In this Discussion

Irving Plaza sold out in one week

edited November -1 in OK Go
i went to Irving plaza to buy some ok go tickets for the show on the 18th this afternoon and they were sold out! Irvings so big and it was only one week. i'm so sad about this. according to my friend they've been sold out since weds, bu i checked online and it was still allowing me to buy tickets from tickemaster so i figured there would still be some but no such luck. this really really sucks.

Comments

• ohmy.gif ohmy.gif that sucks...

I wouldn't think it would sell out either, but... now I'm scared.

I still haven't found any ticket info on the Boston show, and that's before the Irving Plaza show, and I'm desperately afraid I've missed something and I won't be able to go if I figure it out too late.

I wish I could help, but I can't. maybe someone will come on here (or somewhere else?) looking to sell their tickets, but that's always a gamble. sorry!
  • that really sucks dude. i wasnt expecting that at all. sad.gif
  • Oh my god. One year ago (a little less than that actually. I think I went late October), at my first OK Go concert at Irving Plaza, there were people still buying tickets at the door.

Weird yo.

Here's hoping you find a way to get tickets hun. <3
  • Check eBay, I'm pretty sure I saw Irving tickets for sale yesterday. Mind you, they might be pricey.

:\
  • I'll check ebay now, i'm still shocked it sold out so quickly.

whoa those are waay too expensive on ebay, i definitely can't afford that right now because of stupid application fees.
  • Wow...I really can't believe this. I thought I wouldn't be able to wait until the last minute with this show, but I can't believe Irving Plaza sold out so fast. I'm going to keep checking with Ticketmaster on the off chance they release more tickets...once it gets closer to the show there will be some on Craig's List, although I'm concerned about how much they'll cost. Crazy. I'm also mildly concerned about being like, the oldest person there. I love the kids, but I don't like feeling like a grandma.
  • Who all is going to the Irving Plaza show in a couple of weeks?
    I am really excited, but also fearing a crazy crowd.... wondering how soon to line up outside??
  • I say 4 hours before if you want to be in front.

Bring a book.

...AND BRING ME, ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Nov 6 2006, 01:33 AM)
    I say 4 hours before if you want to be in front.

Bring a book.
    ...AND BRING ME, ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!

You got it, I'll cram you into my suitcase, or I'll just tell Lee he has to stay at home smile.gif

Book, no problem. Also, it's in a cool area so Lee and I can trade off wandering around.

I'm saddened by the recent reports that they're not coming out after shows anymore...boo.

PS Does anyone know what Pete Smolin looks like?
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Nov 5 2006, 11:44 PM)
    You got it, I'll cram you into my suitcase, or I'll just tell Lee he has to stay at home smile.gif

Book, no problem. Also, it's in a cool area so Lee and I can trade off wandering around.

I'm saddened by the recent reports that they're not coming out after shows anymore...boo.

PS Does anyone know what Pete Smolin looks like?

Hahahaha, why? Are you going to be seeing pete? Man, no fair. Say hi to Milosh for me and Jen, seriously. Tell him that we will be driving 14 hours (there and back) to see the guys in Atlanta. Oh man, you're going to have so much fun!
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Nov 5 2006, 08:44 PM)

Don't get too disappointed just yet. At the show last Wednesday Dan was standing in the lobby talking to a couple fans and also there was a small grouping of people waiting next to their tour bus outside. And yet, I still didn't hang around to meet them. I am dumb.
  • The guys were around after the San Francisco and Sacramento shows. They didn't come out right after the show, but they came out eventually and talked and signed stuff and took pictures. You'll probably be able see Dan. He's always the first one I see whenever I go to shows.
  • they did release more tickets but i found out AFTER the fact. there are still tickets for a concert they're doing in NJ but i don't have anyone to drive me there. if they were playing The Stone Pony it would have been alright but...they're not.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Nov 6 2006, 03:50 PM)
    they did release more tickets but i found out AFTER the fact. there are still tickets for a concert they're doing in NJ but i don't have anyone to drive me there. if they were playing The Stone Pony it would have been alright but...they're not.

Can you do NJ Transit?

Directions from the Starland website:

-By train: Take a NJ Transit train to the South Amboy stop on the New Jersey Coast line. From there, contact a local cab company (see below) to take you to 570 Jernee Mill Road. Visit NJTransit.com for information on train arrival and departure times.

Local cab companies:

B & E Taxi
    (732) 721-9286

South Amboy Taxi
    (732) 727-5569

Amboy Checker
    (732) 826-2050

Amboy Yellow Radio Taxi
    (732) 826-7500

I'd imagine you could call around to those taxis and see how much it would cost you to get from the train station to the venue, and how much it would cost you to get back.

Also, the 17th is a Friday, yes? So the NJ Transit trains between NYC and NJ should run late that night. Plus it's on the NJ Coast Line, so you won't have to change in Newark Penn Station. (I have to take the Raritan Valley Line from where I live, and that only runs into Newark, so I always have to switch to the NJ Coast Line or the Northeast Corridor Line there, which is annoying. Man. The amount of time I spent sitting around in New York Penn Station coming back from concerts this summer...)

NJ Transit schedule from NY Penn to South Amboy

NJ Transit schedule from South Amboy to NY Penn

I'd totally go out and meet you at the South Amboy station and drive you to the concert, except, um. I'm very clealy NOT going to be there. sad.gif
  • thanks for the offer, that was really cool of you. Also thanks for all the information I'll try and work this out with my mom. if i bring a friend she should have no problem with me catching a taxi.
  • Yeah! Jellobomb, don't give up.

good luck!!

smile.gif
  • Yeah! Jellobomb, don't give up.

good luck!!

smile.gif

Yeah! Jellobomb, don't give up.

good luck!!

smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Nov 6 2006, 10:34 PM)
    thanks for the offer, that was really cool of you. Also thanks for all the information I'll try and work this out with my mom. if i bring a friend she should have no problem with me catching a taxi.

Definitely look into it. Like I said, I take NJ Transit to get into the city to go to concerts all the time, so you should have no problem taking it out of the city. smile.gif