In this Discussion

Glass House Show

edited November -1 in OK Go
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and I've got the OK Go fever bad. Their show on Wednesday at the Glass House was amazing... my first time seeing them live. I was ridiculously close to the stage on Tim's side... Good lord, it was awesome!!

I am swimming in a pool of my own regret though, because I didn't stay afterwards to meet the boys. I have no idea what was wrong with me. Someone please tell me it'll all be okay... that they'll be back around and I'll meet them next time! tongue.gif

Oh well. At least I got merch up the wazoo. I can't leave my house now without at least one article of OK Go clothing on me. biggrin.gif

Comments

• You'll have more oportunities to meet them, I'm sure.
    I've never been to an ok go show, so think positive.
  • They'll be back. They're sweet that way. That's why I love them. They want to meet the fans as much as the fans want to meet them. Welcome, ZzLeigh. You'll like it here. We're all crazy. Where are you from?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 4 2006, 02:30 PM)
    They'll be back. They're sweet that way. That's why I love them. They want to meet the fans as much as the fans want to meet them. Welcome, ZzLeigh. You'll like it here. We're all crazy. Where are you from?

I'm in Laguna Beach CA.
  • HELLO!!!

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 4 2006, 08:30 PM)
    They'll be back. They're sweet that way. That's why I love them. They want to meet the fans as much as the fans want to meet them.

Aren't the guys from our favourite band sweet???

Any pictures of this concert, anyone?
  • i'm watching the videos up on youtube and it looks like it was an awesome concert. did anyone on here manage to catch one of the tambourines they threw into the audience during don't ask me?

and don't regret not waiting around for them. like everyone's been saying, it's such an awesome experience just to be at one of their concerts and yeah, i'm sure that they'll be back.

and...kinda off topic bc it was at a different concert (SF) but this is such an awesome video... http://youtube.com/watch?v=pFzAD_X-FX4

EDIT: btw, regarding the youtube videos...it kind of threw me when naturalhistory called Damian "Nate" (in the video about freebird/what to do). i mean, i understand "D amien" and even "Damina" but...where'd "Nate" come from?
    EDIT2: apparently naturalhistory is a Format fan as well biggrin.gif ...Nate Ruess is the lead singer of the Format.
  • It was a really fantastic show. My friend took a lot of pictures and videos and he's burning a CD with all that stuff on it for me tonight... so hopefully soon I'll have some stuff I can share with everyone.

I WISH I caught one of those tamborines, Tim and Damian threw like, ten of them out into the crowd. A girl who caught one left it on the merchandise table by accident after she bought some stuff, but I quickly grabbed it and my friend chased her down to give it back.

Haha, and thanks everybody for not only the warm welcome, but for making me feel a little less regretful that I didn't meet them. Next time, next time! Definitely next time. tongue.gif
  • Yeah!!

Gonna watch them as soon as possible.

My internet is crappy today.

dry.gif
  • I was there! And sadly, I did not catch a tamborine. Was it just me, or was this show more populated with tall-ish men (boys?) than not?

It was funny when the girl in the audience asked them if they would dance and Damian yelled "I AM NOT YOUR MONKEY!"

I went to the Troubadour show, too... I just can't get enough of those acoustic songs. Plus, What To Do is my second favorite song of theirs (They didn't play Let It Rain! *sob*)

I like that their witty in-between song banter is not always the same. I've gone to other bands shows multiplpe times in a row and I'm like "oh man, you said that LAST night"
  • Also great: When Damian said that Variety had written up a review of their Troubadour show, and called "Televsion" a social commentary.

He said: "Don't they know a love song when they hear one? I love my television."

smile.gif
  • Ahahah I was there as well. I laughed so hard at that...I love my television, sure don't get me wrong i'm playing this for you guys, but I really do love my television. ahahahah I LOVE the acoustic stuff. I want to scream to Rusty that I can play the bells as well(thats what he was playing and I play that in marching band) and I was like ohh we connected there just that little piece of his soul and mine can play the same instrument. And yeah there were a lot of tall boys/men. These really lame drunk ones came up next to me and we're gay...I hate them. DIE! but yeah....I wish I caught a tambourine I would've shaken it like nobodys business. When Damian was like hey where did all the tambourines go? Are you guess so scared that some chick will kill you and steal your tambourine that you won't play it I was like well if I had one I could defend myself. Next time I'm so bringing some strange loud instrument....hmmm maybe my diggereido.....which I can actually play! woot that would be interesting....."You're the reason they have metal detectors!" ahahaha la la la love! Peace out homie g now you got me all twitterpated from that night! ayayayayayay lalala Someday when i'm awfully low, i'll feel a glow just thinking of them and the way they looked that night!!!
  • QUOTE (the_bree @ Nov 6 2006, 08:04 PM)
    He said: "Don't they know a love song when they hear one? I love my television."

smile.gif

Hahaha, so witty this Damian guy!

laugh.gif
  • "BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!" -Me screaming out the car window as I pulled the car up to the front to get my friends. That was a great show!!!! I made a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGBpn-k-NCU
    I misspelled a bunch of things including the city Pomona. I have no idea how I even made it there.
    "...the second verse, and I'll let you know where that is incase you guys don't know what music is." -The Kulash
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Nov 29 2006, 11:32 PM)
    "BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!" -Me screaming out the car window as I pulled the car up to the front to get my friends. That was a great show!!!! I made a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGBpn-k-NCU
    I misspelled a bunch of things including the city Pomona. I have no idea how I even made it there.
    "...the second verse, and I'll let you know where that is incase you guys don't know what music is." -The Kulash

Yeah, it was such a blast! By the way Angela, your signature makes me laugh so hard I almost pee myself. Brilliant!
  • I was there too! When Damian was crowd surfing, during their impromtu Violent Femmes song, thank you to whichever girl shouted out that she's been to a show of his before, I got a nice smack at his bum. NICEST BUTT EVER.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Nov 30 2006, 12:38 PM)
    I was there too! When Damian was crowd surfing, during their impromtu Violent Femmes song, thank you to whichever girl shouted out that she's been to a show of his before, I got a nice smack at his bum. NICEST BUTT EVER.

How vulgar and disgusting! You should be ashamed of yourself, touching Damian's behind. I am appauled.

.........was it nice and firm? laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Nov 30 2006, 02:32 AM)
    "BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!" -Me screaming out the car window as I pulled the car up to the front to get my friends. That was a great show!!!! I made a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGBpn-k-NCU

what a rad video! you've got skills putting together something like that!
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 30 2006, 09:44 AM)
    How vulgar and disgusting! You should be ashamed of yourself, touching Damian's behind. I am appauled.
    .........was it nice and firm? laugh.gif

I am ashamed, very ashamed.

But it was really nice! And firm. I'm pretty sure there was a smooth rock in his pants.
  • QUOTE (ZzLeigh @ Nov 30 2006, 12:16 AM)
    Yeah, it was such a blast! By the way Angela, your signature makes me laugh so hard I almost pee myself. Brilliant!

Why thank you...that was my intent. I don't know why I find people peeing themselves utterly hilarious! laugh.gif

QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 30 2006, 09:58 AM)
    what a rad video! you've got skills putting together something like that!

Thank you! It was purely to feed my OK Go addiction. Now if it were a video about something else other than OK Go, it would have sucked major ass. I just now noticed how "sucking major ass” doesn't make any sense. Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed it!