In this Discussion

I have no idea who most of you people are...

Comments

• Hi, I'm bree. cool.gif
    I'm 25, raised in OC, CA... living/working/going to school in L.A. right now...
    I'm almost DONE with school (BA in Communications) but considering going to Grad School...
    I've done 5 internships, have had 5 or 6 different jobs and changed my major 4 times.
    I can't walk in heels and tend to stop reading books 3/4 of the way through.
    I like good conversationalists and reading Ani Difranco lyrics.
    I don't drink enough water but probably sleep too much.
    I like summer and songs about summer, and I'm addicted to crime-drama shows (CSI, Law &Order)

And I'm at work and probably should be... working. Ha wink.gif
  • I'm Viv, as seen in my display name : ).

Born and raised in San Jose, CA.
    I play a bunch of instruments
    I listen to alot of music
    I'm failing a couple of my highschool classes. : /
    I'm a freshman [14 years of ageeee]
    Andddddddddddd...... That'd be it.

Oh, and I watch Project Runwayy. : D
  • QUOTE (viv @ Oct 2 2006, 03:15 PM)
    Oh, and I watch Project Runwayy. : D

Me too! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (the_bree @ Oct 3 2006, 12:17 AM)
    Me too! biggrin.gif

And about half of the other Boardies as well. biggrin.gif
  • I don't watch project runway.... I don't even know what it's about unsure.gif

And like Bree, I can't walk in high heels either, I'd die if I did... I've actually tried, and I walk weird and stiff, and I'm almost to the point of falling on my ass every time. So no heels for me, just bare feet, sandals, or sneakers.

Also, sometimes, I feel like socks don't let my feet breath, I know it's weird, but it's only sometimes.... when they're like super thick haha *runs*

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 2 2006, 07:14 AM)
    genetical engineering is ssoooo awsome also!I'd love to graduate on that but i'd never get a job here...

OMG I know!! I'm gonna learn my way through while he does... don't want him to be smarter than moi lol. But yeah, he just wants to alter DNA and such... for the greater good of MANKIND!!!!!!
  • Pearl, just because your brother wants to be a scientist, doesn't mean that he's going to be smarter than you!Sience isn't only for genious (i'm not that smart and i love science). wink.gif

And Bree, i think that there are only about 5 people in the whole world that like being on heels and do not suffer. i'm not one of them tongue.gif. Usually, i just use my converse and just in extreme cases (weddings and proms) i use heels. Why be unconfortable when you can be confortable?
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Oct 1 2006, 10:52 PM)
    When I turn 21, I'm having a Kulash 5 party. (That's actually the name of the party - Kulash 5) You're all invited. Utterances of "pamplemoose" will ring throughout the room. It shall be gloriously OK Go remniscent.
    I like starting projects and accidentally taking forever to finish them(see "Kim's OK Go Interview Database website")

"Kulash 5: It's like a hurricane hit in here!" Yeah, man. wink.gif

Also, WHY don't we just do the fan db on LJ??? Then I could actually, like, help you with it.

Mia-

Eu amo a comida portugesa! Eu a como a toda de minha vida (I feel like I added an extra word in there or something... blink.gif), porque minha avõ mora nos Estados Unidos (em Newark, New Jersey, hee). Mas ela vendeu sua casa e ela quer voltar a Portugal.

Eu sou triste agora porque meu só curso de sesta-feiras é o português! Bah! Eu não quero os cursos de sesta-feiras. tongue.gif Também, eu começo o português de Portugal, mas eu estudei o português do Brésil os dois anos na universidade. Eu não sei se é muito mais difícil ou não, o professor do português quem fez "les inscriptions" pelos cursos disse "não" e minha anfitriã (é a palavra??), quem fala o português, disse "sim." blink.gif

(Translation!:
    I love Portuguese cooking! I've eaten it all my life, because my grandmother (my dad's mom) lives in the US (in Newark, NJ, hee). But she sold her house and she wants to go back to Portugal.

I'm sad now because my only Friday class is Portuguese! Bah! I don't want Friday classes! tongue.gif Also, I'm starting Portuguese from Portugal, and I've studied Brasilian Portuguese for two years in college. I don't know if it's going to be a lot more difficult or not, because the professor who did my class sign-ups said "no" and my hostess, who speaks Portuguese, said "yes." blink.gif )
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 3 2006, 01:36 PM)
    Eu amo a comida portugesa! Eu a como a toda de minha vida (I feel like I added an extra word in there or something... blink.gif), porque minha avõ mora nos Estados Unidos (em Newark, New Jersey, hee). Mas ela vendeu sua casa e ela quer voltar a Portugal.

Eu sou triste agora porque meu só curso de sesta-feiras é o português! Bah! Eu não quero os cursos de sesta-feiras. tongue.gif Também, eu começo o português de Portugal, mas eu estudei o português do Brésil os dois anos na universidade. Eu não sei se é muito mais difícil ou não, o professor do português quem fez "les inscriptions" pelos cursos disse "não" e minha anfitriã (é a palavra??), quem fala o português, disse "sim." blink.gif
    (Translation!:
    I love Portuguese cooking! I've eaten it all my life, because my grandmother (my dad's mom) lives in the US (in Newark, NJ, hee). But she sold her house and she wants to go back to Portugal.

I'm sad now because my only Friday class is Portuguese! Bah! I don't want Friday classes! tongue.gif Also, I'm starting Portuguese from Portugal, and I've studied Brasilian Portuguese for two years in college. I don't know if it's going to be a lot more difficult or not, because the professor who did my class sign-ups said "no" and my hostess, who speaks Portuguese, said "yes." blink.gif )

Eu tb adoro a comida de cá, posso dize-lo porque já estive noutros países e senti tantas saudades da comida...Não há nada no mundo que se iguale à comida da avó não é?tongue.gif
    Eu cá apoio a tua anfitriã/senhoria, acho que o português do Brasil é mais fácil, porque os brasileiros nunca aplicam as formas verbais que deviam dando enormes pontapés na gramática. Mas se calhar não vais achar muito mais complicado porque já tens as bases.
    A tua anfitriã/senhoria é portuguesa? é que em Paris há imensos portugueses, especialmente gardiennes (é assim que se escreve não é?o meu francês está tãaao enferrujado...). Pode-se ouvi-las a falar francês nas ruas e a dizer as asneiras em português. Eu achei extramente engraçado porque percebia ambos: a conversa e as asneiras.
    Se algum dia precisares de alguma coisa nas aulas de português, diz qualquer coisa wink.gif

I also love portuguese food, I can say that cause i've been to other countries and i've missed the food very bad...Plus, there's nothing like grandma's cooking righ?tongue.gif
    I support your hostess, I think that the brazilian portuguese is a lot easier, because brazilians never apply the correct grammar forms and they kick the grammar so bad. But maybe you won't find it very complicated because you've already got the basis (the hardest part).
    Is your hostess portuguese? There are many portuguese in Paris, especially as gardiennes (that's how it's written right?my french is soo rusty). You can hear them everywhere talking in french and swering in portuguese. I thouht it was very funny, cause i could undertand both the conversation and the swering.
    If you ever need some help in you portuguese, just say, cause I'll try to help you uin anyway I can;)
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 3 2006, 03:54 AM)
    And Bree, i think that there are only about 5 people in the whole world that like being on heels and do not suffer. i'm not one of them tongue.gif. Usually, i just use my converse and just in extreme cases (weddings and proms) i use heels. Why be unconfortable when you can be confortable?

Then WHY do they MAKE so many more pairs of fabulous looking heels than they do flats? Its unfair, I tell you
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 3 2006, 05:54 AM)
    Pearl, just because your brother wants to be a scientist, doesn't mean that he's going to be smarter than you!Sience isn't only for genious (i'm not that smart and i love science). wink.gif

lol I know, but since I was always good in every Science class, I didn't want him to be ""ahead"" of me. But I wouldn't call me smart either lol, but yeah.

QUOTE (the_bree @ Oct 4 2006, 04:02 PM)
    Then WHY do they MAKE so many more pairs of fabulous looking heels than they do flats? Its unfair, I tell you

I know! I can take pics upon pics of all the magazines I have, and all the beautiful high heeled shoes they have,it's INSANITY! I mean, Allure would be enough to make you go gaga, for shoes that you know you can't walk on! But there are a few flats that I could take pics of and post them here, and btw they are BEAUTIFUL! I love shoes... as long as they're not high tongue.gif... I think I should learn to walk on them... but it'll be hard to find BIG shoes... I have big feet sleep.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 1 2006, 06:55 PM)
    Obvious solution? Invent teleporters.

You've seen what happened in "The Fly," haven't you? ohmy.gif

We'll turn into Jeff Goldblum bug things if we go down that road..

...and maybe we'll grow wings in the process, so that actually isn't too bad of an idea...hmmm...
  • NOOOOOOO! I don't want to look like a weirdo fooking fly!

Yeah we'll grow wings, along with other unspeakable things! Then how are we gonna be loved!? You saaaaaaw what happened in the movie right.. we won't be accepted and get killed by HUGE FLYSWATTERS!!!!!

*sniffle* Where's the Doc's car when you need it?
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ Oct 5 2006, 09:04 AM)
    NOOOOOOO! I don't want to look like a weirdo fooking fly!

Yeah we'll grow wings, along with other unspeakable things! Then how are we gonna be loved!? You saaaaaaw what happened in the movie right.. we won't be accepted and get killed by HUGE FLYSWATTERS!!!!!

At least we'll all be able to identify one another during concerts. And we'd definitely stand out in the crowd....
  • hahaha that's very true... it'd be nightmarish though tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (the_bree @ Oct 4 2006, 10:02 PM)

That's why we have to thank everyday to protucts like "dr. schools party feet" and all of those little things that make our lifes better. It's so unfair that heeled shoes make us so elegant, i totally, agree with you. These people are unfair to women!

QUOTE (Pearl @ Oct 5 2006, 06:18 AM)
    I know! I can take pics upon pics of all the magazines I have, and all the beautiful high heeled shoes they have,it's INSANITY! I mean, Allure would be enough to make you go gaga, for shoes that you know you can't walk on! But there are a few flats that I could take pics of and post them here, and btw they are BEAUTIFUL! I love shoes... as long as they're not high tongue.gif... I think I should learn to walk on them... but it'll be hard to find BIG shoes... I have big feet sleep.gif

I also have big feet (size 6) compared with most portuguese women that have really small feet. Plus I acn't wear pointy shoes or else i'll look look a yetti trying not to fall whenever i get in contact with a carpet.
    At least, we don't have to wear corsets!There's always a bright side in everything biggrin.gif
  • Well I don't know what size I am in Portugal, I only know I'm a US size 10 or 11 in womens shoes.... so that's pretty big compared to my mom or sister *or anyone else in my ENTIRE family for that matter*, cuz my mom is a size 6 and my sister a 7 1/2... so yeah big difference lol... oh pointy shoes are only for very pettite women, I tried to wear some once but I looked like a freak laugh.gif... Oh and I used to wear corsets lol but that was looong ago... they were pretty with jeans wink.gif... maybe I should get me one some time... but of course I won't like strangle my body with it.
  • I decided here would be a good place to make my first post here.

I am a giant robot currently living in a large shoebox located in Worcestershire. I also like OK Go.
  • welcome to the lovely okgo forums, viv and polaris! smile.gif
    have fun posting and i recommend checking out the board's class thread: 10 Things About You...
  • ALOO! welcomes welcome biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ Oct 7 2006, 08:48 AM)
    Well I don't know what size I am in Portugal, I only know I'm a US size 10 or 11 in womens shoes.... so that's pretty big compared to my mom or sister *or anyone else in my ENTIRE family for that matter*, cuz my mom is a size 6 and my sister a 7 1/2... so yeah big difference lol... oh pointy shoes are only for very pettite women, I tried to wear some once but I looked like a freak laugh.gif... Oh and I used to wear corsets lol but that was looong ago... they were pretty with jeans wink.gif... maybe I should get me one some time... but of course I won't like strangle my body with it.

the 6 was in US size. the translation for the european sizes is 40.
    So your feet are waaay bigger than mine!you'd never find shoes here, so you're very lucky.
    wow you wore a corset?you're my idol! laugh.gif