In this Discussion

BUZZFEST 18 in Houston!!!

2»

Comments

• Dude, this sucks. Oct 8th is the day after my birthday and one of the days of my fall break. I won't be doing anything that entire weekend, but yet I can't be in Texas because I can't afford the ticket to go home. You suck, Houston.
  • Is anyone planning on going? I think I might have a chance to go because it's in the Woodlands. The tickets are crazy expensive but I think OK Go is worth it. It's OK Go or I go see MCS with AAR in November. I don't know what to choose.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Sep 12 2006, 05:51 PM)
    Is anyone planning on going? I think I might have a chance to go because it's in the Woodlands. The tickets are crazy expensive but I think OK Go is worth it. It's OK Go or I go see MCS with AAR in November. I don't know what to choose.

I'm 90% sure that I'm going to be there... but I still haven't bought a ticket. I'll let you know when it's official.
  • The show was yesterday. The boys were great... I felt really bad for them in their suits in the 100 degree sun. Actually, I think it was like 95 about then, but I'm not sure. Either way they were facing the sun, so it had to be extremely hot. I was practically dying standing there in my jeans and tank top... oh, and I didn't get to meet them again. =[ Apparently they did a signing at 2pm before I got there (long story, one of the girls in my group bailed about 30 minutes after gates opened, she was also our ride, so we had to find someone else to take us, it was 1:40 by the time we left, took an hour to get there, and i missed everclear)... but I got some pictures and had a great time overall yesterday. Minus when the Lost Prophets fans tried to kill me and when some guy threw his beer into the air and my hair got coated in it.

Pictures:

almost all of Dan's face!

Tim in purple shirt.

damian, dan, rusty.

this one's my favorite.

dancingg

also like this one quite a bit.

ok, maybe i lied.. this one might actually be my favorite. i heart dan... and he looks like he might be having one of those religious concert moments.

I have a lot more... I just haven't gotten around to uploading them. I'll let you know when I finally do.
  • awesome photos smile.gif
    i think the last one might be my favorite too. he kinda looks like he's trying to be a televangelist or something.
  • damn!i can't i live in Texas. sad.gif By the way, nice pictures wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Kaethe @ Oct 9 2006, 03:18 PM)
    damian, dan, rusty.

Ummm, that is my arm pointing at the guys. LOL

Show was great. They rocked and the crowd (over 3000 people) seemed to love it. It sucked when some crowd surfer kicked me in the head, sending my perscription sunglasses flying, but I guess I learned a lesson: never wear perscription sunglasses when people are crowd surfing. :=D
  • QUOTE (Kaethe @ Oct 9 2006, 05:18 PM)
    dancingg

How does that man get skinnier every time I see a picture of him?
  • QUOTE (loonieman @ Oct 9 2006, 03:36 PM)
    Ummm, that is my arm pointing at the guys. LOL

Show was great. They rocked and the crowd (over 3000 people) seemed to love it. It sucked when some crowd surfer kicked me in the head, sending my perscription sunglasses flying, but I guess I learned a lesson: never wear perscription sunglasses when people are crowd surfing. :=D

haha. no way.
    i'd never be able to tell if that was me.
    awesome.

sucks about your glasses... when i went back to the side stage later i saw the remains of a few pairs of glasses. i'm just glad mine didn't get knocked off.
  • What did you do to the Lost Prophets fans?
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Oct 9 2006, 11:24 AM)
    i think the last one might be my favorite too. he kinda looks like he's trying to be a televangelist or something.

^^ Lol!! That's so true. Aww, poor loonieman. If I could I'd sue for you! These pics are wonderful, Kaethe wink.gif
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Oct 9 2006, 05:27 PM)
    What did you do to the Lost Prophets fans?

Well, I did mention I wasn't really a lost prophets fan. But that wasn't the problem... it was just a really violent show. In which I got kicked in the head by a couple crowd surfers nearly fell and got buried by a pile of people... let's just say the kicks to the head were lucky. One girl with a broken collarbone was taken away on a stretcher with another guy who had a broken nose. The majority of the show I had some random guy literally holding me up and nearly lost my glasses 3 times. However, i was more concerned about my camera than my life.

This is (from left to right) me, my step bro, and my dad with OK Go at the autograph booth.

The last photo of my sunglasses EVER. LOL.
  • Hahahaha, Damian's pretending to be in your family.