In this Discussion

Late Breaking: Rusty on TWIB - Today

edited November -1 in OK Go
Dear Americans, and visitors to America, your Rusty is on This Week In Baseball, today:

Only one television show in the world that teaches young catchers how to block the plate, and then features an interview with major league guitarist Andy Ross defending the hapless 2006 Boston Red Sox, and talking about his childhood as a Sox follower. If you're a fan of OK Go, baseball, or any other team in the American League, you should definitely tune in. And if you don't like baseball tune in to the great plays of the week, set to Invincible. That'll convince you. It's This Week In Baseball, this afternoon on Fox - 3:30 Eastern and Pacific. (If not then, try 4:30pm).

Comments

• Hmm... there's currently a baseball game on Fox here. Hopefully they'll still show the interview, seeing as how Astros games tend to go on for ridiculous amounts of innings.
  • Still waiting for the damn baseball to finish. Don't those ball players ever get tired going into overtime?
  • So nothing came on...just baseball game after baseball game.

WHERE'S THE ARR!?

I just watched 6 hours of baseball, I'm quite disappointed!

I hope someone throws it on youtube.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 16 2006, 11:59 PM)
    Still waiting for the damn baseball to finish. Don't those ball players ever get tired going into overtime?

<incert witty steriod joke>

and this is amazing for rusty!
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Sep 16 2006, 04:02 PM)
    <incert witty steriod joke>

Lol! Oh, pandy you are too clever wink.gif

QUOTE (Kikky @ Sep 16 2006, 04:01 PM)
    So nothing came on...just baseball game after baseball game.

WHERE'S THE ARR!?

I just watched 6 hours of baseball, I'm quite disappointed!

I hope someone throws it on youtube.

I got confused J orge said 3:30pm Eastern, which means 12:30 pm on the West coast. I totally missed the show. Oh, I'm sad. I slept thru it. Damn those Saturdays with their sleeping till past noon. So in otherwords, the Rusty thing would have been on before all the baseball started, sort of like a half hour pre-show.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 16 2006, 06:17 PM)
    Lol! Oh, pandy you are too clever wink.gif
    I got confused J orge said 3:30pm Eastern, which means 12:30 pm on the West coast. I totally missed the show. Oh, I'm sad. I slept thru it. Damn those Saturdays with their sleeping till past noon. So in otherwords, the Rusty thing would have been on before all the baseball started, sort of like a half hour pre-show.

I noticed the bulletin right before he was -supposed- to come on (a mere 30 min to spare!) and after changing to Fox, the only thing on for the next 6 hours was baseball. No pre-game stuff at all. The only thing relatively close to where they might have him doing something was the halftime report thing(I didn't even think baseball games had halftimes!), and that was filled with recaps of other games.

I am saddened and angered at not seeing m'boy getting face time. dry.gif
  • i saw it, it was on at 2 here in chicagoland...
  • They didn't show it here. Unless it was on before 1pm when the baseball game started. I watched the whole game and the post show... then some sci-fi show came on.

No Rusty. =[
  • QUOTE (Kaethe @ Sep 16 2006, 07:41 PM)
    They didn't show it here. Unless it was on before 1pm when the baseball game started. I watched the whole game and the post show...

it was probably on before, it was here...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Sep 16 2006, 07:57 PM)
    it was probably on before, it was here...

Was it good? Lots of Andy-filled awesomeness? Spill!
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Sep 16 2006, 08:56 PM)
    Was it good? Lots of Andy-filled awesomeness? Spill!

four or five minutes of andy talking about being a red sox fan... he said something about all of them running to some bar after a gig to watch a game and it was filled with a bunch of yankee fans, so when they cheered for the sox they were kicked out, haha...
  • QUOTE (Kaethe @ Sep 16 2006, 07:41 PM)
    They didn't show it here. Unless it was on before 1pm when the baseball game started. I watched the whole game and the post show... then some sci-fi show came on.

No Rusty. =[

damn astros!! sorry i'm a baseball fan. the guys need are atleast 5 games or more out of the wildcard. what sucks more is that they go into extra innings and end up losing by a run or two. blah.
    yah i didn't get to watch the game cause i was studying for my pcat.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Sep 16 2006, 09:11 PM)
    four or five minutes of andy talking about being a red sox fan... he said something about all of them running to some bar after a gig to watch a game and it was filled with a bunch of yankee fans, so when the cheered for the sox they were kicked out, haha...

hahah! Was he wearing a suit or regular clothes?
    *is imagining him in his suit, standing on the field surrounded by dirty baseball players with dust flying everwhere*
  • grumble grumble...

so it looks like most people missed this, huh?

I wish I could have watched... it makes me happy to know that Andy's from around where I live, and that he's a red sox fan.

however, it looks like they put snippets of the shows up on their site, so hopefully... *crosses fingers*
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Sep 16 2006, 09:31 PM)
    damn astros!! sorry i'm a baseball fan. the guys need are atleast 5 games or more out of the wildcard. what sucks more is that they go into extra innings and end up losing by a run or two. blah.
    yah i didn't get to watch the game cause i was studying for my pcat.

haha. i usually watch the games with my dad, so i've become a fan. yeah, it seems any time i watch lately they lose, usually after going into extra innings. silly astros, win more games!

so i guess no one got the rusty interview taped?
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Sep 16 2006, 10:07 PM)
    hahah! Was he wearing a suit or regular clothes?
    *is imagining him in his suit, standing on the field surrounded by dirty baseball players with dust flying everwhere*

haha, he was wearing a suit, but he wasn't on a field surrounded by dirty baseball players... sorry to ruin the image in your head...
  • Damn...I was at choir auditions. I always miss this stuff. Can anyone post it?
  • This Week In Baseball put the video up on their site.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/twib/index.jsp

The only problem is that they wrote Alex Ross instead of Andy.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Sep 23 2006, 02:23 AM)
    This Week In Baseball put the video up on their site.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/twib/index.jsp

The only problem is that they wrote Alex Ross instead of Andy.

Oh, that Alex! Such a great guy. laugh.gif
  • Intense interview. Andy[Alex, rather...] talking about his dissapointments, the background music, the people's faces...
    YEAH!

Awsome interivew though.