In this Discussion

Contest for OK Go show, Chicago Dec. 30

edited November -1 in OK Go
By any chance, has anyone here won tickets to see OK Go play at the "Eve Before Eve" party in Chicago Dec. 30? I've entered the contest as many times as possible, but it's like playing the lottery.

But I still keep hoping for THE phone call . . . .

-Suzie unsure.gif

Comments

• Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as you sad.gif I'm going to punch Eric & Kathy if I don't get tickets. WGN just gets a light slap on the wrist. Hrrrm.
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Dec 14 2006, 11:45 PM)
    Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as you sad.gif I'm going to punch Eric & Kathy if I don't get tickets. WGN just gets a light slap on the wrist. Hrrrm.

When I was listening to Eric and Kathy's show on Tuesday, Eric was inviting almost any and every person who called into the station that morning---the callers didn't even have to answer the stupid trivia question! If they sounded "interesting" to him, he was like, "hey, you sound fun. We want to see you there at the party." Whatever. I bet half the people going to the show don't really know OK Go's music. It's not fair. I can't stop whining about this. I wonder: would it help if I called into the show and begged them for tickets?

I mainly want to punch Kathy. LOL

I've been entering through WGN's web site.
  • Wait one mother-bleeping minute! I didn't know about this! *has a heart attack*
  • And both contests ended at noon today. I'm smacking myself in the head for not listening to the Mix anymore.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 15 2006, 06:43 PM)
    And both contests ended at noon today. I'm smacking myself in the head for not listening to the Mix anymore.

Ditto on this end. I found out about the contest this morning at 4am and managed to put my name in once before it ended.

I think it's a pair of tickets, so if I win you're totally coming with me. biggrin.gif
  • So, wait, can we still buy tickets? 'cause me, Bryan, and Sarah would totally go.
  • Unfortunately, my understanding is that this thing is "invite only."

Eve Before the Eve...Eric & Kathy team up with Paul Konrad and Larry Potash from The WGN Morning News Team to host an Eve Before the Eve. This invitation only event will take place in Altitude high atop the W Chicago Lakeshore...listen to E&K for your tickets! Special acoustic performance by Chicago's own OK GO! Click here for a second chance to win tickets to our Eve Before the Eve!
    (From The Mix)

That'd be absolutely stellar if they released some tickets to be sold. Q101 and 101.9 have a tendency of hoarding tix and after everything is soldout releasing them on the day of. So you never know. I think I'm just going to show up. What the hell else am I going to be doing on December 30th?
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Dec 16 2006, 12:55 PM)
    That'd be absolutely stellar if they released some tickets to be sold. Q101 and 101.9 have a tendency of hoarding tix and after everything is soldout releasing them on the day of. So you never know. I think I'm just going to show up. What the hell else am I going to be doing on December 30th?

I too am wondering how many tickets they'll have left. And if they do go on sale, do you think we could just get them through Ticketmaster? It's a special acoustic performance, and I think it will be so cool to see that.

I still can't believe no one on this board has won any tickets. I mean, I know that everyone on this board is from all over the place, but still.....one real fan should've won! Sheesh!
  • Yep, it looks like the contest is completely closed online. But I thought I heard on the radio that they were still going to be doing call-ins and texting through Monday morning (the 18th) for tickets. I guess we'll just have to listen on Monday morning.
  • QUOTE (Little_cat_feet @ Dec 16 2006, 04:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=89751
    Yep, it looks like the contest is completely closed online. But I thought I heard on the radio that they were still going to be doing call-ins and texting through Monday morning (the 18th) for tickets. I guess we'll just have to listen on Monday morning.

As for the online dealie, right you are ;____; But...

YEAH! I definitely heard this little Eric & Kathy announcement saying tune in on Monday for your chance to win passes to see OK Go. So everyone try on Monday!!! biggrin.gif [crosses fingers]
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Dec 17 2006, 12:42 PM)
    I agree sad.gif It's like, come on now, let one of us win!! We actually want to go. We're not just some dumb twat who happened to call at the right time...

I know....I'm thinking most of the people who called in and just happened to win are mainly going to the party to get drunk rather than to see OK Go. I'm guessing it's more of a party, anyway, and not like a concert where everyone is focused on the band. I don't give a crap about the party or the booze or the celebrity newspeople that are going to be there----all I want is to see the band.

Well, tomorrow's our last chance......Good Luck, everyone!
  • Hey smile.gif

I listened this morning and they are extending it through this week. Chances during Eric & Kathy every morning through Friday, I believe.
  • That's excellent news! Thanks, Sheri happy.gif
  • Hello hello--

Is anybody going to go and hang around? I want to, but I don't want to do it alone and look reeeally creepy. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 29 2006, 04:25 PM)
    Hello hello--

Is anybody going to go and hang around? I want to, but I don't want to do it alone and look reeeally creepy. tongue.gif

I've done it. It's do-able. I went to an Ok Go show all by myself. It's fun cause you get them all to yourself, as long as you don't freeze and turn into a pile of mush.

(Bah, I wish I were near Chicago so I could hang w/ you Sheri)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 29 2006, 05:33 PM)
    I've done it. It's do-able. I went to an Ok Go show all by myself. It's fun cause you get them all to yourself, as long as you don't freeze and turn into a pile of mush.

(Bah, I wish I were near Chicago so I could hang w/ you Sheri)

Aw, thanks, Tempe smile.gif If it were an actual show I were going to, I wouldn't feel so funny; it's just with it being this "private party" thing, I'll feel weird loitering in the hotel lobby waiting to get kicked out all alone, and then if I actually were to see the guys, I'd feel sort of weird. :S
  • I don't have passes to the party, in case all that was unintelligible.

Anyone have an opinion? Should I go alone if I wind up buddyless?

Edit hours later: I decided not to go. I know you were all on the edge of your seats. laugh.gif
    If anyone does go and winds up having fun, don't post about it, so I won't have to shoot myself. HA

Actually, let me change that. If anyone *is* going and happens to see this in the morning and would want to meet up there, please let me know. My not-going condition could go into remission. I almost don't want it to, but it could.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 30 2006, 12:09 AM)
    I don't have passes to the party, in case all that was unintelligible.

Anyone have an opinion? Should I go alone if I wind up buddyless?

Edit hours later: I decided not to go. I know you were all on the edge of your seats. laugh.gif
    If anyone does go and winds up having fun, don't post about it, so I won't have to shoot myself. HA

Actually, let me change that. If anyone *is* going and happens to see this in the morning and would want to meet up there, please let me know. My not-going condition could go into remission. I almost don't want it to, but it could.

hi sheri, i tried to message you directly but i don't think it worked....i'm seriously considering going...but i think you live pretty far away for this, but if your still considering and you want a partner in crime....email me at ponivina@yahoo.com

jackie
    i live downtown so it's not a trek for me...but lemme know...
  • Jackie! I sent you a message. Over PM and email. I included my cell--got some questions, definitely interested!

QUOTE (jackie j @ Dec 30 2006, 02:01 PM)
    hi sheri, i tried to message you directly but i don't think it worked....i'm seriously considering going...but i think you live pretty far away for this, but if your still considering and you want a partner in crime....email me at ponivina@yahoo.com

jackie
    i live downtown so it's not a trek for me...but lemme know...