In this Discussion

HELP!!!!

Comments

• QUOTE (Suzy @ Dec 21 2006, 03:01 PM)
    Let's just hope you don't pop him!

haha, my mom thinks he'll come popped. She watched the video of him and when she saw Damian jump on Oliver and then the picture changing she said "Well, there ya go. You'll pry pay all that money and he'll show up and wont inflate. Notice that they didn't show it again after that!" but I don't believe that. I think these reindeer are thick. In one of the videos 2 guys sat on them and tried to run down the street with the legs dragging and all and they didn't really pop. They were a little more deflated than they were earlier, but they were under a lot of stress. So with the plans for Oliver, I think he'll be fine.

I hope blink.gif
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Dec 21 2006, 03:01 PM)
    I may think its a little silly, but in hindsight, like Katy said its the memory of doing it that will stay with you forever smile.gif

yep! Exactly. It is a little silly, and I know I'll look back on it and realize how rediculous we're being. But I won't regret it at all. And thank you all again! I was able to present all these ideas and thoughts in a mature coherant way to my mom, and though she still doesn't like us paying $300 for this, she understands where I'm coming from, so she's letting me go through with it. laugh.gif

We will post a ton of pictures when we get Oliver!
  • REALLY??? SWEET!!! Well, like I said before, even if she said "no", I'd pay for him in full and still share him. But that's fantastic! I'll have to tell my dad and nag him to hurry up and pay for Oliver dry.gif
  • I feel so proud of myself! I think I presented my arguement really well. I feel much better about the whole situation now happy.gif Hooray for giant inflatable reindeers!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Dec 21 2006, 01:47 PM)
    As a college student, $300 is about 1/3 of the cash I use in one semester.

First, they are not college students, they are still in highschool, they have no bills to pay, nothing to really save up for, so the fact that they even have the $300 to pay for him, at 16, should be speaking well enough for their maturity.

How about I make a deal with you: You sell the reindeer like your parents' want you to (they are not in any way being irrational), I'll buy you another inflatable reindeer - or any festive character of your choosing - and next time I go to a concert, I'll get it signed for you and even tell them your story, and I'm sure they'll write you a special message. Then you'll have a CUSTOMIZED signed inflatable reindeer, which is worth much more to a true fan, which you both are. I'm willing to foot the approx. $10 bill if you just sell the darn thing.

Way to sound like a pretentious fan. If they really wanted that, they could very well do it themselves, like you said, meeting the boys is fairly easy. And even if they did want that, which I know they don't, it still wouldn't be that great because YOU got it for them. But since, it is far beyond just the fact that they signed it at this point, that idea pretty much sucks.
  • hey hey hey, now don't start picking fights! I completely understand what HelloLover has been saying, and I completely understand the other side of it too.

haha and the only reason I have enough money to pay for this is
    1- me and Ushies are splitting the cost so I'm really only paying for half of it
    2- I get rediculously overpayed for babysitting lol

Anyway, I've found my answer through this whole discussion and everything went over quite well, so I'm happy.
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Dec 22 2006, 01:07 AM)
    First, they are not college students, they are still in highschool, they have no bills to pay, nothing to really save up for, so the fact that they even have the $300 to pay for him, at 16, should be speaking well enough for their maturity.

That is a good point; being in high school is far cheaper than being in college.

But you have to remember that that's the perspective that Karleigh and I, as well, have. I just got a $300+ credit card bill and I'm freaking out because I don't know how I'm going to pay it off. $300, as a college student, is a significant amount of money, and that's how we see it.

But all the more reason for them to spend $300 now, when they're not in college, than to do it in college, when they'll be homeless for a third of the semester.
  • haha yes, and I totally said that to my mom. How this is my last chance to be a kid and have fun before I have to start paying bills and fending for myself! Oh and jedi_grrlie, I directly quoted you from that last section of your first comment on here, and it went over well, just so you know. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Dec 21 2006, 07:07 PM)
    Way to sound like a pretentious fan. If they really wanted that, they could very well do it themselves, like you said, meeting the boys is fairly easy. And even if they did want that, which I know they don't, it still wouldn't be that great because YOU got it for them. But since, it is far beyond just the fact that they signed it at this point, that idea pretty much sucks.

After reviewing this response, I will sum up what a couple of people (who will remain anonymous) are thinking but are too nice to say. I, on the other hand, don't need to be nice since no one likes me anyway.

Shove it.

Moving on...

Good luck with the reindeer girls, and make lots of memories!
  • Wow. I missed this entire thing. That'll teach me to sleep until 5 PM. Anyway, I'm glad you guys were able to save Oliver. It would have been heart-shattering if you had to let him go.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Dec 21 2006, 05:31 PM)
    After reviewing this response, I will sum up what a couple of people (who will remain anonymous) are thinking but are too nice to say. I, on the other hand, don't need to be nice since no one likes me anyway.

Shove it.

Moving on...

Good luck with the reindeer girls, and make lots of memories!

Uh, don't tell her to "shove it". That makes you sound more bitchy than you probably are.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 21 2006, 09:55 PM)
    How much can you do with an inflatable reindeer?

I dont know I think Damian, Dan, Tim and Andy had fun with it lol.
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Dec 22 2006, 01:05 AM)
    Uh, don't tell her to "shove it". That makes you sound more bitchy than you probably are.

Hahahah, keyword is probably, but thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. And they say chivalry is dead, pshhh.
  • Personally, I would hide it round your closest mates house who would be up for letting an inflatable Reindeer sleep in their house. Then you can go round and see Oliver, but tell your parents you sold it for $300 or whatever.
    Isn't lieing to parents fun? biggrin.gif
  • Nice thought, but Emily is in fact my best friend and no one else cares much about OK Go so they wouldn't want it there. But, it's all cleared up now! My dad finally got the reply from the Virgin Mobile people on how much the total is and he's put in the money and Oliver should be getting shipped out soon biggrin.gif
  • oh good!!!! man I never thought I'd be this excited to get in inflatable reindeer. laugh.gif but I am so excited! yay! I can't wait to take a billion silly pictures with him. and he's going on the 2008 OK Go roadtrip with us happy.gif
  • Hey all, just wanted to let you know that Oliver has a myspace now! It's http://www.myspace.com/oliverthereindeer
    That's where the many pictures will be posted, as well as our many adventures with Oliver, so that we won't have to muck up the boards with tons of posts because I'm sure there are going to be tons of pictures taken quite often. I haven't perfected it yet or anything, and he still hasn't arrived, but he should be getting here soon biggrin.gif
  • Lol, that's cute. I might just have to friend him. biggrin.gif
  • I love that background, Maura. laugh.gif
  • CUTENESS. I added Oliver too smile.gif smile.gif He's a hottie fo' sho'