In this Discussion

Rolling Stone

edited November -1 in OK Go

Comments

• it wasnt a fluke!

this anoys me
  • you know what's kinda sad? a lot of people don't realize they are an actual band, they just think that they're some guys on youtube like everyone else on youtube; randomly making videos for attention.
    HIGA is turning out to be a mixed blessing.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Aug 27 2006, 05:52 PM)
    you know what's kinda sad? a lot of people don't realize they are a actual band, they just think that they're some guys on youtube like everyone else on youtube; randomly making videos for attention.

Yeah, I kinda wish they were just *playing* "HIGA" on the VMAs so they'd have a chance to show people that.

Although I commend them for attempting such a feat as doing the treadmill routine live.
  • Gah, I really hope OK Go doesn't become a one-trick pony, or a one hit wonder for that matter.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 27 2006, 08:46 PM)
    Gah, I really hope OK Go doesn't become a one-trick pony, or a one hit wonder for that matter.

Well, seeing as to how they're on their sophmore album and have this much popularity already, I don't forsee them being a one hit wonder. I mean, "You're so damn hot" would have been their one hit wonder, if that were the case. Now the only problem they face is being labeled as "that treadmill dancing band" or something. So, one-trick pony - maybe. One hit wonder - nah.

But we get to say that we were fans BEFORE they took over the world. Back in the days before King Damian Jr ruled the continent. (You know he would somehow infuse world domination with being famous, he's just that twisted, haha)
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Aug 27 2006, 08:54 PM)
    "You're so damn hot" would have been their one hit wonder, if that were the case.
    Not "Get Over It"?
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 27 2006, 09:22 PM)
    Not "Get Over It"?

One of those! I forget which was first. You get the gist though, first album era was what I was getting at.
  • they are a one hit wonder over here with get over it
  • OK, I just got this issue of Rolling Stone today, and that above thing is not the only place OK Go appears. They have this centerfold section for the VMA's in there, and Damian is one of the celebrity judges picking out this year's VMA picks. I would scan it in, but it's a pretty big thing, and he appears a bunch.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 30 2006, 12:09 PM)
    OK, I just got this issue of Rolling Stone today, and that above thing is not the only place OK Go appears. They have this centerfold section for the VMA's in there, and Damian is one of the celebrity judges picking out this year's VMA picks. I would scan it in, but it's a pretty big thing, and he appears a bunch.

I just looked at that page, but I didn't read it. Thanks, otherwise I wouldn't have read till a month later.

Best Video of the Year:
    Nominees: Christina Aguilera - "Ain't No Other Man"; Madonna - "Hung Up"; Panic At the Disco - "I Write Sins Not Tragedies"; Red Hot Chilli Peppers - "Dani California"; Shakira - "Hips Don't Lie"

Damian: This one's really tough, but I'm gonna have to go with Christina, mostly because I feel like you could pin her video right onto the end of "Smooth Criminal" and almost get a feature-length movie out of it. And it's a good video - there are flappers and people dancing aournd, and she has about seventeen hundred different haircuts in the space of three minutes, which is impressive.

Best Female Video:
    Nominees: Christina Aguilera - "Ain't No Other Man"; Kelly Clarkson - "Because of You"; Madonna - "Hung Up"; Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland - "Promiscuous"; Shakira - "Hips Don't Lie"

Damian: There's something going on between Nelly and Timbaland, but I think it's only in those moments when they're in their practice space.

Best Rock Video:
    Nominees:
    Green Day - "Wake Me Up When September Ends"; AFI - "Miss Murder"; 30 Seconds to Mars - "The Kill"; Panic! At the Disco - "I Write Sins Not Tragedies"; Red Hot Chilli Peppers - "Dani California"

Damian: I like the Panic! video because of it's moral - it's always dangerous to invite the circus to your wedding, especially when the bride has a thing for clowns.

Best Male Video:
    Nominees:
    Busta Rhymes featuring Mary J. Blige, Rah Digga, Missy Elliott, Lloyd Banks, Papoose and DMX - "Touch It(Remix)"; James Blunt - "You're Beautiful"; Kanye West - "Gold Digger"; Nick Lachey - "What's Left of Me"; T.I. - "What You Know"

Damian: Busta feels like ballot-stuffing, since he's got two-thirds of the gainfully employed hip-hop musicians in the world in his video, and that's just unfair. So I'm going with Kanye.

I think that's all that was there. I'm tired of typing now.
  • Ha, thanks for typing that up!

I love the one about the Panic! video. The Busta one's pretty good too. lol
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Aug 30 2006, 09:16 PM)
    Best Rock Video:
    Nominees:
    Green Day - "Wake Me Up When September Ends"; AFI - "Miss Murder"; 30 Seconds to Mars - "The Kill"; Panic! At the Disco - "I Write Sins Not Tragedies"; Red Hot Chilli Peppers - "Dani California"

Damian: I like the Panic! video because of it's moral - it's always dangerous to invite the circus to your wedding, especially when the bride has a thing for clowns.

hahaha I love it. Thanks for typing it up!

Someday I should get Rolling Stone.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Aug 30 2006, 10:16 PM)
    Thanks, otherwise I wouldn't have read till a month later.

Just doing my job. wink.gif
  • They're in it again.
  • wow thanks for the scans and type ups of the articles.

Ok Go. will never be a one hit wonder. "HIGA" is just the track that brought them out to the mainstream. I think Get Over It is still much more radio friendly and still gets spins here in Toronto rather then the tracks from the new album.

Regardless of what the rest of the population thinks. Ok Go will still have a soft spot in my heart for many years to come!
  • um, so who the hell at Rolling Stone decided to put that picture in the centerfold?! That makes it really hard for me to cut out and put on my wall....grr dry.gif
  • wtf is Fergie wearing?? Can we just talk about that for a sec?
  • hahaha yeah she looks terrible, and I definitely never wanted to see Pete Wentz trying to make out with a monkey. Not cool.
  • none of those pics are very flattering, actually.
    ( 'cept for Ok Go, of course)

its pretty bad...
    cool pic, though!