In this Discussion

tattoo help

edited November -1 in General Discussion
As you all know, I just had my 18th birthday two days ago. So legally, I am able to get a tattoo without my parents permission. My mom reminded me of this today, and I got the idea of getting a tattoo. I plan on getting on later this week, but I don't know what I want. I wanted something that I won't regret getting in 10 years, but I also wanted it to deal with music. We all know that our music tastes change over the years.

I was considering getting something about OK Go, but I wasn't too sure. I'm pretty sure I'll like them in 10 years; I can definitely see them sticking around for that long. I think. But I don't know what I would get about them.

Does anyone have any ideas about a tattoo for OK Go? I would appreciate it.

Comments

• QUOTE (Jaded @ Aug 8 2006, 01:09 PM)
    As you all know, I just had my 18th birthday two days ago. So legally, I am able to get a tattoo without my parents permission. My mom reminded me of this today, and I got the idea of getting a tattoo. I plan on getting on later this week, but I don't know what I want. I wanted something that I won't regret getting in 10 years, but I also wanted it to deal with music. We all know that our music tastes change over the years.

I was considering getting something about OK Go, but I wasn't too sure. I'm pretty sure I'll like them in 10 years; I can definitely see them sticking around for that long. I think. But I don't know what I would get about them.

Does anyone have any ideas about a tattoo for OK Go? I would appreciate it.

Hm..in my opinion, I don't think you should get an OK Go tattoo..
    I would probably never get a tattoo of a band..but it's all your choice.
    But getting the lyrics of an OK Go song would be pretty rad.
  • I'd wait a little while longer Jade too. I was going to get a treble clef on my wrist when I turned 18. I'm nearly 21 now, and I'm really really glad that I didn't. But if you yourself are musical, I think a treble or bass clef would be pretty awesome

Wow they're pretty big!!
  • I agree with not getting a band tattoo- at least, not like, the OK Go logo. If there's a line from a song that you really love, then that might work.

I really like the treble/bass clef idea, too. That would be classic and I don't think you'd regret it in 10 years.
  • I've actually thought of doing the same thing when I turned 21 and I'll be in England, and if you really want one, I think you should get it.

If you get something OK Go, you should get lyrics like katy said. Lyrics can have a meaning forever, wherever you are in your life.

"Mediocre people do exceptional things all the time," is one line that speaks to almost everyone, so when you're 80, it'll still be a sort of inspiration. Also, you'll think back to the happy times you had with OK Go and all the friends you made, and that's something that will always lift you up, no matter what happens. Getting a logo is silly because it makes you seem like a groupie or something, lyrics are much deeper, and most people won't know where they came from.

Also, I think you should put the tattoo in a place that can be easily hidden and won't droop with age and children. I've found that the back or right under the breast is best.
  • everyone seems to have good advice...so i'll just add the other obvious:
    let us know what you decide...hope it's not painful and that you love it!
  • get a tatoo on your fore arm, like pete doherty's "libertine" tatoo, quite fashionable! thats where i would get mine i want to get "eleven" on my forearm, do it! we can be tatoo buddies!
  • do you guys remember the gorgeous melle??

she had a tattoo on her back with stars and the line "you were supposed to grow old" from return in memory of her friend.

anyhoo, just do whatever speaks to you. if you love it now, you should at least like it by the time youre old and saggy. =D im sure youll make the right decision!!
  • I realized there's another place you could put the tatoo: on the side of your body (under where your arm rests).
  • QUOTE (sara with no h @ Aug 8 2006, 08:12 PM)
    do you guys remember the gorgeous melle??

she had a tattoo on her back with stars and the line "you were supposed to grow old" from return in memory of her friend.

I totally went to dig up her picture, but the link isn't working anymore! And it's such a gorgeous tattoo, hopefully she'll see this and post a picture. I think band tattoos, and lyrics as well, are pretty cheesy, but she did it in a very beautiful way.

I have a small tattoo, but I had it planned out for two full years before I actually got it done... I'm very glad I did this. If I was okay with something being on my body for the rest of my life, I could wait two years to get it done.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Aug 8 2006, 09:32 PM)
    I have a small tattoo, but I had it planned out for two full years before I actually got it done... I'm very glad I did this. If I was okay with something being on my body for the rest of my life, I could wait two years to get it done.

Ooooh, good point. I've been contemplating getting a tattoo, too (a small star, just below the small of my back), but it's something I plan to think about for a while before actually getting it done. I'm probably going to wait until I finish college or something.
  • man i cant wait till im 18.
    im gona get piercings all over the place and a tatoo that covers my whole arm.
    i say to you jade
    get a giant tree on your back
  • ^^yesss. I agree! Get a tree! A big huge bush of a tree! get a pine tree so that you can decorate it with piercings for christmas. lol
  • will you get a matching tatoo with me?
  • GET A BARCODE ON YOUR LOWER BACK,OR WRIST, OR ANKLE, OR WHAT EVER.
  • on my.... nothing nevermind...
    will you get a matching tatoo with me?

hmmm. i dunno. ur pretty sketchy. I'd have to ck with my mom first.

GET A BARCODE ON YOUR LOWER BACK,OR WRIST, OR ANKLE, OR WHAT EVER.

one day. one day. we will be scannable. we will never again need money. they'll just scan us.
  • im not sketchy! what are you talkoing about? (psst wanna buy some pills?)
  • yes you are! you're sketchy! You like sketches! I only by pills from my dealer. I get a better price that way. You're tres expensive.
  • i skeltch like a beast, you wish you were sketchy like me!
  • oh but i am! i'm by far the sketchiest sketcher in all of sketchtown, usa. you don't know me! you skeltch like a beast, I squitch like a squid. Beast vs. Squid! who will win?