In this Discussion

Interesting timeline

13»

Comments

• QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 9 2006, 01:44 PM)
    Yeah, he even does Dallas to "The Fix Is In," it doesn't sound right, but he still does it.

He does it to every city on "The Fix Is In," not just Dallas.

'Course, it's a little bit specialer when you see them play that in Boston now......biggrin.gif

Also, Leno performance definitely was DWYW, not AMW. I remember staying up to watch it and Damian looking all awkward as Leno finished off the show. And that they wanted to do the AMW dance, but couldn't because Leno's got a strict no lip-synching policy apparently.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 9 2006, 01:58 PM)

'Course, it's a little bit specialer when you see them play that in Boston now......biggrin.gif
    Also, Leno performance definitely was DWYW, not AMW. I remember staying up to watch it and Damian looking all awkward as Leno finished off the show. And that they wanted to do the AMW dance, but couldn't because Leno's got a strict no lip-synching policy apparently.

Yup, I remember that.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 9 2006, 12:58 PM)

I like "When we got to Aus-tin", because it fits so perfectly and I usually sing it like that anyway. But, yeah, Katy, I'd love to go to a Boston show, just for that song. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (poison @ Sep 9 2006, 09:12 PM)
    I like "When we got to Aus-tin", because it fits so perfectly and I usually sing it like that anyway. But, yeah, Katy, I'd love to go to a Boston show, just for that song. smile.gif

I'm going to start singing it with the word Austin when I get lonely. Mmmm, I love Austin. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (poison @ Sep 9 2006, 09:12 PM)

It's pretty awesome. He gets as far as "When we got to Bos-" before everyone freaks out and starts screaming, haha.
  • QUOTE (poison @ Sep 8 2006, 11:53 PM)
    Eh, Sheri and I can respond simultaneously.
    One of my favorite parts of any recent OK Go show is the end of DWYW, where they draw out the DO. WHAT. YOU. WANT., repeat it a couple of times, and usually end with "THANK. YOU. [insert city]. GOOD. NIGHT."
    I don't know why, but I love it.
    Anyway, partway through DWYW at Woodfield mall that afternooon (I was so hungover and the whole day was really trippy. I was in the suburbs, watching OK Go at a mall. WTF?) I thought ahead to the end of the song and wondered what Damian would do, since he's usually so good at localizing lyrics ["when we got to Aus-tin..."]. Thank you Schaumburg, goodnight??? I don't know...
    So I was super happy (I know Pam shared my joy, too tongue.gif ) when he changed the end to "Thank you Woodfield Mall, GOOD AFTERNOON!"
    It was just so funny. And witty. And Damian. wink.gif

Oh Poison, I love you.. I wonder if I would go to the Amsterdam show, if he'd do "THANK. YOU. AMSTERDAM. GOOD. NIGHT." ? I'm sure he would.

And now I'm the one posting while hung over huh.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 10 2006, 06:40 AM)

That's what you get for getting wasted everynight!

biggrin.gif wink.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 10 2006, 05:40 AM)

Lush.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 10 2006, 06:36 AM)
    It's pretty awesome. He gets as far as "When we got to Bos-" before everyone freaks out and starts screaming, haha.

haha... I remember when I first heard The Fix Is In, and I freaked out even though I was by myself on the computer.
    I can imagine how great it'd be at a concert. It makes me really excited, even though I have no clue when I'll get to see them.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 10 2006, 06:40 AM)
    Oh Poison, I love you.. I wonder if I would go to the Amsterdam show, if he'd do "THANK. YOU. AMSTERDAM. GOOD. NIGHT." ? I'm sure he would.

Why wouldn't he? I think it'd be awesome.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Sep 8 2006, 07:02 PM)
    Yes they did, they didn't perform the DANCE though. Remember how we were all angry because he wouldn't let them dance?

I have it on tape. dry.gif