In this Discussion

U.S. Tour Dates, in case anyone's confused ...

13»

Comments

• I hope I didn't miss this somewhere, but I am confused about
    the Nov 21st show in Charlotte, NC at Amos' South Bend.

When I go to E-tickets to buy tickets, it says the show has been cancelled sad.gif
  • QUOTE (ncgal @ Oct 31 2006, 08:27 PM)
    I hope I didn't miss this somewhere, but I am confused about
    the Nov 21st show in Charlotte, NC at Amos' South Bend.

When I go to E-tickets to buy tickets, it says the show has been cancelled sad.gif

That is correct. sad.gif It's on the OK Go website:

Charlotte Show Has Been Cancelled
    This is really sad news indeed. Sorry to everyone who already bought tickets and was already lining up to dip their spoons into OK Go's river of rock. There's no makeup date scheduled at the moment, but we'll get the boys back there as soon as we can. It's a promise. Refunds should be available at point of purchase.
  • Oct 26, 2006

This is really sad news indeed. Sorry to everyone who already bought tickets and was already lining up to dip their spoons into OK Go's river of rock. There's no makeup date scheduled at the moment, but we'll get the boys back there as soon as we can. It's a promise. Refunds should be available at point of purchase.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Oct 31 2006, 08:32 PM)
    Oct 26, 2006

DArn... thank for posting the info guys, for some reason the info on the news page wasn't popping up for me.

sad.gif
  • How was the SF show last night? Did anyone go? I totally missed it. sad.gif
  • Hey All-
    New member here! I've been trying to get some tickets for the show in Boston, I tried to sign up for the Friends with Benefits newsletter but when I hit submit nothing happens and I'm brought back to the sign-up page with my information still on the form. Is anyone else having this problem or was anyone able to sign-up?
    Let me know!
    Devon
  • QUOTE (Devon @ Nov 9 2006, 04:41 PM)
    Hey All-
    New member here! I've been trying to get some tickets for the show in Boston, I tried to sign up for the Friends with Benefits newsletter but when I hit submit nothing happens and I'm brought back to the sign-up page with my information still on the form. Is anyone else having this problem or was anyone able to sign-up?
    Let me know!
    Devon

If you're referring to the newsletter signup on OKGo.net, it's been out of comission for a while(since at least Feb.)

I told Andy, Pete, and Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore about it, but no one seems to want to fix it. Your best bet it to email info@okgo.net and tell them you want to be added to the list and that the submission form is still out of comission.

oh, and welcome! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 9 2006, 03:50 PM)
    If you're referring to the newsletter signup on OKGo.net, it's been out of comission for a while(since at least Feb.)

I told Andy, Pete, and Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore about it, but no one seems to want to fix it. Your best bet it to email info@okgo.net and tell them you want to be added to the list and that the submission form is still out of comission.

oh, and welcome! laugh.gif

Thanks so much for the info about the okgo.net newsletter. But the newsletter I was referring to was on ThePheonix.com and if you sign up you apparently get a ticket to see OKGo in Boston smile.gif
  • **bump

Ok Go is coming to the Glendale arena with several other acts for a local radio station's christmas show. The concert will feature AFI, Taking Back Sunday, The Plain White T's, Ok Go, Say Anything, and Shiny Toy Guns. Since many of you boardies have more concert experience than I do, I have some questions.

Are any of these bands any good? (I'm already familiar w/ Plain White Ts)

Do you think the lads will even come out for a meet and greet w/ so many other bands performing and by being at such a large arena? (There is a merch area, lobby, and snack bar at the arena)

Will the lads get that much time to perform if so many other acts are also performing?

Is it worth going?

Any thoughts from any other AZ boardies?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 24 2006, 11:27 PM)
    Do you think the lads will even come out for a meet and greet w/ so many other bands performing and by being at such a large arena? (There is a merch area, lobby, and snack bar at the arena)

I want to say yes, but lately they haven't been coming out for all of their shows, so I don't know. I think you'll definitely be able to see Dan walking around somewhere because you can always find Dan.

Will the lads get that much time to perform if so many other acts are also performing?

They won't be playing as long as if they were headlining, but I think it would be a little longer than a whole day festival show. I've only seen OK Go headline, open, and play at a daytime radio festival, and I've never been to my local radio station's Christmas show. My guess is that it would be under 40 min but more than 25?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 25 2006, 12:27 AM)
    Ok Go is coming to the Glendale arena with several other acts for a local radio station's christmas show. The concert will feature AFI, Taking Back Sunday, The Plain White T's, Ok Go, Say Anything, and Shiny Toy Guns. Since many of you boardies have more concert experience than I do, I have some questions.

Are any of these bands any good? (I'm already familiar w/ Plain White Ts)

My husband likes AFI. I'm not too familiar with the other bands, but I would guess that AFI would be headlining, with maybe TBS/OK Go on right before them. When I saw a Christmas show (in Phoenix smile.gif) with Barenaked Ladies, they did play a good 13 or 15 songs, but they were headlining. The band before them (Vertical Horizon) played for maybe 40 minutes. The bands that were at the beginning got maybe 25 minutes of playing time.

However, this was at a much smaller venue than Glendale Arena, so there may be a bigger amount of time that the bands will play. When I saw Linkin Park at the Tucson Convention Center, Xzibit (or whatever his name is) and Mudvayne played before LP and they seriously played for like 45 minutes each. In the case of X-to-the-Z, 45 boring minutes. In Mudvayne's case, it was 45 extremely painful ear-shattering minutes.

After their performance, they may actually go out by their merch table and sign stuff. Maybe yes, maybe no. I would lean towards yes, and you'll probably see Dan around anyway because he seems to like to roam.

Is it worth going?

Depends. You might get to see the boys up close and personal and they may play for almost an hour. You have to decide if the time spent getting to the arena, the money spent on a ticket if you only want to see one band, and the annoyance of being around lots and lots of people. wink.gif Ok Go seems to come through AZ quite often, so personally, I might wait for a smaller venue on OK Go's next tour. But then, I'd also be driving up from Tucson, so there ya go. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Suggrr @ Dec 2 2006, 07:09 PM)
    My husband likes AFI. I'm not too familiar with the other bands, but I would guess that AFI would be headlining, with maybe TBS/OK Go on right before them. When I saw a Christmas show (in Phoenix smile.gif) with Barenaked Ladies, they did play a good 13 or 15 songs, but they were headlining. The band before them (Vertical Horizon) played for maybe 40 minutes. The bands that were at the beginning got maybe 25 minutes of playing time.

However, this was at a much smaller venue than Glendale Arena, so there may be a bigger amount of time that the bands will play. When I saw Linkin Park at the Tucson Convention Center, Xzibit (or whatever his name is) and Mudvayne played before LP and they seriously played for like 45 minutes each. In the case of X-to-the-Z, 45 boring minutes. In Mudvayne's case, it was 45 extremely painful ear-shattering minutes.
    After their performance, they may actually go out by their merch table and sign stuff. Maybe yes, maybe no. I would lean towards yes, and you'll probably see Dan around anyway because he seems to like to roam.
    Depends. You might get to see the boys up close and personal and they may play for almost an hour. You have to decide if the time spent getting to the arena, the money spent on a ticket if you only want to see one band, and the annoyance of being around lots and lots of people. wink.gif Ok Go seems to come through AZ quite often, so personally, I might wait for a smaller venue on OK Go's next tour. But then, I'd also be driving up from Tucson, so there ya go. smile.gif

Suggrr!!! I've missed you and your adorable singing nun icon. (I don't know why I call her the singing nun. She could also be the flying nun. Or then again she could just be a plain nun.) Thanks for the really great advice. Yep, AFI is the headliner. I just got tix for the show. Hopefully it'll be good. Although a smaller venue w/ the lads would be far superior. Then again, the arena does have a nice merch area to explore.

(BTW, my classmate just told me recently that her cousin is the drummer for Mudvayne. Never cared for the band, but then she told me that and I was like "whaaaa???" She's not one to lie either, so I don't think she was pulling my leg) Hope things are going well in Tucson wink.gif
  • I'm starting to get excited! But I'm also terribly frightened ad the same time. The Feb 26th Portland date is still jumping on and off Snow Patrol's page. Their myspace says nothing about it. OK Go says nothing about it, and The Silversun Pickups don't mention a thing on their official web site. On their myspace, however, they have the venue listed and it says "Feb 26th, Memorial Coliseum, Silversun Pickups with Snow Patrol and OK Go"!!!! That's the only place anywhere that says it though. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I think they are already super high! I've sent messages to Silversun and also to Snow Patrol. Silversun says on their page that that show is the start of the SP tour... And that OK Go is signed on for that whole tour... I really hope so!!