In this Discussion

Another Best Buy instore?

edited November -1 in OK Go
On High Road's site, it says that there's going to be a Best Buy instore in LA on November 21. I haven't been able to find anything else about it, but I thought I should let people know and maybe someone will find out more.

Comments

• QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 19 2006, 02:09 AM)
    On High Road's site, it says that there's going to be a Best Buy instore in LA on November 21. I haven't been able to find anything else about it, but I thought I should let people know and maybe someone will find out more.

That would be so awesome!!!! I doubt I'd go though. I just don't feel comfortable talking to anyone like famous and stuff. i have a feeling that they'll be assholes and then I won't like them and probably stop listening to their music and I don't want to stop listening to ok go. it'd be a sin to deprive myself of listening to them.
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Nov 18 2006, 06:56 PM)
    That would be so awesome!!!! I doubt I'd go though. I just don't feel comfortable talking to anyone like famous and stuff. i have a feeling that they'll be assholes and then I won't like them and probably stop listening to their music and I don't want to stop listening to ok go. it'd be a sin to deprive myself of listening to them.

But the guys are so nice! I've never seen them act like assholes. You'd have to catch them on a really super bad day for that to happen. I think that you should go to see them play a few songs and if you really don't feel like meeting them, then you can just leave afterward.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 19 2006, 11:21 AM)
    But the guys are so nice! I've never seen them act like assholes. You'd have to catch them on a really super bad day for that to happen. I think that you should go to see them play a few songs and if you really don't feel like meeting them, then you can just leave afterward.

Oh I would like to meet them and see them in concert and give them cookies and take pictures of them and give them a hug and take their autographs buy their merch and tell them how awesome they are in person... rolleyes.gif

But exactly how am I suppose to that if I'm a million miles away from them? dry.gif

Vinca15 I think you should go. Imagine how lucky you are to have a chance to meet them. wink.gif
  • I think tomorrow I'm going to call High Road's number and see if I can get any more info on which Best Buy this is going to happen at. I live in the LA area and I think it'd be really cool to go to, so I'll let you all know if I get any more info.
  • So I was looking more into this since it's going to happen today and I found out a little more about it.

http://www.kroq-data.com/index.asp#

Kevin & Bean Super Christmas Live
    Available Tuesday, November 21 at all LA & OC Best Buy stores. Log into the KROQ Street Team for VIP passes to check out the live broadcast and get your CD signed first!
    Click here for track list, AIM icons and wallpaper!

Kevin & Bean Super Christmas Live
    Tuesday November 21 (6-10AM)

Live broadcast with entire morning show cast
    Live performance by OK Go!
    Live radio show begins at 6:00AM
    CD signing begins at 10AM
    Buy your CD before its sells out. Only $6.99! Proceeds go to The Starlight Foundation and other local charities.

Signal Hill Best Buy
    2701 Cherry Ave.
    Signal Hill (Signal Hill is a 2-sq mile city surrounded by Long Beach)

If it's really happening at 6 am, then there's like four hours until it starts. I think you can only listen to it online if you're signed up as a street team member.
  • thanks for the info!
    i figure i'll be up anyway... (damn physics lab writeup)

i hope everyone going to this has fun!
  • Have fun, everybody!
  • smile.gif KROQ is playing OK Go's cover of Father Christmas
    it sounds good.
    yay

i hate physics.
    actually not really
    bc i totally aced that last quiz
    HAH!

but yes, i really like this song.
  • random stuff from the short interview:

- why they chose to cover Father Christmas? (most Christmas rock songs really suck...and you need to do one that is really great and mean (haha Damian totally stumbled over the words when he was saying that); also...The Kinks!....obvious answer)
    - Tim does a really good (sarcasm) impression of Ethel Merman ("santa baby")
    - OK Go has been touring for 22 months straight...and is going to tour straight through Christmas (yikes...they really do need a break)
    - some ok go fans are there (at Best Buy) with pillows (Damian: Pillows!)

dunno what else.
    sorry if that doesn't make any sense. it's late/early.

songs: HIGA, DWYW
  • [quote name='e 5170a' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:25 AM' post='85537'
    - OK Go has been touring for 22 months straight...and is going to tour straight through Christmas [/quote]

Through Christmas? I thought they took a hiatus after the 14th...
  • yeah that's what i thought too but that's what Damian said (almost verbatim)
    maybe it just feels that way to him?
    i dunno
  • I was going to get up and listen to it after I took a three hour nap and I actually did, but OK Go wasn't on yet, so I went to sit on my bed and I ended up falling back asleep and having a dream about OK Go.

They didn't play AMW? Because I definitely remember hearing the song playing from my computer, unless that was in the dream too.
  • hmm i can't really remember. i sort of started zoning out towards the end
    i remember the dj mentioning something about how the guys played 2 more songs for the crowd at best buy during the commercial break (and during that time some other guest on the show tried to steal one of the guitars and play it with his penis? blink.gif i dunno. kinda glad i missed that.)

it's possible that they played AMW.
    to be honest, i'm kind of out of it (still) and right now all of their tv/radio appearances and acoustic sets during the concerts are kind of blurring together.

i'm definitely sure about the first two songs though.
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Nov 21 2006, 04:25 PM)
    hmm i can't really remember. i sort of started zoning out towards the end
    i remember the dj mentioning something about how the guys played 2 more songs for the crowd at best buy during the commercial break (and during that time some other guest on the show tried to steal one of the guitars and play it with his penis? blink.gif i dunno. kinda glad i missed that.)

I'm glad that I missed it too. I think it was just part of my dream somehow because they were being interviewed in my dream too.
  • QUOTE (e 5170a @ Nov 21 2006, 10:11 AM)
    smile.gif KROQ is playing OK Go's cover of Father Christmas
    it sounds good.
    yay
    I can't wait to hear this.

I have a silly hope they'll play it Sunday in Milwaukee, the first post-Thanksgiving show, but that's probably indeed silly--I imagine they wouldn't till closer to Christmas if at all.
  • http://youtube.com/watch?v=7fXukcg8qdA << OK Go playing Father Christmas (just audio)