In this Discussion

New OK Go interview

edited November -1 in OK Go
I found this on YouTube. Its an OK Go interview trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeRj_TtVTG8

It's just a taste of a full interview that will be available on Dec. 4th at broadjam.com

Comments

• Very awesome.

And, I think I saw in one of the shots of OK Go getting their concert on, a girl try to hop up on stage. I swear I saw 2 guys tackler her down. *shrug*

Thanks for the news.
  • Hahahahahahaha, I think that girl got tackeled, too!

hahahahahahahaha.

silly fans.

Tim - *whispers* "sex and drugs . . . "

Oh, Tim. You amuse me.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Dec 2 2006, 11:05 PM)
    Hahahahahahaha, I think that girl got tackeled, too!

hahahahahahahaha.

silly fans.

Hmm.....I think she might have just been crowd surfing and then security pulled her down (which is what I believe they are supposed to do if anyone gets too close to the stage while doing it).

Crowd surfing at an OK Go concert? blink.gif Oh, no......
  • aw i love the end of the clip when andy blows a kiss to everyone. that just makes him more uber cute. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Siren87 @ Dec 2 2006, 11:49 PM)
    aw i love the end of the clip when andy blows a kiss to everyone. that just makes him more uber cute. laugh.gif

[races back to re-watch ending] Awwww. Teehee ^___^

Thanks for posting this! It makes me excited for...tomorrow? Shat on a turtle. It's already Dec. 4th!?!?! I have sooooooo much stuff to do >.< [goes into panic mode]
  • The first part is up. Click this link:

http://broadjam.com/tv/index.asp

It should start playing right away, but if not, it's the second video on the list on the right. Gives some more tour news (Japan and Australia finally?) for next year, kind of. I'm very easily amused because there's a lamp in the background and at certain points in the interview, it lines up so that it's above Damian's head like a hat. haha.
  • Australia!!!

Emmit and God will be happy. (where is God, anyways? hasn't been around for a while...)

that was actually pretty interesting... I like how the interviewer asked less about what actually happened to Ok Go, and more about what they thought about it.

and the lamp-hat was pretty amusing haha.
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Dec 4 2006, 05:44 AM)
    [races back to re-watch ending] Awwww. Teehee ^___^

Shat on a turtle.

WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT?
  • ^ shat on a turtle? it was in Austin Powers: Goldmember... (when Austin and his dad are speaking british at each other)

that's all I can think of when I hear it.
  • They put out a press release about this:

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_...lease_id=191588

OK Go Exclusive Interview on Broadjam.com

MADISON, WI -- (MARKET WIRE) -- December 05, 2006 -- Broadjam.com, one of the world's largest independent music websites, announced today that it has begun streaming an exclusive four-part video interview series featuring pop-rock icons OK Go.

Continue to Broadjam TV and then click on Pop (you'll have to sit thru a brief ad).
  • QUOTE (Siren87 @ Dec 3 2006, 01:49 AM)
    aw i love the end of the clip when andy blows a kiss to everyone. that just makes him more uber cute. laugh.gif

a kiss from andy?!! *dies* haha

That intro looks cool, I'll have to wait to watch the actual interview til later but I'm really excited about it. Hopefully this interviewer asks some new questions....
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Dec 5 2006, 05:49 PM)
    That intro looks cool, I'll have to wait to watch the actual interview til later but I'm really excited about it. Hopefully this interviewer asks some new questions....

I've been incredibly frustrated with all the interviewers asking the same questions over and over. "So how long did it take you to do the treadmill video?" is a question I am VERY sick of hearing. You think they would do a SMIDGEN of research before asking questions that have already been answered a thousand times over.

I really liked this interview, actually. smile.gif Kudos to the guy for not being a complete cyborg.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 5 2006, 05:01 PM)
    I've been incredibly frustrated with all the interviewers asking the same questions over and over. "So how long did it take you to do the treadmill video?" is a question I am VERY sick of hearing. You think they would do a SMIDGEN of research before asking questions that have already been answered a thousand times over.

I really liked this interview, actually. smile.gif Kudos to the guy for not being a complete cyborg.

t.d. i feel your pain T_T every single interview i watch with ok go in it it is the same damn questions over and over again. can't they think of anything original?
  • anyone have any more info about the two page spread in Billboard?
  • Eh, I concur with the previous statements of the same questions being repeated over and over again. But, I guess, for those who have been newly introduced to the band (I bet you can think of how) will truly appreciate that information given.

All in all I'll give it the rating (based off my own rating scale) of "Moldy-and-not-rare and mildly juicy". There really wasn't any new information to thrive off of.

But, I liked the end of it, "This is dedicated to all the dumb-fucks who already left."

Bravo Damian for giving that interview atleast some pizzaz and sparkle.
  • I liked it. I like the small insights into how the music industry works. Plus it's nice and long, with more to come!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Dec 5 2006, 02:45 AM)
    ^ shat on a turtle? it was in Austin Powers: Goldmember... (when Austin and his dad are speaking british at each other)

that's all I can think of when I hear it.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yeah. I was watching the other night on TV..
  • That interview just proves how much Damian likes to talk. He's talking and talking and talking, then he finally goes (to Tim) "what do you think?" and Tim says a little something, then Damian butts right back in lol. he makes me laugh. I want to hear more Rusty and Dan interviews! We don't hear nearly enough from them.
  • Part 3 of the interview is up!!!
  • I love how Tim is always fiddling with his hands... it's really cute.