In this Discussion

Anyone want to go with me to the (Friday) Nov. 10 show in Chicago?

edited November -1 in OK Go
I already bought two tickets and I'm definitely going, but I don't want to go alone or go with someone who won't want to get there early or hang around afterward. And I don't know if I'll be able to find someone who'll go at all at this point, regardless of hanging around afterward.

Seriously, let me know.

Comments

• If I wasn't in Sweden right now, I most definitely would go with you! I hope you find someone, but you should definitely go even if you don't smile.gif
  • Aw, that's sweet of you! smile.gif Damn world travelers! wink.gif I'm jealous, actually ...

Yeah, I'll definitely go even if I end up alone, although I'm sure hubby will have crazy fears of my being abducted if it comes to that ... lol

Serves him right for not being willing to stay up late when he has to go to work at 7:30 the next day. Pfff, how many times have I done that? Many ...

Anyway, people, who lives in this area? Or who wants to plan a fun-filled trip to Chicago for the weekend?? Spontaneity is the spice of life, dahlings!

sad.gif I'm very nice, really.

Edit: Oh, great--I just turned into "Duuuung!" LOL That's just not attractive.
  • I am actually looking for someone to go with as well! I have a friend that is "interested," but she definitely isn't as interested as say, someone who actually likes/listens to/knows of OK Go.

I mean, depending on where you live in IL and such, we could definitely do it. Road trip, perhaps? Or I would have to take the train up (I'm in Indianapolis). And of freaking COURSE I would be up for getting there early, hanging out afterwards, stalking them at their hotel disguised as waiters...

You know what I mean. smile.gif
  • OK, will someone pay for me to fly to Chicago and go with you guys?
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Oct 22 2006, 08:30 PM)
    Aw, that's sweet of you! :) Damn world travelers! ;) I'm jealous, actually ...

Yeah, I'll definitely go even if I end up alone, although I'm sure hubby will have crazy fears of my being abducted if it comes to that ... lol

Serves him right for not being willing to stay up late when he has to go to work at 7:30 the next day. Pfff, how many times have I done that? Many ...

Anyway, people, who lives in this area? Or who wants to plan a fun-filled trip to Chicago for the weekend?? Spontaneity is the spice of life, dahlings!

:( I'm very nice, really.

Edit: Oh, great--I just turned into "Duuuung!" LOL That's just not attractive.

I'm jealous of all the world travellers, too. Hopefully I'll get to visit Carin in London in the spring...

I doubt you'll be abducted at the show. The neighborhood isn't that sketch (it's a hundred times less scary than when they played at the open end gallery down in the warehouse district...that was creepy!) -- but it's my neighborhood, so perhaps I'm just defensive. But you'll be find if you end up going alone.

I'm going to the show with a couple of friends (I don't remember which ones are coming, exactly), so I think it's gonna be a little chaotic just keeping up with them. Otherwise I'd offer to meet up with you. I'll likely end up seeing you there anyway.

Also, if you have a chance to have dinner before the show, check out either Lula or Dunlay's, which are in the same building as the venue. Both excellent, although Lula will probably make you feel like you are not hipster enough to eat there, cause it's just one of those places. There's good Mexican food around, too.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Oct 22 2006, 09:15 PM)
    And of freaking COURSE I would be up for getting there early, hanging out afterwards, stalking them at their hotel disguised as waiters...
    Hello, new friend. Let's talk. I'm PMing my number.
    Don't count yourself in yet; I have to determine whether you're klepto, pyro, or otherwise psycho and everything. smile.gif

QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Oct 22 2006, 10:12 PM)
    OK, will someone pay for me to fly to Chicago and go with you guys?
    Hee. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (poison @ Oct 22 2006, 11:15 PM)
    I'm jealous of all the world travellers, too.
    Oh wow, I didn't even realize she's in London. She's one of them too! Agh!

Thanks for the food tips. And the lowdown on the neighborhood.

Do you have any pics of yourself posted anywhere? To recognize you if I see you. I've got pics on MySpace.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Oct 22 2006, 09:15 PM)
    I am actually looking for someone to go with as well! I have a friend that is "interested," but she definitely isn't as interested as say, someone who actually likes/listens to/knows of OK Go.

I mean, depending on where you live in IL and such, we could definitely do it. Road trip, perhaps? Or I would have to take the train up (I'm in Indianapolis). And of freaking COURSE I would be up for getting there early, hanging out afterwards, stalking them at their hotel disguised as waiters...

you should drive to the show and pick me up on your way...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Oct 23 2006, 08:47 AM)
    you should drive to the show and pick me up on your way...

*hehehe* I would if I didn't have a phobia of driving and getting lost, much less driving and getting lost on the way to Chicago!

If you are anywhere around Indianapolis though, the more OK Go fans, the merrier! I could definitely drive or take a train better if someone else was there. Of course, I have to wait and see what Sheri says and if she determines me to be a psycho on the net. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Oct 23 2006, 03:53 PM)
    *hehehe* I would if I didn't have a phobia of driving and getting lost, much less driving and getting lost on the way to Chicago!

If you are anywhere around Indianapolis though, the more OK Go fans, the merrier! I could definitely drive or take a train better if someone else was there. Of course, I have to wait and see what Sheri says and if she determines me to be a psycho on the net. biggrin.gif

i was down in indianapolis for kill hannah yesterday at the emerson theater, but i don't live down there, i live in a little town called lake village, which you would pass were you to drive from indy to chicago... but i understand the whole phobia of driving / getting lost, i had it for many years, i still don't particularly like driving, especially to places i've never been, but i do it every now and then... i'll probably just end up taking a train to chicago for the show myself...
  • Does anybody happen to have an extra ticket for Friday? My friend wants to go but she doesn't have a ticket, and the show is now SOLD OUT!

Also, I have to share: my coworker is coming to the show on Thursday. With her daughter. And two granddaughters who are 13 and 15. I'm so excited because I've been chattering to her about OK Go for a year and a half and she's finally coming to a real show. cool.gif
  • QUOTE (poison @ Nov 6 2006, 10:49 PM)
    Also, I have to share: my coworker is coming to the show on Thursday. With her daughter. And two granddaughters who are 13 and 15. I'm so excited because I've been chattering to her about OK Go for a year and a half and she's finally coming to a real show. cool.gif
    That's pretty cool smile.gif

In-store Friday at the Best Buy on Elston at 6pm! Woohoo!!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 7 2006, 10:28 PM)
    That's pretty cool smile.gif

In-store Friday at the Best Buy on Elston at 6pm! Woohoo!!

Is that us? As in, Chicago?!? (Not sure where Elston is)
  • Yes, ma'am!!
  • Must...fight...jealousy!
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 8 2006, 07:20 AM)
    Yes, ma'am!!

I think I just peed myself. And I have class in 20 minutes.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 8 2006, 09:14 AM)

20 minutes?.. you got plenty of time to change your pants...
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Nov 8 2006, 07:36 AM)
    Must...fight...jealousy!
    Aw ... sorry! I've been there sad.gif

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 8 2006, 09:14 AM)
    LOL What a day we shall have ...

QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Nov 8 2006, 09:31 AM)
    20 minutes?.. you got plenty of time to change your pants...
    laugh.gif Perhaps she was not carrying a spare pair.

Man, I am six years old on Christmas Eve right now. I can't believe it's tomorrow.