In this Discussion

OK Gio at Woodfield?

edited November -1 in OK Go
Anyone have anymore information on this show?
Like where I can see it at the mall. That mall is massive and if I'm driving there I want to make sure to see the guys laugh.gif

Comments

• WOODFIELD MALL, HELL YEAH!
    I will be taking some combination of the CTA and PACE buses to get there. I like to arrive in style.

Does the fact that they're playing at a MALL make anybody besides me and Pam think of Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now" video?

Sorry, Melanie, I have no real details to share. Is it sponsored by a magazine or something?
  • "There doesn't seem to be anyone arooooooouuuuunnd..."

It is a pretty weird place for the boys to play, but I'll be there. I haven't heard anything other than the date/place. If they don't give us any more info, I'll just go early and walk around and find where they will play. Plus, I need to get some shopping in anyways.
  • dude i totally thought of that tiffany video. haha okgo and a mall, wow i wanna go.
  • haha yeah what a ridiculous video. Oh the 80s...

Why are the guys playing at a mall?
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jun 26 2006, 07:28 PM)
    Why are the guys playing at a mall?

i think it's an elaborate scheme to get us to buy them new clothes...
  • Lol they don't need us to buy them new clothes, they're allowed to like go in shops and take what they like for free. Its so unfair.....

Well, as long as its arranged. Otherwise that would be stealing haha.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jun 26 2006, 09:03 PM)
    Well, as long as its arranged. Otherwise that would be stealing haha.

Yeah, Jen, I was gonna' say...unless that's contractually agreed upon....that's slightly illegal....Damian doesn't need to be arrested again. tongue.gif biggrin.gif
  • Whoa! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yes, details!

Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore?
  • I wish I could go ...*sigh*
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jun 28 2006, 07:40 PM)
    Whoa! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yes, details!

Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore?

It's a 30 minute acoustic set. Sponsored by MTV & JC Penney. You can go and tryout to win two tickets to the MTV VMAs. And you get to listen to the boys. I'll post something more about it later.
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore @ Jun 29 2006, 08:11 AM)
    It's a 30 minute acoustic set. Sponsored by MTV & JC Penney. You can go and tryout to win two tickets to the MTV VMAs. And you get to listen to the boys. I'll post something more about it later.

Cool, thanks.

Probably a stupid question: will it be inside the JC Penney store or elsewhere in the mall?
  • anyone have any further info on this event?
    did it already happen?
  • QUOTE (debaser @ Jul 2 2006, 06:31 PM)
    did it already happen?

no, it's this saturday (july 8th)

"OK Go will be playing a 30-minute acoustic set at the Woodfield Mall in Schaumberg, IL on July 8th. Are they busking, you ask? No, smartass They're rocking the JCPenney VMA Insider Contest. Show up at the Woodfield, and not only will you get to watch Tim destroy a glockenspiel with his pure rockinzeal, but you'll be able to enter a contest to attend the MTV Video Music Awards, where not a single glockenspiel has ever been endangered. To audition, you need to be there at 11am. To be rocked by OK Go, show up around 3pm. To watch a bunch of Real World and Road Rules "personalities" stop acting polite and start being real on a stage in a mall, you'll want to get there early and stay all day. Should be fun."
  • The Banana Splits!

Hey, debaser, welcome smile.gif
  • so, i used to work at woodfield (worst idea ever) and you know that huge middle part, like if you're by the puma store and look down, its like this huge like empty middle part, sorta by marshall fields...... thats where all the like music/radio/everything events are......
  • OMG SAI!!!!!'

HELLO!

(you probably wont read this like ever!! we haven't spoken for like, years. And I dont have AIM anymore sad.gif but its great to know you're still around!!)
  • QUOTE (minia @ Jul 3 2006, 01:11 PM)
    so, i used to work at woodfield (worst idea ever) and you know that huge middle part, like if you're by the puma store and look down, its like this huge like empty middle part, sorta by marshall fields...... thats where all the like music/radio/everything events are......

Thanks!
  • So who all is going to this? I am.
  • QUOTE (poison @ Jul 6 2006, 10:59 PM)
    So who all is going to this? I am.

Me, of course. You know, it's sad when I finally see they are playing a show that's almost 2 hrs away from where I live, and I think "Yes! Finally one where I live!" Then again, compared to 18+ hrs driving for a show, it really is in my backyard.

Poison, you didn't happen to keep your sign from Lolla, did you? I should make another one, it would fit the whole "mall/teenager" vibe.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jul 7 2006, 12:44 PM)
    Me, of course. You know, it's sad when I finally see they are playing a show that's almost 2 hrs away from where I live, and I think "Yes! Finally one where I live!" Then again, compared to 18+ hrs driving for a show, it really is in my backyard.

Poison, you didn't happen to keep your sign from Lolla, did you? I should make another one, it would fit the whole "mall/teenager" vibe.

What's sad is we're so excited for this show, and it still isn't exactly a real one. Chicago's had the auto show in February and now this mall show in July, but the last proper show was all the way back in November!
    Why do they hate us so?

And yes, two hours to travel to a show is nothing (although I live ~20 miles from there, it will defo take 2 hours to get there on public transport, ha ha!), compared to how far both of us have travelled to shows in the past cool.gif

It's pathetic, I know, but I do still have my sign from Lolla from last year. I think I have the one we made for Tim. Shall I bring it with me on the bus?