In this Discussion

OK Go on Craig Ferguson

edited November -1 in OK Go
just a reminder.
also, if anyone can put it on youtube...that'd be awesome.
biggrin.gif

Comments

• Just a head's up...the YouTube police have been very strict when it comes to deleting copyrighted material and clips with ABC, NBC, CBS, or any of the major show titles in them, have been removed. It's 3 strikes and your account gets axed.

I just had my third violation (NBC Conan, CBS Early Show, NBC Leno) and those buggers deleted me. blink.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Nov 13 2006, 01:42 PM)
    Just a head's up...the YouTube police have been very strict when it comes to deleting copyrighted material and clips with ABC, NBC, CBS, or any of the major show titles in them, have been removed. It's 3 strikes and your account gets axed.

I just had my third violation (NBC Conan, CBS Early Show, NBC Leno) and those buggers deleted me. blink.gif

!!!!!!

I checked your account CONSTANTLY for the FTIM videos. Yours were the only ones that were bigger-sized.

Do you have them saved and will you be starting a different account? I think you had one of the biggest collections of OK Go material and it would be a damn shame to lose you.
  • They're all saved and I may create a new account, but this time, combine all those clips from the same session (ie: AOL, Rolling Stone, etc.) into one longer file.

Or just put all the links somewhere so everyone else can download them with their own capture programs.

I've also been pondering what Sheri proposed a few weeks ago which was to upload them in iPod format somewhere. That way the less tech-savvy fans could have OK Go with them when they're away from their computer.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Nov 13 2006, 02:31 PM)
    They're all saved and I may create a new account, but this time, combine all those clips from the same session (ie: AOL, Rolling Stone, etc.) into one longer file.

Or just put all the links somewhere so everyone else can download them with their own capture programs.

I've also been pondering what Sheri proposed a few weeks ago which was to upload them in iPod format somewhere. That way the less tech-savvy fans could have OK Go with them when they're away from their computer.

I'm digging the idea of letting everyone download their own clips, but putting them back up on YouTube would be just as good. Or if you can't create an account, I or someone else I'm sure would be happy to receive the videos and put them up.

Ack! I think I am the only one minus an ipod. If OK Go decides to do that "special edition" ipod they were talking about, I think I will be saving aluminum cans for the rest of my days to have it.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 13 2006, 11:54 AM)
    I'm digging the idea of letting everyone download their own clips, but putting them back up on YouTube would be just as good. Or if you can't create an account, I or someone else I'm sure would be happy to receive the videos and put them up.

Ack! I think I am the only one minus an ipod. If OK Go decides to do that "special edition" ipod they were talking about, I think I will be saving aluminum cans for the rest of my days to have it.

An OK Go special edition ipod? Wow, that would be beyond awesome.
  • QUOTE (ZzLeigh @ Nov 13 2006, 03:31 PM)
    An OK Go special edition ipod? Wow, that would be beyond awesome.

Eh, don't quote me on that. I hope I wasn't just imagining it, but I THOUGHT awhile ago someone mentioned a special ediiton OK Go ipod. That sounds very unreal, however.

(waits for someone to tell me it isn't a dream)
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 13 2006, 12:40 PM)
    Eh, don't quote me on that. I hope I wasn't just imagining it, but I THOUGHT awhile ago someone mentioned a special ediiton OK Go ipod. That sounds very unreal, however.

(waits for someone to tell me it isn't a dream)

Damian mentioned it in the Loveline interview, but I don't know if it's for real.
  • Yeah, it's real, but I don't think it looks different like the U2 iPod--it comes loaded with a video that I think may be a behind-the-scenes of the HIGA video; not sure if it's what's also on the DVD. I think it was supposed to help promote the DVD, though. Don't quote me on any of this because I'm only working with my 5 in the morning memory. biggrin.gif

My sister told me the radio station up by her (in Wisconsin--WIXX) that's been playing HIGA tons was (is?) having a contest to win one a few weeks ago.

ihave7stars, that really bites about your YouTube account! I've been watching for all your new additions too. I'm PMing you about videos ...

Just watched Craig F. and it was quite nice smile.gif They all looked great, Tim looked very dapper, and I dug Damian's tie; and Damian's voice sounded a little weak, but don't let that scare you if you have shows coming up--he sounded just fine in Chicago, and this was taped before that.

I liked smiling Dan and, in particular, Dan and Damian smiling at each other.

And there's a lot of looking-in-the-camera goodness. Which is always awesome, but it gave me a warm fuzzy because it reminded me (sorry to be going on about this!) of talking to Damian Friday night. Something about the look on his face at one moment reminded me of him saying to me, "I wasn't too mean, was I?" Me: "No, not at all."
    Him: "I figured you could take it." biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Nov 14 2006, 02:42 AM)
    Just a head's up...the YouTube police have been very strict when it comes to deleting copyrighted material and clips with ABC, NBC, CBS, or any of the major show titles in them, have been removed. It's 3 strikes and your account gets axed.

Oh that sucks. I was searching for your videos on YouTube a couple of minutes ago and I was in awe when your videos didn't appear on the search list (and also your username & account that I also searched for) . I always watch the videos you post 'cause all of them are good. Anyway, I hope you'll create a new account and start posting the videos again tongue.gif (and what? get them deleted again?) just kidding.

That's a good idea. smile.gif
  • d'oh!.. i knew i was forgetting about something last night...
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 14 2006, 11:54 AM)
    Just watched Craig F. and it was quite nice smile.gif They all looked great, Tim looked very dapper, and I dug Damian's tie; and Damian's voice sounded a little weak, but don't let that scare you if you have shows coming up--he sounded just fine in Chicago, and this was taped before that.

I liked smiling Dan and, in particular, Dan and Damian smiling at each other.

Oh I missed it! Glad about the weak voice not affecting shows.
    What did Damian's tie look like?
  • Purple with funky designs on it ... can't really explain. I've got it recorded and can put it up somewhere maybe this weekend if it isn't up already.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Nov 13 2006, 12:42 PM)

[sobs] Noooooo!! You had the best account ever! Seriously, you always had so many great little OK Go gems happy.gif I'll be mourning the loss of your account. Haha. And before I forget all my manners: Thank you for having that account in the first place. Your sharing of extensive archives were/ are appreciated.

QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 14 2006, 05:54 AM)
    and Damian's voice sounded a little weak

My immediate reaction was, "Awww! Poor Damian. He must have a soar throat. Ouchy. I know! I'll bring them tea in Milwaukee." I'm laaaaaaaaaaammmee >.< As if they don't have constant access to an abundance of tea... That tie did kick face, though biggrin.gif