In this Discussion

Say it ain't so!

edited November -1 in General Discussion
i found this out today.... and i swear alittle bit of me died today. cause i grew up with this band. but i do have to point out that after green, i kinda lost alittle interest in them. i miss the blue and pinkerton days.

i just thought anyone who is a weezer fan should know.
weezer

Comments

• Dude, it's Rivers. He changes his mind almost daily, nothing's definite. Brian even scrapped some of his plans with the Space Twins so they could discuss some of Riv's latest writing.
  • i died the day the green album came out. i just pray that this is true. i can't handle another horrible abbum.

i liked the thread name. i thought it was cute smile.gif
  • QUOTE (76 @ Jul 12 2006, 08:17 PM)

i think you're cute...
  • im a big wezer fan but im not gona get too upset.
    cause they just came out with a cd and im sure hes just takin a break.
    people do that.
    id rather him be happy taking a break than un happy and playing.
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Jul 12 2006, 09:16 PM)
    im a big wezer fan but im not gona get too upset.
    cause they just came out with a cd and im sure hes just takin a break.
    people do that.
    id rather him be happy taking a break than un happy and playing.

perhaps it will be a good thing that he took a break and maybe they'll actually sound like they use to if they decide to make another album.

but i'm not going to lie i lost interest with the guys after their 3rd album.
  • His new songs sound pretty ridicul0us. Plus he just got married so we can't expect him to be angsty or..well, decent anymore.
  • i think it's all the meditating on the mountains and far secluded areas...
  • QUOTE (76 @ Jul 12 2006, 08:17 PM)
    i died the day the green album came out. i just pray that this is true. i can't handle another horrible abbum.

i agree.

yes i thought the thread name was cute as well.
  • Well, I guess "Make Believe" wasn't the best album to start your WEEZER collection with. Hell, it's not even the best album to end your WEEZER collection with.
    I've been a really huge fan of them for a while but decided to make "Make Believe" the first album by them I would buy. BIG mistake. The album is horrible and perhaps has scared me for life with them. I KNOW they are a great band, let's just call this a little snag? The worst part is that I tried to deny that the album was horrible. Sure, I can find something in every song that will keep me from changing the track too quickly, but I've only listened to it all the way through about twice since I've had it...and it's been a while.

sad.gif
  • i would say blue or pinkerton was the best.

awww the one of the best gifts i got for my birthday was the blue album on vinyl. i was all happy. i just need pinkerton on vinyl.
  • QUOTE (AndiBOT @ Jul 13 2006, 12:32 AM)
    Well, I guess "Make Believe" wasn't the best album to start your WEEZER collection with. Hell, it's not even the best album to end your WEEZER collection with.
    I've been a really huge fan of them for a while but decided to make "Make Believe" the first album by them I would buy. BIG mistake. The album is horrible and perhaps has scared me for life with them. I KNOW they are a great band, let's just call this a little snag? The worst part is that I tried to deny that the album was horrible. Sure, I can find something in every song that will keep me from changing the track too quickly, but I've only listened to it all the way through about twice since I've had it...and it's been a while.

sad.gif

Start with Blue, then listen to Pinkerton, but don't give up if you don't like it after the first try. A lot of people find that you have to sort of get to know it.