In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 21 2006, 05:21 PM)
    Not at all. In fact, I think it's completely normal to want that.

Oh, good. I was feeling kinda' crazy for a bit there.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 21 2006, 09:37 PM)
    Oh, good. I was feeling kinda' crazy for a bit there.

I mean, I talk to the boy pretty much every day. It's kind of weird to go for a while not talking to him. Sometimes I feel like an ass though, simply because my conversational skills at 10 pm are somewhat lacking (I'm fine after midnight or before 10... but from 10-12 I'm a wreck).
  • oooooh. I LOVE A Softer World.
  • QUOTE (stephaustin @ Sep 21 2006, 09:47 PM)
    oooooh. I LOVE A Softer World.

it's one of the most beautiful webcomics (if one can really classify it as a "comic") out there. I remember finding it and reading through the entire archive in one sitting. It's amazing. Joey is also a brilliant writer in general (read his blog).
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 21 2006, 05:39 PM)
    I mean, I talk to the boy pretty much every day. It's kind of weird to go for a while not talking to him. Sometimes I feel like an ass though, simply because my conversational skills at 10 pm are somewhat lacking (I'm fine after midnight or before 10... but from 10-12 I'm a wreck).

Hmm. Boy called me yesterday while I was on the Metro, except I answered saying "Allo?" (which is what I always say, 'cause that's what you say in France), and he said, "Allo, ca va?" back.

And I was like, "Shit. I don't know any French men who would call me on my phone. How do I tell this person that they've got the wrong number?" Plus I was on the Metro and the signal kept going out, so I just hung up.

So I get to my stop and he calls back, and I sort of thought it was him, so I half- attempted to ask "Qui est-ce?" and just went with, "Who am I talking to??"

And I got a very sheepish, "Barry......" back.

sad.gif sad.gif I felt really horrible after that. Way to go me. Boy makes an effort to talk in French and all I can think is, "WHO'S CALLING ME AND WHY??"
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 21 2006, 03:00 PM)
    it's one of the most beautiful webcomics (if one can really classify it as a "comic") out there. I remember finding it and reading through the entire archive in one sitting. It's amazing. Joey is also a brilliant writer in general (read his blog).

I haven't read much of his blog, but I have read a few of his short stories. I've also read a lot of the Unqualified section, which is amazingly fantastic.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 21 2006, 10:03 PM)
    Hmm. Boy called me yesterday while I was on the Metro, except I answered saying "Allo?" (which is what I always say, 'cause that's what you say in France), and he said, "Allo, ca va?" back.

And I was like, "Shit. I don't know any French men who would call me on my phone. How do I tell this person that they've got the wrong number?" Plus I was on the Metro and the signal kept going out, so I just hung up.

So I get to my stop and he calls back, and I sort of thought it was him, so I half- attempted to ask "Qui est-ce?" and just went with, "Who am I talking to??"

And I got a very sheepish, "Barry......" back.

sad.gif sad.gif I felt really horrible after that. Way to go me. Boy makes an effort to talk in French and all I can think is, "WHO'S CALLING ME AND WHY??"

HAHA. I got a weird phone number while at a concert. So, I answered the phone and just got a, "hi!" Not knowing who it was, I tried to go along with it with a "hi, how are you." This continued for a bit before I just gave in and asked who it was. It was ken, calling from a land line at his parent's house in vermont. I can usually recognize his voice off the bat, but the concert made it hard to hear. He occasionally calls up and asks if I need clarification on who exactly I am talking to.

But I'm undergoing a major guilt trip because, while hanging out in another room, I smoked some pot, felt awkward (because I realize that I really don't enjoy getting high all that much, unless it's with close friends), and came back to my room, still stoned. Ken called and I, stupidly, picked up. I know he doesn't care, or at least he says he doesn't (since I really don't smoke much at all. The first time I got stoned was a couple of days before I left for college with my friends. Last night would be the third time I was ever high). but I still feel guilty for some reason or another. Now I'm starting to worry that my insecurities are getting the best of me. I just really like him. I don't want to fuck this up.
  • I am having the worst. fucking. week. ever. EVER.

I'm going to go cry some more now.

Edit: 2,901 posts? wtf?
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 22 2006, 01:17 PM)
    I am having the worst. fucking. week. ever. EVER.
    I'm going to go cry some more now

<3
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 22 2006, 01:12 PM)
    <3

thank'ee.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 22 2006, 03:17 AM)
    Now I'm starting to worry that my insecurities are getting the best of me. I just really like him. I don't want to fuck this up.

thats the weed talking haha. Makes ya craaaaazy!
    And I never tried it til i had a massive relationship crisis. My housemate uses it ALL the time. And so everytime afterwards if she asked if i wanted some I did. And now I dont ever want to do it again, cos I think it was making me abit mental hehehe
  • Feel better, Katy! sad.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 21 2006, 10:17 PM)
    Now I'm starting to worry that my insecurities are getting the best of me. I just really like him. I don't want to fuck this up.

EXACTLY.

QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 22 2006, 03:20 PM)
    Feel better, Katy! sad.gif

Thank you. I'd link you to what I wrote about it in my LJ, but I flocked the entry. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Sep 22 2006, 07:15 PM)
    thats the weed talking haha. Makes ya craaaaazy!
    And I never tried it til i had a massive relationship crisis. My housemate uses it ALL the time. And so everytime afterwards if she asked if i wanted some I did. And now I dont ever want to do it again, cos I think it was making me abit mental hehehe

I actually really don't enjoy smoking unless I feel really comfortable with the people I'm with. I just don't think it's as enjoyable as everyone says it is. Meh.
  • does anyone know anything about cancer in the lymph nodes? if u have it, is it easy to get rid of?
  • You mean Hodgkins Lymphoma? Yeah, a friend of mine has it. Apparently there's an 80% survival rate and a pretty low rate of return, so generally it can be considered a "Good" Cancer to get.

I mean, sure, you still have to go through chemo and shit and that's an absolute bitch, but yeah, it's definitely not one of the nasty ones where you have like, a 10% chance of living.

Do you have a friend or family member who's been diagnosed? 'Cause I'm sure they'll be fine. Our friend was Diagnosed in May and she's doing OK smile.gif
  • AKJHGKJFHG.

I swear to God, if I ever meet Hanson I'm going to kick them all in the shins and attempt to beat some fucking sense into their stupid blonde heads.

They must have all been dropped on the heads as children because ARGH.

It's just so infuriating the way they run their career.
  • ^ Has anything new happened, or is the same old hate? lol
  • apparently they're going to play the HIGA vid on MM in a couple of mins. watch, all you canadian home dogs.
  • I really wanted to say:

"...various filtering techniques were utilized...."

in my lab.

but I just couldn't.

i'm such an ok go nerd.