In this Discussion

Nike?

Comments

• "We're making an iPod Nike album of sorts," Kulash reveals. "It's like a 31- or 32-minute workout set all to our music, in which I get to tell people how to run on their treadmills." And his bandmates are duly impressed: "Damian is like a virtual Richard Simmons." says Nordwind. "That's exactly how I think of him too," agrees guitarist Rusty Ross.

laugh.gif
  • wow people here are starting to know who am I talking about when I say "you iknoe the treadmills dudes??"!It's geting huge...even Nike now..
  • I'll start jabbering about how great OK Go is and people still always go "... who...?" and I hate to, but I say "Oh, you know, the treadmill guys?" and even still they don't know who I'm talking about. But when they don't I tell them they have to go check it out, and as the case may be, tell them to look at my myspace cuz I've got pics of them everywhere and I've got their videos on there too. I doubt they go, but it's worth a try.
  • oh don't worry, here hi5 is more popular than myspace (but i've got both) and my hi5 is filled with ok go stuff. Some people come to me and say that they love the band!
  • Thanks for posting that picture. I remembered that it was coming out today, but I didn't check iTunes yet. I think I'm going to end up buying this. I should get a couple of treadmills while I'm at it.
  • Since I'm at work and can't access ITunes, would someone mind telling me what's on the tracklisting? Please?

Thanks guys! :-D

Oh, wait, nevermind. I was able to save the photo to my computer and zoom in to see the tracklist. Sweet!
  • You're welcome. I was up pretty late and remembered thi was coming out.
    I can't decide if I should buy this since I dont own a treadmill. But "The virtual Richard Simmons" sure as hell makes me want to listen to this all day, with or without a treadmill!
  • I will have to buy it. Just so I can get a treadmill.
    Also, I want the "bonus" tracks.
  • QUOTE (terren @ Dec 19 2006, 11:30 PM)
    I will have to buy it. Just so I can get a treadmill.
    Also, I want the "bonus" tracks.

I bought it and listened to it a bit tonight. Damian's no Richard Simmons (and that's a good thing), but I can tell you that he's very encouraging. I can't wait to try it out on an actual treadmill. :-)
  • I really need to get some iTunes money. Haha. I heard the clip of Damian talking [brilliant way to motivate]. I think, if I actually went to the gym, I'd probably run more than anythinggggggg.
  • I saw that today in iTunes. I wanted to buy the whole album just for that little bit of Damian talking. It's so awesome and motivating at the same time, hahaha.
  • Damian actually talks in it? I thought that it was just the music remixed. Now I really have to buy it and sneak into a gym or something.
  • Yeah Damian does a bit of talking in it. The self proclaimed Treadmill God tells you when to speed up, slow down, and gives you some encouragement. I need to get a treadmill....
    The songs aren't really remixed, I thought they would be. They are just mixed. Does that make any sense?
  • Yeah, that makes sense. Like the songs are shoved together rather than being...remixed. I can't think of another word right now, but I think I get what you're saying.
  • the life of the page is here my friends. (and if u didn't get that i meant me)
  • who besides me wants a pink penguin?
  • with lime green poke-a-dots.
  • Ooo and black stripes!
  • No, I just want a shirt with penguins embroidered on it, like on that one dress shirt Tim has-