In this Discussion

Who saw them at the 89X show?

edited November -1 in OK Go
Last thursday i went to 89X stole christmas and Ok Go was performing, they were the best band there i'd have to say. It was also funny when they were done, how they said that to end the night theyre gunna make complete asses of themselves, then they did their dancing skit. I just wanted to know if anybody else saw the show.

Comments

• QUOTE (Advocate @ Dec 16 2006, 10:51 PM)
    Last thursday i went to 89X stole christmas and Ok Go was performing, they were the best band there i'd have to say. It was also funny when they were done, how they said that to end the night theyre gunna make complete asses of themselves, then they did their dancing skit. I just wanted to know if anybody else saw the show.
    *JAWDROP*
    I'm so out of the loop! I totally did not know OK Go was on the bill!
    Had I known, I would've looked into going. =(

• Hi Advocate, I was at that show too! biggrin.gif We had close lower bowl seats, but it was just too far away from the stage for me. Were you on the main floor? I can't even imagine being in the nosebleed seats there! I think there should have been a video screen. Anyway, I have a long and fantastic blog about meeting Damian before the show and a review of the concert on my MySpace if anyone wants to read it!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=22401136
  • Thanks for posting your write-up! It was a lot of fun to read. Damian is being really nice lately. Ever since that whole Damian is a jerk thread. haha
  • thats a really awesome write up. seems like a lot of fun! the photo album seemed nice too how many pictures were there?
  • QUOTE (rt802 @ Dec 17 2006, 10:03 PM)
    thats a really awesome write up. seems like a lot of fun! the photo album seemed nice too how many pictures were there?

Thanks! I'm still smiling about it! tongue.gif My husband loves taking pictures and experimenting with different lenses and setting and all that stuff. He probably took about 200 pictures that day! Just after the concert, I wrote this review with a link to the pictures. I know I need to put them on Flickr, or something easier to access, but they are on his laptop, so I never get to use it! Oh, the album I gave Damian probably had about 60 pictures in it.

http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...amp;#entry79761

Also, I just added a slideshow of us meeting Damian to my MySpace. (Link 3 posts up)
  • Here's a link to pictures and a backstage video from the 89X show. It's the top center box. There's a short interview with each band, but it's interesting that HIGA is playing throughout the whole thing. Merry Christmas everyone!!

http://www.89xradio.com/
  • Dietpepsidrunk, your signature made me stop and stare blink.gif
    (Sorry, that was really off topic. LOL)
  • QUOTE (D. Vertigo @ Dec 24 2006, 04:19 PM)
    Dietpepsidrunk, your signature made me stop and stare blink.gif

Thanks! I love it, but I'll have to change it in a week or so, I guess. I was just watching "A Christmas Story" today, and Damian is dressed exactly like the elf helping Santa when Ralphie climbs back up the slide to ask for the Red Rider BB Gun!