In this Discussion

Nike?

edited November -1 in OK Go

I was just walking around the mall doing random stupid things and I happen to bump into this thing(the ipod itself was taller than me and i'm 5'3).

American Eagle was also playing Here it Goes Again on the bigscreen and everyone croweded around it. 'Twas cool. cool.gif

Where else have you guys seen OK Go randomly?

Comments

• I don't actually see OK Go specified stuff, just things that symbolize things that make me think of OK Go.

For example, while driving into a Denny's parking lot, Angela and I saw a truck that said, "Inland Empire" which Damian said at the Pomona show with an echo, then made a star wars joke. We also saw a picture like thing of New York, which while talking ot Damian earlier said New York always fucks him up.

Basically, there are signs everywhere.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Dec 3 2006, 02:08 AM)
    We also saw a picture like thing of New York, which while talking ot Damian earlier said New York always fucks him up.

what did he mean New York always fucks him up?
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Dec 2 2006, 11:34 PM)
    what did he mean New York always fucks him up?

I don't know if this is what he means, but i read/heard (dont know which one!) in some interview that he always gets sick when he goes to NY.
  • My (very vertically challenged) friend forced us to rent/watch this movie called "She's the Man" or something equally nonsensical of the sort. Anyway, I really didn't watch a whole lot of it - first off it was AWFUL so I had little to no will power to keep focused, next my sister called... She's in Japan, so I kinda had to attend to that, and then I had to clean up after a pack of hungry people ravaged my kitchen - so yeah, I was walking in and out on the movie. Then, OUT OF NOWHERE, right as I'm telling my (Loudy McLoudpants) friend to use his indoor voice, I hear the opening drum beat for 'Invincible.' I promptly stopped, turned, pointed at the TV and exclaimed (clearly), "WHY ARE THEY PLAYING OK GO!?!?! Nooooooo!!" Anyway, I enjoyed the spontaneous & pleasant OK Go moment, but was pissed that such an indescribably terrible movie had used it. Yeah. Anywho.

How convenient this thread was already here & newly made. Thanks, viv biggrin.gif I made a mental reminder that I *had* to share this happening, so this worked out quite nicely XD

//Edit: I keep using <i></i>. Yeah, I'm just experimenting to see if that'll ever work >.> Yeah, that's what I'm doing.
  • QUOTE (viv @ Dec 3 2006, 08:00 AM)

THAT'S WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT! In another thread. I don't know where.

Anyway, I saw that ad in the Waterloo Int'l train station and almost made Jen go back with me so I could take a picture of it, haha.

QUOTE (ytel82 @ Dec 3 2006, 10:37 AM)
    I don't know if this is what he means, but i read/heard (dont know which one!) in some interview that he always gets sick when he goes to NY.

That's 'cause he parties 'til forever.
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Dec 3 2006, 02:35 AM)
    My (very vertically challenged) friend forced us to rent/watch this movie called "She's the Man" or something equally nonsensical of the sort. Anyway, I really didn't watch a whole lot of it - first off it was AWFUL so I had little to no will power to keep focused, next my sister called... She's in Japan, so I kinda had to attend to that, and then I had to clean up after a pack of hungry people ravaged my kitchen - so yeah, I was walking in and out on the movie. Then, OUT OF NOWHERE, right as I'm telling my (Loudy McLoudpants) friend to use his indoor voice, I hear the opening drum beat for 'Invincible.' I promptly stopped, turned, pointed at the TV and exclaimed (clearly), "WHY ARE THEY PLAYING OK GO!?!?! Nooooooo!!" Anyway, I enjoyed the spontaneous & pleasant OK Go moment, but was pissed that such an indescribably terrible movie had used it. Yeah. Anywho.

How convenient this thread was already here & newly made. Thanks, viv biggrin.gif I made a mental reminder that I *had* to share this happening, so this worked out quite nicely XD

//Edit: I keep using <i></i>. Yeah, I'm just experimenting to see if that'll ever work >.> Yeah, that's what I'm doing.

mmmm. We rented that movie. And we gonged it after the first half hour (we figure we should at least give that with any movie. They may get better; normally they don't). I never wanted to see it in the first place, but at least with Netflix we didn't have to pay $5 specifically on that awful film. I'm just sad I didn't get to hear OK Go on it though. But it is more sad that they had to be played in that film. Oh well, with any luck soon they will start playing in better movies
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 3 2006, 08:44 AM)
    That's 'cause he parties 'til forever.

ya probably because NYC is an insane party place and he just always has an awesome time here haha
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Dec 3 2006, 04:37 AM)

it's true. he complains every time he comes to nyc because he ALWAYS gets sick and starts losing his voice. always blaming us and making us feel bad tongue.gif it makes me sad 'cause i dont want him to hate nyc or he wont come here anymore!
  • QUOTE (viv @ Dec 2 2006, 11:00 PM)

I was just walking around the mall doing random stupid things and I happen to bump into this thing(the ipod itself was taller than me and i'm 5'3).

American Eagle was also playing Here it Goes Again on the bigscreen and everyone croweded around it. 'Twas cool. cool.gif

Where else have you guys seen OK Go randomly?

I saw that as well, and I started jumping up and down and swore to myself that the moment I got home I'd get on the boards and the JC and tell everyone... then I forgot. whoops.
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Dec 3 2006, 04:04 PM)
    it's true. he complains every time he comes to nyc because he ALWAYS gets sick and starts losing his voice. always blaming us and making us feel bad tongue.gif it makes me sad 'cause i dont want him to hate nyc or he wont come here anymore!

but like how can he hate nyc haha its just too awesome! but he probably just loves to party it up in ny so he just gets messed up, but they still sounded amazing!!!!!
  • There's a Nike + Ipod ad out now with "Here It Goes Again" being played during the entire ad...woot!

edit: it's on tv, I just saw it on abc.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Dec 14 2006, 08:27 PM)
    There's a Nike + Ipod ad out now with "Here It Goes Again" being played during the entire ad...woot!

yeah, i just saw the ad while watching the oc, and squealed with joy...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Dec 14 2006, 10:48 PM)
    yeah, i just saw the ad while watching the oc, and squealed with joy...

We just saw it too!
  • That's what that is for? I keep hearing Here It Goes Again playing on the TV when I'm in my kitchen and try to run to the living room to see, but I miss it.

It's a pretty difficult run too, if you're as vertically challenged as I am, and need to turn roughly two or three times on slippery tile flooring.

I nearly died both times.
  • My cousin just called me to tell me about it.
    I missed it *tear*
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Dec 15 2006, 03:27 AM)
    There's a Nike + Ipod ad out now with "Here It Goes Again" being played during the entire ad...woot!

edit: it's on tv, I just saw it on abc.

Yeah, and everyone over at the LJ comm is complaining about them being on too many commercials and not being small enough anymore. rolleyes.gif
  • I'm sad that I haven't seen it yet.

On Capitol's street team site, they posted an article and it gives some info about them and Nike and kind of clears up the whole iPod thing, but not really.

http://www.capitolrecords.net/images/newsi.../999NX_1173.pdf

An iPod Nike album? Some OK Go music cut and shoved into 30 mintues of work-out music. It's being sold on iTunes on Tuesday.
    well I always knew Nike was down with OK Go... I mean... PAISLEY!
  • ohmy.gif Those shoes are insane! Haha, they're in cahoots.

I saw the commercial last week, I believe. And it's getting tons of air time now. When I saw it again yesterday, I got up and started dancing for no apparent reason. OK Go just does that to you laugh.gif

And WTF?! Just now I was watching TV and turned on Wimbledon (the movie, not the real thing...) for a tidge - and out of nowhere the beginning of "What to Do" starts playing. I was so surprised because I've seen it before and totally didn't realize...most likely because that movie's not very good >.> I mean, honestly! Who casts Kirsten Dunst as a tennis player!?! Her form is terrible XD

Yeah, so. Point being: I liken OK Go to easter eggs.
  • While we're on the topic of HIGA being played like, everywhere:

I was in the elevator in the Gap on the Champs-Elysees today, and HIGA came on. Except it took me a few seconds to realise what it was, because they started it partway into the song. I was kinda' like, "...throw on your clothes, the second side of- Hey, wait. I KNOW THIS SONG." And then I almost started shouting, except it wouldn't have done much good, I was in the elevator and people would have thought I was stuck.

So then I stayed in the Gap just to hear the rest of the song, haha.