In this Discussion

I have no idea who most of you people are...

Comments

• I'm Dave...I'm British..and I'm an artist/musician/web-designer/photographer/poet/ex-chef/..I currently have a bad cold so I'm sniffling and sneezing lots..
    I drink tea exclusively and have a tendency to use lots of big words when two or three small ones will suffice..
    I am inseperable from my ipod and my guitars..I read comic-books and probably always will...
    My midnight snack of choice is nutella on toast and I love Lasagne so much that Garfield has nothing on me.
    I love walking in the rain and having snowball fights in just my boxers.
    I hate it when people expect me to WALK up or down an escalator..if I wanted to walk, I would have gon up the stairs.
    My favorite movies are Lost In Translation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind, Moulin Rouge, Almost Famous and So I married an axe murderer.
    I'm actually very shy..but can often come across too friendly with people I've only just met. If I do that with you, my apologies..I'm not stalker-boy just nice:)
    If I call someone a friend..I'm their friend for life (whether they like it or not!)..
    And that's all I think.

Dave
    *sat among a very unattractive pile of used tissues..sigh*
  • pfft leave me out of lists..

umm
    anyways.
    im sarah
    im 15.
    im prety creepy sometimes and no one talks to me in my clases.
    i have lots of stress and i have mental breakdowns every so often.
    umm
    i love unicorns.
    i was born in illinois
    i live in wisconsin.
    uh
    its late
    goodnight.
  • My name is Sarah, I'm 19 and I go to Tulane in New Orleans, but I'm from Washington DC. I've been around here for a while, and right now I'm avoiding writing a bullshit physics essay. I love history, landscape photography, hummus, and midnight beach walks, and I found myself creepily intrigued by someone's post in this thread...ph34r.gif oops. I'm planning on spending next year in Firenze, Italia becoming fluent in Italian so I can become an expatriate as soon as I graduate from college. Oh, and I drink too much. The end.
  • I'm Amy. I'm 18 years-old and I currently live in the wonderful city of Montreal where I am studying at McGill, though I grew up in Connecticut. I like rainbows and Jonathan Safran Foer. I enjoy doing math problems while sipping orange juice and vodka, thought orange juice just plain is fine with me (in fact, my roomies and I go through about a gallon of OJ in 3 days. We calculated). I love the Super-C and, though I complain about them, I love being woken up by the church bells. I used to be a librarian of sorts and that's where I met my bf Ken (who likes making things). I have 6 best friends who are now scattered everywhere but I still love them to pieces. I stay up too late. I am a complete and total theatre geek. I love holding hands and the metro and holding hands on the metro. Geocaching is pretty kick-ass. I get to wear a dress and garter belt tomorrow to go clubbing. I sent a letter to my friend today. I'm sending another one tomorrow. This was too long.
  • QUOTE (retroboy @ Sep 29 2006, 01:54 AM)
    My midnight snack of choice is nutella on toast

wub.gif

I am so obsessed with Nutella right now, it's not even funny. It's currently taking the place of my honey peanut butter addiction.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 29 2006, 12:34 AM)
    wub.gif
    I am so obsessed with Nutella right now, it's not even funny. It's currently taking the place of my honey peanut butter addiction.

Mm, nutella is wonderful I am sitting here staring at a jar of it right now...

My name's Kelly, 20, I'm from Hawaii but going to college near Boston and currently am studying abroad in London. I post more on the JC discussion board, but this one is growing on me.
  • I'm Katie, I'm a 20yo final year journalism/public relations student from the Gold Coast, Australia.

I grew up in Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia for several years when my fathers job (airline captain) took us overseas. I have spent my entire life in tropical/subtropical climates and I hate it. I want to live in the cold and I plan to do so when I graduate in June next year.

I'm a hardcore Hanson fan. If you don't respect that you can quite frankly go to Hell. I currently have a love/hate relationship with the boys and talk about them like they're an exboyfriend of mine that I can't get over. Despite my complaining I believe they are some of the most unbelievably talented men I have ever met and will always forgive their sucky career management when they give me new awesome music. <3<3

I am quite arrogant and can be snarky and mean at times but am working through this problem and attempting to be nicer. I hate liars and will not do so under any circumstances. The truth may hurt but it helps in the long run.

People tend to not like me at first because they think I'm a nasty, cold hearted bitch, but really when you get to know me I am totally awesome and will fight for you to the death if we are friends. I will make your life miserable if you cross me.

I think that is all.
  • QUOTE (yoshixc @ Sep 29 2006, 02:30 PM)
    My name's Kelly, 20, I'm from Hawaii but going to college near Boston and currently am studying abroad in London. I post more on the JC discussion board, but this one is growing on me.

How do I not know you already???? I go to Smith, so I'm always going out to Boston for OK Go shows.

Except I'm in Paris this year, haha.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 28 2006, 09:36 PM)
    Boa vinda, Mia! Meu nome é Katy, eu tenho 20 anos. Eu sou dos Estados Unidos, mas eu moro em Paris por o ano. Você é de quel parte do Portugal? A família de meu pãe mora próximo a Oporto.
    (Dear goodness. I so need to brush up on my Portuguese before classes start...)
    For those who don't read Portuguese, my name is Katy, I'm 20, I'm from the US but I'm living in Paris for the year for school, which is turning out to be not the wisest of decisions because apparently I suck at French grammar.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!YOU CAN WRITE IN PORTUGUESE!
    Sorry the histerycal attack, but God knows that i can't find a portuguese speaker that often. actually, most people have no idea where Portugal is. "oh is it on the north of europe??" duh... i'm not american and i know the name of most of the states.

Olá Katy e muuuuuuito obrigada pelas boas vindas!Eu moro muito perto de Lisboa, mas conheço o Porto e é uma cidade linda, já la foste? Nunca fui aos Estados Unidos mas adorava ir, no entanto, já fui a Paris, é uma cidade fantástica!Adorei. O teu português é optimo especialmente para quem não nasceu cá, é uma língua algo complicada...

And once again for those who do not speak portuguese
    hello Katy thank you soooo much for the welcome!I live next to Lisbon (the capital), but i know Oporto, and it's a beautifull city, have you been there? I've never been to the US but i would love to, however, i was already in Paris, it's an amazing city! i loved it. Your portuguese is great especially for a person who does not live here, i think it's a tricky language...
  • Portugal is in the Iberian peninsula to the west of Spain south of Galicia. woo. Yay Europeans!

I hate nutella. Perhaps because I don't like chocolate all that much and I don't like hazelnuts.
  • I can understand Portuguese but don't actually know how to hold a convo =\... yes I suck.
    I also loooooooooove Nutella aaand Marmite biggrin.gif YUM!

BTW, there are a TON of young people here, I feel old-ish haha *clears throat*

Oh and I don't find Portuguese hard, it's almost *almost people, almost* like Spanish smile.gif, and I'm SUPER flluent in Spanish, no really, I can make the Spain-ian (hahaha) accent, the Argentinian accent, Venezuelan, Puerto Rican BAHAHA! I love them, especially Spanish, the accent is fucking fantastic, and I'm GREAT with slang
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 30 2006, 04:34 AM)
    I hate nutella. Perhaps because I don't like chocolate all that much and I don't like hazelnuts.

blink.gif
    chocolate and hazelnuts are the greatest things in the world!
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Sep 29 2006, 10:10 PM)
    I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!YOU CAN WRITE IN PORTUGUESE!
    Sorry the histerycal attack, but God knows that i can't find a portuguese speaker that often. actually, most people have no idea where Portugal is. "oh is it on the north of europe??" duh... i'm not american and i know the name of most of the states.

Olá Katy e muuuuuuito obrigada pelas boas vindas!Eu moro muito perto de Lisboa, mas conheço o Porto e é uma cidade linda, já la foste? Nunca fui aos Estados Unidos mas adorava ir, no entanto, já fui a Paris, é uma cidade fantástica!Adorei. O teu português é optimo especialmente para quem não nasceu cá, é uma língua algo complicada...

And once again for those who do not speak portuguese
    hello Katy thank you soooo much for the welcome!I live next to Lisbon (the capital), but i know Oporto, and it's a beautifull city, have you been there? I've never been to the US but i would love to, however, i was already in Paris, it's an amazing city! i loved it. Your portuguese is great especially for a person who does not live here, i think it's a tricky language...

Haha, don't worry about the attack. It's true, most people don't know where Portugal is. tongue.gif

Infelizmente, eu não foi nunca a Portugal, mas eu quer ir muito! É 24,99 euros por ir de avião ao Oporto (yay RyanAir!), então é possivel que eu vou este ano. Possivelmente pelo Natal . Não sei. (É Oporto ou Porto em português? Eu não me lembro nunca.) Paris é uma cidade linda. Eu deve a explorar mais. Eu estou muita ocupada desde minha chegada.

Haha, eu não penso que meu português é optimo. Meus cursos de português na Sorbonne commeçam segunda-feira, e eu não me lembro nada! tongue.gif Eu deve estudar. Eu não me lembro os verbes. Ugh. Os verbes. Eu os odio.

(En anglais! (note that "en anglais" is French...):
    Unfortunately, I've never gone to Portugal, but I want to go a lot! It's 24,99 euros to take a plane to Oporto (yay RyanAir!), so it's possible I'll go this year. Possibly for Christmas. I don't know. (Is it spelled Oporto or Porto in Portuguese? I never remember.) Paris is a pretty city. I have to explore it more. I've been really busy since I arrived here.

Haha, I don't think my Portuguese is really good. My Portuguese courses at the Sorbonne start on Monday, and I don't remember anything! tongue.gif I have to study. I don't remember verbs. Ugh. Verbs. I hate them.)

QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 30 2006, 06:34 AM)

That would do it, haha.

QUOTE (Pearl @ Sep 30 2006, 09:16 AM)
    Oh and I don't find Portuguese hard, it's almost *almost people, almost* like Spanish smile.gif

HAHA, my dad would like, die if he read that. (But shhh, it's true. I don't know Spanish, but I can get what people are saying from time to time. But I suppose 7 years of French and a year of Latin also help. tongue.gif)

Also, re: accents, so apparently one of the other Smithies was interviewing for a job teaching Spanish to a little French boy, and his mother asked her, "You don't have one of those homosexual accents from Spain, do you?" She was like, "WTF????????" blink.gif
  • Ooops, I didn't know this existed. Well anyhoo:

I'm Maria, 17, I'm in the SE-London area. I do have insane moments and get more than a little crazy, but the rest of the time I've quite shy and quiet. I can speak Spanish & French (studied for 4 and 5 years respectively).
    I'm taking the International Baccalureat which is an a-level equivilent in English, Spanish, French, Biology, Pyschology and Maths. Which makes me sound really clever, but I'm not tongue.gif
    I also love art but haven't done much for a while, as my art GCSE put me off doing anything for a while.

...that's about it, that I can think of.
  • 10 Things about shades of blue
    (you may need to scroll down a tad.)

...as taken from the the board's class thread: 10 Things about you...
    if you haven't already visited that thread, i recommend!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 30 2006, 11:18 AM)
    Haha, don't worry about the attack. It's true, most people don't know where Portugal is. tongue.gif

Infelizmente, eu não foi nunca a Portugal, mas eu quer ir muito! É 24,99 euros por ir de avião ao Oporto (yay RyanAir!), então é possivel que eu vou este ano. Possivelmente pelo Natal . Não sei. (É Oporto ou Porto em português? Eu não me lembro nunca.) Paris é uma cidade linda. Eu deve a explorar mais. Eu estou muita ocupada desde minha chegada.

Haha, eu não penso que meu português é optimo. Meus cursos de português na Sorbonne commeçam segunda-feira, e eu não me lembro nada! tongue.gif Eu deve estudar. Eu não me lembro os verbes. Ugh. Os verbes. Eu os odio.
    (En anglais! (note that "en anglais" is French...):
    Unfortunately, I've never gone to Portugal, but I want to go a lot! It's 24,99 euros to take a plane to Oporto (yay RyanAir!), so it's possible I'll go this year. Possibly for Christmas. I don't know. (Is it spelled Oporto or Porto in Portuguese? I never remember.) Paris is a pretty city. I have to explore it more. I've been really busy since I arrived here.

Haha, I don't think my Portuguese is really good. My Portuguese courses at the Sorbonne start on Monday, and I don't remember anything! tongue.gif I have to study. I don't remember verbs. Ugh. Verbs. I hate them.)
    That would do it, haha.
    HAHA, my dad would like, die if he read that. (But shhh, it's true. I don't know Spanish, but I can get what people are saying from time to time. But I suppose 7 years of French and a year of Latin also help. tongue.gif)
    Also, re: accents, so apparently one of the other Smithies was interviewing for a job teaching Spanish to a little French boy, and his mother asked her, "You don't have one of those homosexual accents from Spain, do you?" She was like, "WTF????????" blink.gif

i can't believe you guys know all thoselanguages!and even know where is Portugal! I'm amazed!
    But Pearl, don't say to most porguese people that portuguese is almost like spanish, or they'll bite you (joking). I guess it kinda sounds simillar but, actually, they don't understang a word of what we say (except the people form Galicia, the Galego is very very similar to portuguese). So whenever a potuguese goes to Spain, we have to talk Spanish (which is very simple for us) or else, they won't get a word of what we say. And there's another thing that you should know, near by countries, always hate each other. Portuguese don't like spanish and spanish don't like portuguese, just like you americans don't like canadians (that's kinda true isn't it?or am i just saying nonsenses?).

Katy, espero que venhas a Portugal e que gostes muito, apesar de o Porto ser uma cidade cinzenta e fria no inverno, vais ver que tem monumentos lindos e um grande estádio. ah é verdade, em português é Porto apanas, porque o "o" é um artigo, não faz parte do nome. os ingleses ouviam os portugueses dizer "o Porto" e pensaram que era esse o nome da cidade. Acho que vais adorar a comida portuguesa!ainda não conheci ninguem que não tenha gostadoe no Porto come-se bastante bem. Boa sorte com os verbos, que tens razão, são a coisa mais dificíl e chata da língua.pelo menos, o teu português é melhor que o meu inglês tongue.gif

translation
    Katy, i hope you come to Portugal and love it, although Oporto is kinda grey and cold in the winter, you'll see gougeous monuments and the bid stadium. oh by the way, in portuguse is "Porto" only, because the "o" is an article, and it's not a part of the name. the english heard the portuguese saying "o Porto" and thought that that was the name of the city. i think you're going to love portuguese food!i haven't met someone who hasn't loved it and in Oporto, the food is pretty good. good luck with the verbes, it's just the most anoying and difficult part of the language. At least, your portuguese is better than my english tongue.gif
  • My name is Annie, I'm 17, a senior in highschool. I live in Iowa. And..uh...yes, haha. I'm horrible at talking about myself, but I (think) I'm a nice person, so you know. cool.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 29 2006, 06:41 AM)
    How do I not know you already???? I go to Smith, so I'm always going out to Boston for OK Go shows.

Except I'm in Paris this year, haha.

You go to Smith?!!? Haha, one of my good friends goes to Smith and I'm hoping to visit her when I get back spring semester. Although, I have to warn you, I go to Wellesley...but, I don't hate (whoo hoo women's colleges!). tongue.gif Haha, and funny that we're both studying abroad in europe right now, are you in Paris for the semester or year?

Mm, I'm such a fan of Boston--especially since Ok Go frequents the area.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 30 2006, 05:18 AM)

lol then don't let him read this. I mean I know they're not very similar, but because I know Spanish and some words DO sound LIKE Spanish, I've learned to understand it (which also goes for French and Italian laugh.gif, and no I'm not kidding)

ohmy.gif lmfao "... homosexual accents from Spain...?" that is the funniest thing ever. I love the accent of Spanians *yaha* it's great how when the C or Z sound like an S, they pronounce it as if they had a lisp.... that make sense? lol

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Sep 30 2006, 04:30 PM)
    But Pearl, don't say to most porguese people that portuguese is almost like spanish, or they'll bite you (joking). I guess it kinda sounds simillar but, actually, they don't understang a word of what we say (except the people form Galicia, the Galego is very very similar to portuguese). So whenever a potuguese goes to Spain, we have to talk Spanish (which is very simple for us) or else, they won't get a word of what we say. And there's another thing that you should know, near by countries, always hate each other. Portuguese don't like spanish and spanish don't like portuguese, just like you americans don't like canadians (that's kinda true isn't it?or am i just saying nonsenses?).

Aww I'm sorry, I don't want to be bitten, I was bitten already by my dog in the afternoon lol. I don't mean to offend any Portuguese people by saying that though, cuz for ME, it's how I learned to understand the language. WOW I didn't know Portuguese disliked the Spanish and vise versa. As for me, I fucking love Canadians, and well pretty much everyone no matter what country they live/reside in biggrin.gif I'm filled with mucho love baby hehe wink.gif
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Sep 30 2006, 05:30 PM)
    And there's another thing that you should know, near by countries, always hate each other. Portuguese don't like spanish and spanish don't like portuguese, just like you americans don't like canadians (that's kinda true isn't it?or am i just saying nonsenses?)
    bienvenidos?!
    also, i think it happens that US Americans actually like Canadians, but Canadians don't like US Americans. of course that is a generalization, which is not true on this forum as there is mostly much love here.