In this Discussion

Post your picture

Comments

• QUOTE (retroboy @ Sep 28 2006, 07:37 PM)
    Hmm..I wouldn't get that excited! Unless you wanna trade places?? biggrin.gif

Which part you going to?

Somehow I'm going to split my time between Uxbridge and Peterborough. Don't know where I'm going when, but I'll figure it out. Hopefully.
  • Last time I was in Peterborough it was for a work thingy...I remembering it being reeally dull! Maybe it's changed since!
    Dunno about Uxbridge..try further north..it's more fun up here.
  • QUOTE (retroboy @ Sep 28 2006, 08:03 PM)
    Last time I was in Peterborough it was for a work thingy...I remembering it being reeally dull! Maybe it's changed since!

Well, one of my close friends lives in Peterborough, and one of my other close friends lives in Uxbridge/London. I'm going for her birthday party, but I want to see boy, too, so I'll probably wind up flying into Luton and seeing him first and then traveling down to see Jen. Or something like that.
  • edit: oops wrong thread....
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 28 2006, 07:41 AM)
    Somehow I'm going to split my time between Uxbridge and Peterborough. Don't know where I'm going when, but I'll figure it out. Hopefully.

I just did a homestay with a family in Peterborough...it was okay, I'm sure if you know someone in the area it makes it a lot more interesting. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (yoshixc @ Oct 1 2006, 02:46 AM)
    I just did a homestay with a family in Peterborough...it was okay, I'm sure if you know someone in the area it makes it a lot more interesting. smile.gif

Yeah, I have a really good friend (???) who lives in Peterborough, hence me wanting to visit. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (retroboy @ Sep 28 2006, 07:03 PM)
    Last time I was in Peterborough it was for a work thingy...I remembering it being reeally dull! Maybe it's changed since!

um, having spent 12 years of my very soon to be 21 years living in yorkshire, i can tell you that you're sadly misinformed. Up north is NOT more fun....
    and katy, I CAN'T WAIT!! And you know that little problem i spoke to you about?? Its making me feel bad, I feel like such a bitch hahaha!!!!!
    OMG ITS MY PARTY IN 6 DAYS... so you'll be in Uxbridge in 6 days Katy, we know that fo' sure smile.gif
    biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
    sorry lol
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Oct 1 2006, 07:01 PM)
    ..i can tell you that you're sadly misinformed. Up north is NOT more fun....

Spoken like a true Southerner tongue.gif

Well having spent the last 28 years of my soon to be 29 years of life on this Earth living in Bradford, West Yorkshire..I can tell you I have never had more fun and would rather take an ice- pick to my head than live South of the border biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (retroboy @ Oct 1 2006, 07:25 PM)
    Well having spent the last 28 years of my soon to be 29 years of life on this Earth living in Bradford

you poor man..

=p
  • QUOTE (retroboy @ Oct 1 2006, 07:25 PM)
    Spoken like a true Southerner tongue.gif

spoken like a true anus HAHAHAHA tongue.gif

Yeah, I'm southern through and through, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my life being fast-paced, better paid and spent with people who can pronounce their vowels properly... I'd actually rather die than move back up north... Any further north than nottingham and things start to get a little shady

Besides, if you've lived there all your life you can't make a judgement like that. You're biased. I, on the other hand, am not. So nerr tongue.gif
  • ahaha. this is a fun arguement tongue.gif

the U.S. is too big to argue about stuff like that, haha.

and, sadly, I can't give my opinion on stuff like that, as I've never been to england.

( and I can't remember where any of my ancestors were from either. although I know one of my very-many-greats grandmother grew up near the prehistoric art white horse cut-into-the-land thing. I forget where that is too, though. it began with a U, haha.)
  • Thats near some place called Thornsborough apparently... lol

Oh, ok so that just the biggest one. Apparently there's a few. My ex used to live near a big chalk lion thingie, it was pretty damn cool.

I thin you mean Uffington?! Maybe?!?!

(which is, by the way, southern haha)
  • YEAH! that was it! Uffington.

so yeah, I have fairly recent (like, in the last two centuries) ancestors from there, and around there.

but I probably have other ancestors from the northern parts of england, too. I dunno, I have colonial ancestors from england all the way back to pre-U.S.A. times, even the 1600s I think. so they're probably from all over.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Oct 1 2006, 07:36 PM)
    spoken like a true anus HAHAHAHA tongue.gif

Yeah, I'm southern through and through, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my life being fast-paced, better paid and spent with people who can pronounce their vowels properly... I'd actually rather die than move back up north... Any further north than nottingham and things start to get a little shady

Besides, if you've lived there all your life you can't make a judgement like that. You're biased. I, on the other hand, am not. So nerr tongue.gif

Spoken like a true Eastenders cast member..
    Ah but I've spent time down South..the only place I would flat-out make a judgement on not living before actually visiting is Wales...just because.

And yeah..London is fine as long as you enjoy being around the rudest people on god's earth, drug dealers and people who seem incapable of pronouncing 'th' anyway other than 'F'..

yep..nuffink wrong with it tongue.gif

And hey..maybe it's fun now cos you've left laugh.gif
  • LOL well i'm not gonna say anything about the state of bradford, we both know what its like. And considering that every single person that I grew up with hates where I used to live, I can't think that I'm wrong. Oh, and I don't live in London....

And yeah, Wales is wank. SOrry for any welsh people here, but its true. I've been there 3 times now, and I never intend to go again (I am especially pissed at Wales because it made me miss seeing OK Go in february *shakes fist*)
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Oct 1 2006, 03:08 PM)
    And yeah, Wales is wank. SOrry for any welsh people here, but its true. I've been there 3 times now, and I never intend to go again (I am especially pissed at Wales because it made me miss seeing OK Go in february *shakes fist*)

I wanted to learn to speak Welsh once. I still kinda do, actually. although I assume they don't really speak it anymore, it'd still be cool.

then again, I also want to learn Elvish and Esperanto, and have for the longest time.

so maybe I'm just weird, haha.
  • They do speak Welsh lol. Infact, when I was in wales, when we went into their pubs, they all started talking in welsh when we walked in and they heard us talking. Rude huh?! HAHA. Um, so we should post pictures now or something....
    Well, this is me, being a whore, wearing a tie that is for damian hahahaha
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Oct 1 2006, 08:08 PM)
    Oh, and I don't live in London....

So we're agreed then...London sucks?wink.gif

Actually I think I was taken to Wales once when I was very small...I'll never forgive my parents for that biggrin.gif

Nice....tie Jen
  • Because I like pictures:

pre-clubbing. I was a tad tipsy. I resort to my "possum face" when tipsy.
    this is me being surprised by a camera... kind of. I dunno, I was making a weird look.

edit: nvm, it was so big a pic that I was annoying myself. so I removed it. but, they still have Winnie the Pooh in latin at my library. how awesome is that?

and yes, we hang out at the library. because we're just that cool (and our town is sooooo boring that there's nowehere else to go. In bad weather, at least.)

and this is my friends and I being charlie's angels or sumthin, I dunno- she jumped on the trash barrel, so we went with it.
    I'm on the left, with the stupid purse that I barely ever carry around anymore but that I lost yesterday because I'm stupid like that