was like 10 at night when I saw it and I just started yelling. Lol.
  • It's kind of like when Katy and I were walking in New York City with her mom and friend, and we saw OK Go's album in an iPod advert (you know, the ones with all the albums zooming into it). And not only was it there, but it was one of the biggest albums displayed and at the very top. We stopped, screamed, and took pictures. Her mom thought we were nuts.
  • QUOTE (Chipanonomous @ Jun 20 2006, 12:00 AM)
    Ok so heres what this is for, for everyone to list where they have heard ok go being on tv in a movie or commercial, etc.

Movies: Wimbledon
    TV: New Years show, VH1 various things
    haha i need some help

Wimbledon is on RIGHT NOW, and I heard "What To Do". biggrin.gif
  • They were featured on JC Penny commercials, of course, and on Las Vegas. But my favorite Ok Go spotting moments tend to be when you don't expect them there:
    Payless shoes commercial
    a Shrek 3 commercial
    Jeopardy- twice. One day they were the wrong answer and the next day they were the right answer.
    Land of Women
    John Tucker Must Die
    She's the Man
    I think Grey's Anatomy and the OC were mentioned
    Scrubs
    all the Nike advertisements
    online on Ask A Ninja
    obviously, This American Life on NPR (Damian's also had a bunch of actual interviews on NPR)
    soon to be alluded to on The Simpsons
    and my absolute favorite place to see them mentioned (well, not mentioned- played out, which is even better): the Cingular commercial which ran for months and months and I think is still running. I smile every time I see it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8C5dX6Ox18
  • They played the video for Here It Goes Again on Spicks and Specks and I've heard them play that song over the ending montage of Sports Tonight.

Richard Wilkins also played the video on a morning "news" show ages ago, but he said they were just random people who dance to random songs. idiot dry.gif
  • I heard "Here It Goes Again" in a commercial for the new Ben Stiller movie. I can't remember the name of it, but he's on his honeymoon, finds out his new wife is a total nutbar, and falls in love with someone else. (Yes, I got all of that from the 30-second commercial.)
  • As Tabetha say they were on las vegas season 4 episode 10. (You can watch the episode on daily motion) they "teach" the treadmill dance
  • The other night I dreamt I saw a commercial that was playing Bye Bye Baby... I got all excited and exclaimed "I have to put this in that thread on the boards!!!" And then I woke up. Pissed me right off lol.