In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• now that ive learned comic sans is a sacred institution here
    (i still dislike it)

does anyone else have a favorite font? is that ridiculous? should everyone have a favorite font?
  • Actually, the Georgia font used on this forum happens to be my favorite. It's kind of old-like. I always use it on messenger.

Also, another favorite font of mine is the Elliott Smith font . . . of course it would be. It's like his handwriting, which is really nice.

Here is an example:

wub.gif
  • my favorite font is garamond.
    ...it also happens to be the font that is used in the harry potter books.

i liked it before i knew that though

now i love it.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Dec 16 2006, 06:42 PM)
    not even money, or sex will make me click your link of people throwing up lightbulbs
    to balence out that evil i bring:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0yI2MQf8Tk

i cant put into words how amazing this is

its also where the famous internet music cartoon dancing pirates comes from

sad.gif That scared me. CHILD MOLESTERS!!
  • Ack, one last little blurb before I am put under in a few hours. Don't worry, this isn't about my teeth, though I HAVE been watching "Tim the dentist" for awhile now, just so I can remember his sweet face as I am about to face certain doom. smile.gif

I guess mom is feeling a little guilty about me looking like a chipmunk for a few days, so she has agreed to buy me an MP3 player this Christmas. I have a few hours to decide on one before we order it, so it can get here before the 25th.

I only know of a few, but I could really use opinions/feedback/reviews about which is best. iPod, obvious choice. Zune looks amazing but I hear that since it was released so quickly, it has a lot of problems. I have also heard about something called Wolverine, and another called Zen.

Basically whatever holds and plays ALL of my OK Go songs (100+) and all of my OK Go videos is perfect.

Insight, anyone?

EDIT: Eh, nevermind. Looks like I only had a few minutes instead of a few hours. I am just about to order an iPod. But at least it's reliable (hopefully) and will hold everything. I will be thinking about how much it will rock, being able to watch Damian in "Don't Ask Me" while in the comfort of my bed, even if I do resemble that of a dough boy.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Dec 18 2006, 12:09 AM)
    woo hugs
    it sucks being ill, stupid throat virus that ive got...lasts two weeks apprently..so ill have it over crimbo
    and ive got to work boxing day
    stupid work..

oh poor Andy sad.gif get well soon
  • I just added too much parmesan cheese to my soup. Ooops. Oh, soupe de legumes, what have I done to you?

Also, the only bread we have in the house to eat with said soup is day old, really hard Portuguese bread. Because it is Portuguese bread, it is nummy, but it is still hard. Now I have to let it soak in my soupe de legumes until it's mushy enough to eat.

Oh, French food.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 18 2006, 03:03 PM)
    I just added too much parmesan cheese to my soup. Ooops. Oh, soupe de legumes, what have I done to you?

Also, the only bread we have in the house to eat with said soup is day old, really hard Portuguese bread. Because it is Portuguese bread, it is nummy, but it is still hard. Now I have to let it soak in my soupe de legumes until it's mushy enough to eat.

Oh, French food.

what is soupe de legumes? It sounds yummy
  • vegetable soup?
  • Ah you Canadian boardies. Of course you know some French. wink.gif

Hmm, soupe de legumes sounds better than just plain vegetable soup
  • its my duty to know a little french
  • so how do you say "French Fries" in French? I need to know! Please! Ronald McDonald is holding me at gunpoint.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 18 2006, 11:12 PM)
    so how do you say "French Fries" in French? I need to know! Please! Ronald McDonald is holding me at gunpoint.

Merci les fan français, we love you!

laugh.gif Actually, from what babelfish tells me, french fries is 'pommes frites' in French. But I used a translator, so please, whomever actually speaks it, don't kill me if it's wrong. smile.gif
  • I sort of wish I had put forth more effort in my fourth and final year of French class. Everything is a blur now >.< But I do (vaguely) remember a few things.

pomme = apple
    pomme de terre = apple of the earth = potato
    My understanding has it that "fries" = "les frites". But my memory is exceptionally hazy, so that could be wrong. Sorry ^^;; And I wouldn't think they'd call 'em "French" fries in France laugh.gif But then again, I've never been there. They could have a religious sect devoted strictly to Audrey Tautou and I wouldn't be the wiser blink.gif At any rate, I find the French language to be a bit doofy. In the most loveable way, of course.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 19 2006, 05:12 AM)
    so how do you say "French Fries" in French? I need to know! Please! Ronald McDonald is holding me at gunpoint.

Frites. (Pronunciation = "freete.")

You can say "pommes frites," but it's a bit superfluous, really. Everyone knows what you're talking about when you say "frites."

Also, I feel like there is, in fact, a religious sect devoted strictly to Audrey Tautou here. Speaking of Audrey Tatou, I want to go see Hors de Prix before I leave for Spain...

PS: Tempe, why didn't you just PM me?

PPS: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. (Not work appropriate, just fyi.)
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 19 2006, 11:15 AM)
    PS: Tempe, why didn't you just PM me?

It was hard to with Ronald Mcdonald holding me at gunpoint. But that would've been a good idea wink.gif
  • Hear ye, hear ye, Who wants to destroy my sweater?
  • ill do it! and for free!