In this Discussion

OKgo.

edited November -1 in OK Go
Liking the band.
I wish we were able to see all the band members pictures and info.
Like age and pictures and hobbies.
Maybe some stalkers might find it helpful.

It's safe to say that OK Go is my second favorite band.
Clit 45 Floats my boat.

Do the band members actually look at this?
One question right thurrr.

Comments

• QUOTE (Casey @ Aug 6 2006, 01:08 PM)
    Liking the band.
    I wish we were able to see all the band members pictures and info.
    Like age and pictures and hobbies.
    Maybe some stalkers might find it helpful.
    It's safe to say that OK Go is my second favorite band.
    Clit 45 Floats my boat.

One question right thurrr.

I would have absolutely no idea, considering I am just as new as you happy.gif and mighty pissed off because amazon.com hasn't delivered my OKGo CDs yet. mad.gif I actually think it's kinda nice not knowing squat about the band, other than names. Every other fandom I've been in we've all known way too much about the members it's bordered on creepy.
  • QUOTE (Casey @ Aug 5 2006, 10:08 PM)

Not lately, but they have in the past.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 6 2006, 02:05 AM)
    Not lately, but they have in the past.

then that will make me excited.
    maybe because i love tim.
    and damian.
    now, i also look to see if guys have side burns and glasses.
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 6 2006, 05:16 AM)
    I would have absolutely no idea, considering I am just as new as you happy.gif and mighty pissed off because amazon.com hasn't delivered my OKGo CDs yet. mad.gif I actually think it's kinda nice not knowing squat about the band, other than names. Every other fandom I've been in we've all known way too much about the members it's bordered on creepy.

Yes, God I also think it's nice, but a bit frustrating to discover them lately.
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 6 2006, 12:16 AM)
    Every other fandom I've been in we've all known way too much about the members it's bordered on creepy.

Who says we don't know everything about them? We just don't like to share. It keeps the stalkers at bay.
  • QUOTE (dieu @ Aug 6 2006, 03:27 PM)
    Yes, God I also think it's nice, but a bit frustrating to discover them lately.

Hey, dieu, I took that picture! biggrin.gif Pretty cosmic moment just now, seeing it as your icon.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 7 2006, 08:27 AM)
    Who says we don't know everything about them? We just don't like to share. It keeps the stalkers at bay.

lol OK well I'll rephrase. It's nice that every bit of information about them is available to the public.

I mean, if you want to know everythin about Hansons lives ... it isn't too hard to find. Their SOs and children are even mentioned on their wikipage lols.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 7 2006, 02:50 AM)
    Hey, dieu, I took that picture! biggrin.gif Pretty cosmic moment just now, seeing it as your icon.

really??oh how luccky are all of you are!I only have pics and nothing more!
  • there was a huge info post on this one of the juggling club board at some point. it got kind of way of track if i remember, but there is some good information in there.

i love to know song meanings, so if anyone has info on that for some of their songs, share please.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Aug 8 2006, 04:26 AM)
    there was a huge info post on this one of the juggling club board at some point. it got kind of way of track if i remember, but there is some good information in there.

i love to know song meanings, so if anyone has info on that for some of their songs, share please.

I am personally of the belief that a song means whatever you believe it does, but it would be interesting to know what the band thinks. happy.gif Often my interpretation of a song is nothing like the composers, lol.
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 7 2006, 01:38 PM)
    I am personally of the belief that a song means whatever you believe it does, but it would be interesting to know what the band thinks. happy.gif Often my interpretation of a song is nothing like the composers, lol.

Same here. BUT when your interpretation matches the band's....dont you feel a special connection....Or maybe it's just me. I guess Im weird like that.
  • QUOTE (DidiKiwi @ Aug 8 2006, 04:51 AM)
    Same here. BUT when your interpretation matches the band's....dont you feel a special connection....Or maybe it's just me. I guess Im weird like that.

lol as I said, often my interpretation is different. Of course, that's because often the dick that wrote the song is a Christian and the song is about God or something, and I'm just like, "WTF Where did God come into that? IT'S A LOVE SONG YOU TOOL"

OK, I actually can see where God comes into the song but it only clicks after the composer says, "The song is about God, yo".

So I don't often experience special connections. Sniff. Fingers crossed maybe I'll have some special connection with OK Go, lmao.
  • Well, after finding out what "Bye Bye Baby" was about, I started not wanting to know what their songs meant because it wasn't as awesome as I thought. Or in the case of "Return," it's too depressing.
  • so what is "Bye Bye Baby" about? i know what Return is about though. i think that is the only song of theirs that i know the meaning of.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Aug 8 2006, 01:17 AM)
    so what is "Bye Bye Baby" about? i know what Return is about though. i think that is the only song of theirs that i know the meaning of.

If I remember right, it's about Damian and a cat that ran away.

Someone correct me?
  • oh okay, thanks. well that makes sense.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 7 2006, 09:58 PM)
    If I remember right, it's about Damian and a cat that ran away.

Someone correct me?

To be more descriptive....

It's about Damian's fickle cat. Apparently, she was always very moody and flakey (basically, she didn't like Damian), so when Damian went off to college, it was no surprise that she ran away. However, this is not the end of the story. Apparently, Damian later saw Cybil (his cat) on TV in a cat food commercial, so, she left him "bound for careers and richer soils" and "Hollywood [looked] oh-so-good, much better than it ever [had] before."
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 9 2006, 12:23 PM)
    To be more descriptive....

It's about Damian's fickle cat. Apparently, she was always very moody and flakey (basically, she didn't like Damian), so when Damian went off to college, it was no surprise that she ran away. However, this is not the end of the story. Apparently, Damian later saw Cybil (his cat) on TV in a cat food commercial, so, she left him "bound for careers and richer soils" and "Hollywood [looked] oh-so-good, much better than it ever [had] before."

lols. that BITCH.
  • Wow, that's a phrase I haven't heard before. Sure, I've hear that's sexy, that's hot, that's nifty, but never that's bitch.
  • haha I like it. I've said that's bitchin, but never without the -in. I guess God can do whatever she wants so it works pretty well.