In this Discussion

OK Go on "Last Call with Carson Daly"

edited November -1 in OK Go
So I realize that this is VERY last minute (as in, there are no more minutes left; Carson is on TV as I type this) and there wasn't an official thread for this, but if there are a few boardies that are night owls like me, you will want to know that OK Go is performing on NBC's "Last Call with Carson Daly" (previously taped, of course).

Since there wasn't an official thread, we can use this one to talk about how good they look and how much Carson sucks. biggrin.gif

Oh, I'm sorry, did I just type that? How rude of me! I meant to say how FREAKING FABULOUS they look. Silly me.

Comments

• omg. I was going to make a post about an hour before the show started and warn everyone, but my friend dragged me away so I could watch/vomit as she got her nose pierced. AND THEN I MISSED THE FREAKING SHOW ENTIRELY. grrr. dry.gif

So how was it? It's my vote of confidence that someone find a link to it and share it.. biggrin.gif
  • It comes on for me in another hour and a half. I was at the taping and OK Go was amazing. The entire audience really went nuts every time their name was mentioned. I can't wait to see it!!!!!!
  • 8) you bet we went crazy!!
  • It was AWESOME. I was happy to see that you got to watch two songs too!

I tried to log on to that 1iota.com site they advertised in the middle, but I couldn't find any OK Go content. Did anyone else find luck!
  • I found the tickets by searching for TV shows and Carson Daly. It was kind of confusing.
  • I fell asleep at about 9 tonight and I woke up a little bit ago and I was so relieved that I hadn't missed it. I kind of wish I had woken up a little later so then I wouldn't have to actually watch Carson.
  • I was tooooooooooooo tired and fell asleep :'( Damnit!! It would've brought up painful memories for me anyway though.. :'( But, c'est la vie.
  • Oh, I'm so pathetic. I was reminded about this via Myspace Bulletin [hats off to Fat People Who Love OK Go biggrin.gif], so I was pretty excited since I was being a sloth and just bumming around my house literally all day. And then around midnight I got hit by one strong wave of sleepiness and decided to go to bed >.< Ugh. Normally, I'd be bright eyed and bushy tailed right about the hour when that show comes on, but finals have supremely whacked out my sleeping schedule. Poo. Linkage anyone?
  • I recorded the show, but somehow didn't get them performing. I'm so mad!
  • QUOTE (hockeysis13 @ Dec 16 2006, 08:38 PM)
    I recorded the show, but somehow didn't get them performing. I'm so mad!

jeez that's really frustrating... huh.gif
  • Yeah I have it recorded. I'll see if I can get it up. But is Carson Daly not the least exciting person ever? It sucks that I sat through that entire show (while watching prerecorded Office). BUt finally got to see the boys, it was nice to see Do WHat You Want. I felt like they were trying to have a million different angles, at a slightly less nauseating degree.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 16 2006, 12:45 AM)
    Since there wasn't an official thread, we can use this one to talk about how good they look and how much Carson sucks. biggrin.gif

LOL. I'm right there with you, I hated having to sit through Dumb-ass Carson Daly to get to OK Go, but it was well worth it.

They sounded great! I'm swear, half the reason why they look so good is Damian's smile---he has the nicest, widest smile and it makes him look so happy and excited to be playing for his fans. That's so cool. *Sigh*
  • That's the nice thing about recording it! I can watch it any time of the day. They sounded really good.

(Sorry this is my first post. I'm coming over from the JC)
  • Damian's voice sounded better compared to their appearance on craig ferguson.
    And they all looked awesome of course!
  • They should have showed more Tim.

I liked how they showed both songs though. They rarely do that. Even on Kimmel, they always cut off the end of the second song they air.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 16 2006, 04:48 PM)
    They should have showed more Tim.

More Andy as well. I love Andy.
    I think it was cute how Dan was playing for the camera. Dan's adorable.

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 16 2006, 04:48 PM)
    I liked how they showed both songs though. They rarely do that. Even on Kimmel, they always cut off the end of the second song they air.

I didn't know they did that on Carson, I always thought they only played one song. Of course I've never stayed up that late for Carson, so what do I know.
    Is this generally done for all musical guests?

And I hate how on Kimmel they cut off the 2nd song. It's like I'm bearly realizing which song is being played when that stupid donkey comes on! I don't like donkeys very much.
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Dec 16 2006, 05:08 PM)
    More Andy as well. I love Andy.
    I think it was cute how Dan was playing for the camera. Dan's adorable.
    I didn't know they did that on Carson, I always thought they only played one song. Of course I've never stayed up that late for Carson, so what do I know.
    Is this generally done for all musical guests?

And I hate how on Kimmel they cut off the 2nd song. It's like I'm bearly realizing which song is being played when that stupid donkey comes on! I don't like donkeys very much.

No. On Carson, they only show one song. I've never seen them air two songs before. I guess OK Go is that special.

Yeah, I hate that donkey too.
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Dec 16 2006, 10:32 AM)
    Oh, I'm so pathetic. I was reminded about this via Myspace Bulletin [hats off to Fat People Who Love OK Go biggrin.gif]

Thank you, I posted it so I wouldn't forget as well.

QUOTE (terren @ Dec 16 2006, 01:57 PM)
    Yeah I have it recorded. I'll see if I can get it up. But is Carson Daly not the least exciting person ever?

Try sitting through it live. Actually it was a little more exciting live than recorder, but I think that was because most of the audience was there for OK Go. There was an exciting energy from everyone. OK Go fans are the greatest.
  • Waaaah- someone get a tape up!!
  • I wholeheartedly concur, Angela smile.gif OK Go fans are pretty rad smile.gif